Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the seventh best defender on this team?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the next best defender on this team?
Micah Hyde
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Mike Neal
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nick Perry
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Morgan Burnett
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
BJ Raji
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
AJ Hawk
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 36

Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Who is the seventh best defender on this team? Reply with quote

1) Clay Matthews

2) Sam Shields

3) Julius Peppers

4) Mike Daniels

5) Casey Hayward

6) Tramon Williams

The top six or so shouldn't be changing that much IMO by the end of the season. Maybe there is some mix up there, just like the bottom couple should most likely be Brad Jones, and maybe a couple of other guys.

I guess I should have explained it better, it should look mostly like who was the best last year, which is tough to do anyways with the injuries, mixed in with where you see the new talent landing. Peppers could/should be a top four-six guy on this D.

Always has to be a but though, right? But if it is too cut and dry then there is no room for debate which is kind of the point of a forum right?

So long story longer, the top six or so should be guys that we are bragging when the "experts" in NFL gen say that we have no talent on D. The next group should be the up and comers, and pretty much 100% opinion because we have no idea how good they are going to be. Then its the carp fish, the bottom feeders that you want off the team as soon as possible. Every team has them and IMO that should be the threads in NFL gen to determine who is good and who isn't. "List your crap and the guys you have wanting to break out".

At the end of the day, you cannot be wrong and I was just hoping to spark some good discussion in the long drought of no sports right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healthy Nick Perry > Everybody else on that list.
packerrfan74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:

For the sake of our defense and the $$$ in his future, we need Perry to have a full healthy season.

S/O to CalhounLambeau for the sig
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerrfan74 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

For the sake of our defense and the $$$ in his future, we need Perry to have a full healthy season.

Absolutely. I'll be disappointed with anything less than 13 healthy games for Perry this year. And I'm sick of all that talent standing on the sideline. He really is supremely underrated when healthy.
packerrfan74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
packerrfan74 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

Absolutely. I'll be disappointed with anything less than 13 healthy games for Perry this year. And I'm sick of all that talent standing on the sideline. He really is supremely underrated when healthy.

Perry, yes. Our defense, even more so underrated when healthy.

S/O to CalhounLambeau for the sig
Skypilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'm going with Micah Hyde. I'll go with AJ as 8th best defender as I suggested in the 3rd-best defender thread. He's been far more productive than Raji and more consistent. Perry hasn't done much. First, stop getting injured; learn how to play OLB in the 3/4, then, we'll talk, Nick.

Yet, Hyde really showed something his rookie season. So much so as to elicit a response from none other than Mike McCarthy saying Micah needed to be on the field. Excellent value pick by TT.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next best defender? Mike Neal. Most important? BJ Raji (playing to his potential would seriously benefit this defense)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically it'd be Hawk, but Perry, Burnett, or Hyde could be up there as well.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<---- Neal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point its Micah Hyde hands down. He will play multiple positions and may very well be the returner again. Neal and Hawk should come next.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is close between Burnett and Hawk. Both are very solid, but unspectacular players. However, I think Burnett could thrive with another (hopefully) quality safety next to him in HaHa.

I may get lambasted by some for this, but I think I'd have to say Hawk. I don't think Hawk gets enough credit as far as making calls and adjustments for the defense. He's a very intelligent player (not that Burnett isn't) but I think his experience starting 8 years for us gives him the edge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:

What has Perry done to even get him in the top 11. Even at the end of last year when he was supposedly healthy he was getting fewer and fewer snaps. He will be darn lucky to make the team frankly. Absolutely a bust at this point of his career and he missed this year's OTA's - not a good sign.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

What has Perry done to even get him in the top 11.

For one, he wasn't healthy late last year. Second, Perry was only the Packers most efficient pass rusher from a non interior position. I saw an article on Bleacher Report earlier basically saying everything you said just now...and all that was is cherry picked stats to HARRELL! him. Perry was hurt, yes. However when he's on the field he's the Packers best pass rusher and stats back that up - ESPECIALLY from the blind side. With Peppers, Clay and Perry we have three guys that can spell each other and stay fresh through games and through the season. Perry is going to surprise a lot of people.

I voted for Hawk, though. I don't know why Hyde is on this list. The next few off the board should be Hawk, Burnett and Raji.

Sig brought to you by Justo
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
he missed this year's OTA's - not a good sign.

Yes, practice without pads is very important..................

oh, wait.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:

What has Perry done to even get him in the top 11. Even at the end of last year when he was supposedly healthy he was getting fewer and fewer snaps. He will be darn lucky to make the team frankly. Absolutely a bust at this point of his career and he missed this year's OTA's - not a good sign.

No, he was there even for the non-mandatory offseason stuff. He wasn't the only one not participating in the drills. I"m not ready to declare him a bust just yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: