Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. With Todd Haley sticking to the hurry-up offense for 2014, what do you guys expect Big Ben's fantasy outlook to be this season?

2. The team brought in Blount this offseason to compliment Bell. How might Bell's value take a hit with this addition and will Blount actually have fantasy value?

3. After Antonio Brown, it's anyone's guess who will emerge from this receiving corp. There has been some talk about Heath Miller being a value pick at TE, but what do you guys think of Wheaton and Bryant in 2014 and beyond?

kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. With Todd Haley sticking to the hurry-up offense for 2014, what do you guys expect Big Ben's fantasy outlook to be this season?

2. The team brought in Blount this offseason to compliment Bell. How might Bell's value take a hit with this addition and will Blount actually have fantasy value?

3. After Antonio Brown, it's anyone's guess who will emerge from this receiving corp. There has been some talk about Heath Miller being a value pick at TE, but what do you guys think of Wheaton and Bryant in 2014 and beyond?

1. I think Ben's fantasy value will be a good bit less than his real value. I have a feeling we are going to do a lot more running in the red zone and Ben still doesn't have a true TD target. If we start to see a lot of success early with running in the red zone, I can see Ben putting up quite a few short yardage TDs later in the season as a result of Haley "thinking" a good bit. I do think Ben will put up some solid yardage numbers though.

2. Blount is probably going to get some bulk carries in games where we are pretty far ahead, and Tomlin wants to try to pound the rock without having to worry about overworking his franchise RB (Bell). Bell is going to get a lot of PPR touches I believe but the TDs will probably be spread around a good bit. Blount won't be an every week play unless one of the 2 RBs goes down, then I see RB1/2 value for whomever is left standing

3. Bryant is a middle-round WR and Tomlin's had some resounding success with those guys. He's tall and athletic and gives me some Plax vibes in that I think he will be a boom/bust guy in the future from week to week, i.e. stash him on your dynasty team and then couple him with a consistent possession WR on your squad. Wheaton? I see him as Emmanuel Sanders Jr. The big thing with WRs and Ben is how well they respond to Ben improvising. Even with Haley's "leash" (I can see the arguments now...) on Ben a bit, Ben will move around. I think a limiting factor of Sanders is that he simply never got on the same sheet of music with Ben in those situations, and Brown always did. You can't really judge that in Wheaton yet at all. I have a feeling Moore will be a decent WR3 value guy however.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add Dri Archer to Keth's response for #3. I think they may try to mix him into formations and get him the ball in various ways. I also think they will use Bell out of the backfield more.

I would not take Bryant unless it was a dynasty league. I think he will mainly be a decoy like Wallace was used in his first year. Flys and posts to clear out an area. But they have to throw to him to demand the double coverage

Although I have been waiting for the Steelers to run more wheel routes and flairs for year. Or I've been waiting for Ben to throw to them more.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just reply to this one:

Quote:

Last year's offensive improvement wasn't as much about the hurry-up as it was Ben calling the plays. The run game improved off of the audible and our redzone offense took a huge leap forward.

That's not going to change this coming season.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an interesting dynamic with our offence.

I think that Todd Haley's plays are really quite good but that Ben understands how to deploy them better than Haley does.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Last edited by MightyJoeYoung on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
There's an interesting dynamic with out offence.

I think that Todd Haley's plays are really quite good but that Ben understands how to deploy them better than Haley does.

I think most competent QBs can make adjustments better than most if not all OCs. They are there and see the defense.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I would add Dri Archer to Keth's response for #3. I think they may try to mix him into formations and get him the ball in various ways. I also think they will use Bell out of the backfield more.

I would not take Bryant unless it was a dynasty league. I think he will mainly be a decoy like Wallace was used in his first year. Flys and posts to clear out an area. But they have to throw to him to demand the double coverage

Although I have been waiting for the Steelers to run more wheel routes and flairs for year. Or I've been waiting for Ben to throw to them more.

agreed re: Bryant/dynasty and Bell out of the backfield.

I do think they're going to try to use Archer more, but I'm not sure I'd mention him for fantasy relevance unless your league gets points for return yards. I don't think he'll be consistent enough as a positional player for fantasy relevance
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:

agreed re: Bryant/dynasty and Bell out of the backfield.

I do think they're going to try to use Archer more, but I'm not sure I'd mention him for fantasy relevance unless your league gets points for return yards. I don't think he'll be consistent enough as a positional player for fantasy relevance

I would only take Archer if it were the last pick of a dynasty draft and both Bryant and Blount were gone. I think Blount could be a vulture for goalline TDs. Any of them are risks. But if Archer wins the return duties, I think it is a better risk than Bryant ( if you get return yards).

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I think his fantasy outlook is the same it's been the past few years.

65%, 4,300 YDs, 25 Tds

Quote:
I don't think Blount will have much fantasy value, I'm surprised he came to Pittsburgh actually, at least in NE he had an outside chance to start.

Bell rushing: 1000 YDs, 10 Tds

Receiving: 45 recs, 425 YDs, 1 TD

Blount rushing: 500 YDs, 5 Tds

Quote:
3. After Antonio Brown, it's anyone's guess who will emerge from this receiving corp. There has been some talk about Heath Miller being a value pick at TE, but what do you guys think of Wheaton and Bryant in 2014 and beyond?[/b]
I'm a Wheaton fan, expect him to pick up right where Sanders left off:

60 recs, 800 YDs, 5 Tds

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: