Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are you looking forward to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Peppers has anything left?
Will Datone Jones improve?
Is Hayward back to the level of his rookie season (at least)?
Will Shields live up to his new contract?
What is left from Sherrod?
Who is going to play tight end? Can Lyerla make it?
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Just seeing this sexy man back out on the field...

Seriously, it's just a pleasure to be able to watch that man every Sunday.

Yup. He's the best. Watching him is the best. Every play he's on the field is MUST-WATCH.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
packerrfan74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Da Duh Da Da Duh!

S/O to CalhounLambeau for the sig
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Seeing how Hyde holds up at safety. We know he can ball in the slot and be an alright boundary corner but we need him to be the quality depth we need at safety.

We don't know Hyde can ball in the slot.

72% of passes targeted at Hyde were completed.
101.5 was the opposing QBR when targeting Hyde.

Both of those numbers are awful.

Oh I know. I brought those numbers up early in the offseason. I do think Hyde improved as the year went on and played really well the last four or five games. The Niners whooped his [inappropriate/removed] both games we played against them but I think he will be a solid depth player/dime back moving forward.

Sig brought to you by Justo
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
Pugger wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I am looking forward to:

NFL football.....period
Fantasy Football
Julius Peppers in a Packer uniform
Can Clay stay healthy and can Nick Perry get healthy
What does Dujuan Harris have left
TE battle
Ha Ha and if he is an upgrade

Beating the Seahawks

That won't be too hard. Wink

I'm just praying we can stay relatively healthy for a change. Having a boat load of injuries is what has killed our chances for playoff success since the 2011 season IMO.

Yep. Hayward and his knack for pilfering opponent passes was sorely missed last year. With he, and Hyde making that 2nd year jump, I expect the secondary to be much improved. Then, you have Ha Ha learning the ropes and working his way into the mix.

A healthy CM3 and the addition of Peppers, too. On offense…Rodgers at TE and Tretter/C. Also, Bakhtiari taking the next step and nailing down that LT position for years to come.

I think these last two drafts have the team back on track, after too many failed picks 2011/12. There's a ton of young talent and TT ponied up for Peppers.

-Looking forward to Brad Jones returning to his excellent 2012 form, when PFF had him as one of the top ILB's in the NFL. Wasn't he one of the walking wounded you alluded to in 2013?

Also interested in seeing how the team handles the Nelson and Cobb negotiations. Who stays and who leaves? Can they afford both?

At RB: The three headed monster of lacy, Starks and Harris is very solid, even with the unfortunate retirement of Franklin.

I really see both coming back, TT doesn't let them leave just yet. Cobb would be the only one I'd worry about, just because he may ask for more then TT wants to give b/c his value is high just about anywhere he would go.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating the Seahawks
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers is the #1 for me. I'm interested to see if he can elevate the pass rush to some sort of respectability.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
PackIR's and forum depression. It's when I find most happiness in terms of sports for some reason.

Schadenfreude.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Seeing how Hyde holds up at safety. We know he can ball in the slot and be an alright boundary corner but we need him to be the quality depth we need at safety.

We don't know Hyde can ball in the slot.

72% of passes targeted at Hyde were completed.
101.5 was the opposing QBR when targeting Hyde.

Both of those numbers are awful.
Thanks for the numbers! A lot of people seem to love Hyde, when I probably cussed his name as much as any other name last year. He did do some things well, and he seems willing to play wherever they ask him. But I think he is our most overrated player on this forum.

There is a reason that there is talks of him playing safety. Because Hayward is going to have no problem winning the slot corner job over Hyde. Hayward can ball.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
driftwood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

defense defense defense...

time's up, no more excuses for extended s#!t play on the field

you got a supposedly motivated Raji. you got a supposedly motivated peppers. you got plenty of high draft picks that have short leashes & need to finally step up. you got CH back & healthy. our top rookie plays a position we clearly needed upgraded. they D-staff has apparently simplified things...

not sure I can take another season of pathetic play from our D
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

you got a supposedly motivated Raji. you got a supposedly motivated peppers. you got plenty of high draft picks that have short leashes & need to finally step up. you got CH back & healthy. our top rookie plays a position we clearly needed upgraded. they D-staff has apparently simplified things...

It would also be nice if some of our high defensive draft picks could just stay on the bloody field! Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

This.

But besides that...

1. WR play. Is Adams our #3? Moreover, can he match or better Boykin's production right out of the gate? Is Abby the next Welker like scouts hyped him up to be? Is Janis that diamond in the rough?
2. Our TE's.
3. ILB, that's another position that needs a close eye kept on. Will Jones be a dependable RILB opposite Hawk? Will Barrington or Lattimore step up and be the next Bishop if he's not?
4. I wonder how much Datone improves in year 2. He looked every bit as good as advertised in TC until he suffered that ankle injury against the Cards and he finally started to show something towards the end of last season, here's hoping it progresses into year 2 and he can stay healthy.
5. I'm interested in seeing what Sherrod has to offer after pretty much missing all of the last 2 seasons.
6. It might be wistful thinking, but can we please stay off the injury bug and be relatively healthy for once?

BTW, the reason I didn't mention any other spots on D is because, well, driftwood already nailed it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

Last year, McCarthy said the run game would improve. To say it's improved is an understatement! He said the same about the defense this year. That's good enough for me. He doesn't strike me as the type of person to make bold statements without backing them up (like Rex Ryan). I predict a top 10 D in '14.
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
driftwood wrote:

Last year, McCarthy said the run game would improve. To say it's improved is an understatement! He said the same about the defense this year. That's good enough for me. He doesn't strike me as the type of person to make bold statements without backing them up (like Rex Ryan). I predict a top 10 D in '14.

One big difference in that running game improvement vs the defense improving, is MM being the play caller could very much influence how much the running game changed with how he called plays, the offense philosophy, etc. Having Lacy certainly helps that, but he still needed to use Lacy.

MM can only influence how Dom Capers uses the defense (players and packages/scheme) to a certain extent....unless he is willing to make a coaching change mid-season if things are not going well.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
driftwood wrote:

Well, that depends. Our secondary should be much improved, but the middle of our D is still a question mark. We have a lot riding on either Jones stepping up or Barrington or Lattimore developing into the next Bishop. If neither happens, our run D will still struggle, I've been saying this for some time now.

BTW, Yahoo Sports now lists Bradford at RILB on our depth chart, hmm, could it be we might actually be experimenting with him there after all? Think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: