Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the seventh best defender on this team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the next best defender on this team?
Micah Hyde
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Mike Neal
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nick Perry
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Morgan Burnett
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
BJ Raji
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
AJ Hawk
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
Healthy Nick Perry > Everybody else on that list.

What has Perry done to even get him in the top 11.

For one, he wasn't healthy late last year. Second, Perry was only the Packers most efficient pass rusher from a non interior position. I saw an article on Bleacher Report earlier basically saying everything you said just now...and all that was is cherry picked stats to HARRELL! him. Perry was hurt, yes. However when he's on the field he's the Packers best pass rusher and stats back that up - ESPECIALLY from the blind side. With Peppers, Clay and Perry we have three guys that can spell each other and stay fresh through games and through the season. Perry is going to surprise a lot of people.

The Perry ignorance on this site is overwhelming. As stated, Perry was NOT healthy last year.

Look at his game against the Colts his rookie year and his game against the Lions on Thanksgiving. Those are two games where he was healthy. Then appropriately put your foot entirely into your mouth.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
Healthy Nick Perry > Everybody else on that list.

What has Perry done to even get him in the top 11. Even at the end of last year when he was supposedly healthy he was getting fewer and fewer snaps. He will be darn lucky to make the team frankly. Absolutely a bust at this point of his career and he missed this year's OTA's - not a good sign.

No, he was there even for the non-mandatory offseason stuff. He wasn't the only one not participating in the drills. I"m not ready to declare him a bust just yet.

Facts are facts and I can only hope Nick Perry stays healthy and shows us all why he was a 1st round draft pick, but Perry has played in only 15 of 32 games since has was drafted and at the end of last year, when he was supposedly healthy, he played fewer snaps each game because he just was not getting the job done. I might even conclude Perry's position on the team right now is why TT felt he had to resign Mike Neal. There is no question Perry does not belong on any list of being one of the top 11 defensive players, that's all I am saying.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
There is no question Perry does not belong on any list of being one of the top 11 defensive players, that's all I am saying.

I agree with this, though I hope NP proves me wrong.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Facts are facts and I can only hope Nick Perry stays healthy and shows us all why he was a 1st round draft pick, but Perry has played in only 15 of 32 games since has was drafted and at the end of last year, when he was supposedly healthy, he played fewer snaps each game because he just was not getting the job done. I might even conclude Perry's position on the team right now is why TT felt he had to resign Mike Neal. There is no question Perry does not belong on any list of being one of the top 11 defensive players, that's all I am saying.

The fact is, this is not a fact. He had a lingering injury. Injury does not equal healthy. In no definition is injury synonymous with healthy. Not in anybody's world but your own made up one. All you're saying is a bunch of lies.
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hawk is my #3 and Raji my #4, going by importance. So Hawk for my vote. I dont even want to imagine how much things would change if Hawk missed significant time.

^^^Sums up Hawk round these parts.
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

The fact is, this is not a fact. He had a lingering injury. Injury does not equal healthy. In no definition is injury synonymous with healthy. Not in anybody's world but your own made up one. All you're saying is a bunch of lies.

Yeah, the guy was apparently so injured he hasn't even been able to practice yet this year but he was "supposedly healthy" lol
raj34

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
he missed this year's OTA's - not a good sign.

Yes, practice without pads is very important..................

oh, wait.

I don't think the coaches share your opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: