Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would rather give Ponder another shot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
Is there anybody here not sipping the purple koolaid for just a sec?

Ponder possesses great accuracy and is the best athlete of all our QB's. He can run the ball and pass. He's a more complete player that just needed time to develop. If there was an open competition in training camp, he would win the starting job. But our coaching staff is playing favorites. Incompetence at it's finest. It's juts whoever zimmer likes, not what's best for the team. Zimmer was all in on Josh Gordon and look how that turned out. Guy jst picks who he likes not best for th team.

It appears quite the opposite. While we are looking at this from a rational point of view, you are guzzling down the Viking/Ponder koolaid.

Can you provide any something substantial that proves "Ponder possesses great accuracy"? From what I've seen, Ponder had nice short pass accuracy, but aside from that, his accuracy really wasn't that good at all. This could be due to poor footwork, or his panicking when there was pressure in his face.

Ponder very well could be the best athlete of all our QBs, but I have yet to see Bridgewater take any live snaps in the NFL, so I cannot form an opinion on this.

Every single QB in NFL History can run and throw. Some are good at it, some are bad. I don't get what you're trying to point out here?

How is he a complete player? This is his 4th year in the league. If a player hasn't fully developed at this point, there is something wrong. From the way I see it, Ponder has maxed out his ability. He should be a career backup.

There is an open competition going on right now. We do not know if Ponder will win that job. Can you provide anything to substantiate your claim that our coaches are playing "favorites"? These types of claims need support to back them up.

Again, whatever Zimmer likes, opposed to the best for the team? Substantiate this claim.

I was unaware Mike Zimmer had anything to do with Josh Gordon. Perhaps you mean Norv Turner? From the looks of things, when Turner was Clevelands OC, it turned out that Josh Gordon looked like an elite WR. Norv Turner is no longer the OC of Cleveland. He has nothing to do with Gordon now. You cannot blame Gordon's legal trouble on any other human being other than Josh Gordon.

down but not out. I still believe!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
Zimmer was all in on Josh Gordon and look how that turned out. Guy jst picks who he likes not best for th team.

Please remind me when those two were associated together? Zimmer has said that EVERY position is an open competition. Not sure how he is incompetent when he hasn't even coached one game as a HC either. Rolling Eyes

My bad sir meant Turner

so when you say, "Guy jst picks who he likes not best for th team," do you mean Turner or Zimmer?

welcome aboard the site, my man, but this posting so far from you reminds me more of projectile vomiting.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
VikingChop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
Frazier knew what he had to do. Run the ball and use Ponder sparingly, bring him along slowly.

This new HC thinks throwing the ball and using Peterson as a receiver is a grand idea. My god. I'm very skeptical this season.

I just don't think ponder or frazier were ever the problems.

OMG we have an offensive coordinator that wants to open up the passing game and actually utilize one of the biggest "freak" athletes with the ball in his hands in the league?

We are doomed. I'm gonna miss the old run-run-pass-punt offense.

He's good at talking and making us feel like we have something to look forward to. Our offense was fine last season, our problem was rushing the passer. hello? anyboy home?

why change the offense when it already works? Peterson is unproven as a wr, and its such a stupid idea to line up the best rb in the game as a receiver.

I'll give zimmer and turner a chance with this new offense but they better score at least what we were averaging last season wk1 or Im going to lose faith quickly. Im just not impressed sorry.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
Our offense was fine last season, our problem was rushing the passer. hello? anyboy home?

hello?

Anthony Barr? Everson Griffen?

VikingChop wrote:
I'll give zimmer and turner a chance with this new offense but they better score at least what we were averaging last season wk1 or Im going to lose faith quickly.

and you haven't yet?

VikingChop wrote:
Im just not impressed sorry.

i think you meant to write "impressive."

how long you been a Viking fan, by the way...?

Webmaster wrote:

Last edited by vike daddy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
VikingChop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
Zimmer was all in on Josh Gordon and look how that turned out. Guy jst picks who he likes not best for th team.

Please remind me when those two were associated together? Zimmer has said that EVERY position is an open competition. Not sure how he is incompetent when he hasn't even coached one game as a HC either. Rolling Eyes

My bad sir meant Turner

so when you say, "Guy jst picks who he likes not best for th team," do you mean Turner or Zimmer?

welcome aboard the site, my man, but this posting so far from you reminds me more of projectile vomiting.

Turner is an ok offensive coordinator, its just this whole new scheme thing is going to throw us off. we are not a pass oriented team.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
Peterson is unproven as a wr, and its such a stupid idea to line up the best rb in the game as a receiver.

Who said anything about splitting him out, I'm sure he has before and Norv will have some formations that may require that. He'll be more of a recieving threat out of the backfield.
19 rec. 213 yards 1 TD
562 yards to go
9 games left

Last edited by VikeManDan on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
VikingChop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelking playing favorites is practically naming a starter and its not even training camp yet. that is playing favorites.

Cassell is not phillip rivers. Wake up Turner. Your best talent is Ponder. What makes anyone think Cassell is going to learn anything new? Hes been in the league longer than Ponder and they're both just as good in my opinion.

Turner knew josh gordon was out for himself and only cared about his stats and drugs. Gordon doesn't care about winning. I question if turner cares about the Vikings. He left CLE so fast. I am just really skeptical about this coaching staff. I think we might be getting set up with false hope and are tanking this season to pick up an elite prospect in 2015. It just doesnt make sense AT ALL.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer has yet to name a starting QB to my knowledge....
19 rec. 213 yards 1 TD
562 yards to go
9 games left
VikingChop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
VikingChop wrote:
Our offense was fine last season, our problem was rushing the passer. hello? anyboy home?

hello?

Anthony Barr? Everson Griffen?

VikingChop wrote:
I'll give zimmer and turner a chance with this new offense but they better score at least what we were averaging last season wk1 or Im going to lose faith quickly.

and you haven't yet?

VikingChop wrote:
Im just not impressed sorry.

i think you meant to write "impressive."

how long you been a Viking fan, by the way...?
Anthony Barr is exciting but griffen is overrated and is getting paid WAYY two much

Not yet....
VikingChop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viking fan since Brett Farve became a Viking, why??
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many things that I'm debating about writing but I'll just go with facts:

1. Josh Gordon was brought in prior to Norv Turner being on the staff for the Browns, Norv just used him to the best of his ability.

2. Prior to last season, Ponder was below the league average in at every distance except less than 1 yard thrown down the field.

TENINCH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many poor decisions by Ponder. No interest in him ever starting for Minnesota again.

"If I have to hurt some feelings I’m going to hurt some feelings. I don’t really care. Because my feelings are hurt, too." --Mike Zimmer
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
Steelking playing favorites is practically naming a starter and its not even training camp yet. that is playing favorites.

Cassell is not phillip rivers. Wake up Turner. Your best talent is Ponder. What makes anyone think Cassell is going to learn anything new? Hes been in the league longer than Ponder and they're both just as good in my opinion.

Turner knew josh gordon was out for himself and only cared about his stats and drugs. Gordon doesn't care about winning. I question if turner cares about the Vikings. He left CLE so fast. I am just really skeptical about this coaching staff. I think we might be getting set up with false hope and are tanking this season to pick up an elite prospect in 2015. It just doesnt make sense AT ALL.

Zimmer has stated that the QBs are in an open competition [link below]

http://msn.foxsports.com/north/story/zimmer-starting-qb-will-be-open-competition-061714

I already stated how I viewed Ponder in comparison to Cassel. The biggest difference is the mental aspect of the game.

You are making claims and then not backing them up whatsoever. Until you can provide a link to these claims (or anything substantial), then this conversation is going nowhere.

down but not out. I still believe!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
...practically naming a starter and its not even training camp yet. that is playing favorites.

Zimmer has said repeatedly the job is up for grabs.

Webmaster wrote:
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0XXmVts1y0

This adds more substance to the thread.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: