Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the Raiders best player?
Tyvon Branch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sebastian Janikowski
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
James Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sio Moore
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Marcel Reece
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Mychal Rivera
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Roach
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Schaub
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pat Sims
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Antonio Smith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rod Streater
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Justin Tuck
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Stefan Wisniewski
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lamarr Woodley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Charles Woodson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

In an attempt to ignite a fire in this forum again and spark some conversation, let's try and do the classic ranking the Raiders current roster post FA and the draft. This will be the first of a number of threads to determine the ranking of players by majority vote.

So lets begin. Who is the Raiders best overall player?

My personal vote: Marcel Reece

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
In an attempt to ignite a fire in this forum again and spark some conversation, let's try and do the classic ranking the Raiders current roster post FA and the draft. This will be the first of a number of threads to determine the ranking of players by majority vote.

If it's the most valuable player based on youth and upside I go mack, but if it's simply by who is the best at their position, it's a pretty easy argument that marcel reece is the best fullback in the nfl. Nice job opening up a thread during this dead period. I needa get back on my position outlooks now that I'm back from a business trip Embarassed .
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Maybe I'm getting sensitive in my old age but I started to tear as your thread but this team in perspective for me. I'm sorry but if a fullback, who isn't even in the game on every offensive play, is your best player then your team stinks.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Maybe I'm getting sensitive in my old age but I started to tear as your thread but this team in perspective for me. I'm sorry but if a fullback, who isn't even in the game on every offensive play, is your best player then your team stinks.

It used to be a punter tho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Lololol Sad

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

You're killing me . . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on all previous years including last year I would have to go Justin Tuck. If Schaub didnt have the down year last year he would be in the mix. I suspect some of our younger guys will take the next step this year and elevate themselves into the mix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod Streater! If we had stable QB play he would already have been a 1000 yard receiver and could be a #1 guy. He has all the tools, size, speed, and catches everything he is a go to guy, just needs consistent QB production and Rod will be a top 10-20 WR in the NFL. Also this is his 3rd year when most young WR's make there mark.

Last edited by raidr4life on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Rod Streater! If we had stable QB play he would already have been a 1000 yard receiver and could be a #1 guy. He has all the tools, size, speed, and catches everything he is a go to guy, just needs consistent QB production and Rod will be a top 10-20 WR in the NFL. Also this is his 3rd year when most young WR's there mark.

Ya he was one of those guys I would be tempted to put up there but I am going to hold off until after this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Rod Streater! If we had stable QB play he would already have been a 1000 yard receiver and could be a #1 guy. He has all the tools, size, speed, and catches everything he is a go to guy, just needs consistent QB production and Rod will be a top 10-20 WR in the NFL. Also this is his 3rd year when most young WR's make there mark.

Ya he was one of those guys I would be tempted to put up there but I am going to hold off until after this season.
Cool! I'm calling it now. Haha!
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ranking The Raiders Roster - Who is Number One? Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

How can you vote for some of these other guys who could be the best player if many of us have never seen them play.
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impossible to say who our best player is. It could be Streater, heck DMC could return to form, Schaub too. Could be Mack. But until these guys get on the practice field we have no idea at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel Reece seeing hes been to back to back pro bowls. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reece is the only guy on the roster you could have any argument saying hes a top 3 player at his position in the NFL. Obviously fullback isn't a premier position but I cant think of another guy in the NFL at FB that can do the things he does. He can run the ball and do it as effective as a lot of starting caliber RBs in the NFL. Hes a great lead blocker. He can split out wide and beat a CB or LB. I mean seriously how many FBs in the league can you split out wide and legitimately say that's a mismatch for whoever is covering him. Really the only complaint I have had with 45 over the years is something that he has no control over and that is his lack of involvement. It may be sad that our best player is a FB, but we have added quite a bit of talent this year if you compare it to the past couple. Obviously that needs to continue to be the case but even still Reece is a great player and could have am argument as being the best player on a number of teams if positional value isn't factored in.

Other guys I considered are

Wiz - He isn't a top 5 center Imo, but he is a top 10 guy. He has pretty much been exactly what most experts thought he would be coming out of Penn State. Hes a guy you plug into the interior for a decade and cross that position off your list of needs. He was basically the only linemen (especially on the interior) worth their salt on the team last year. I expect another very solid and sound season out of him next year. And while on a lot of teams that probably isn't good enough to be the best player on the team, on this team that could be enough. Its a process of tearing the team down and infusing talent but Wiz will continue to be rock solid year in and year out regardless.

Rod Streater - like someone else has mentioned if he had a better supporting cast and even a decent QB to get him the ball we could be talking about a top 15ish WR in the NFL. He can make the big play, make the tough grab over the middle, good hands, solid route runner, and has grown so much in his short time here. Interested to see him continue to grow and hopefully get some help around him.

Tyvon Branch - Obviously he didn't play much last year because of injury but prior to that he was very very solid. He isn't without flaws to be sure, but he has some good skills and if he had a better supporting cast I don't think those flaws would be as noticeable. Hopefully he bounces back strong this year, I believe this is clearly the best talent he has had around him in his career. Interested to see if he can really break out with an improved pass rush and a still very solid C Wood next to him. He was an underrated guy that everyone wanted to predict to become a breakout star and then he became almost forgotten about. I personally don't think we have seen Tyvon's best football.

Justin Tuck - At one point Justin Tuck was a leader on one of the most feared fronts in the league. He was a model of consistency and production. He's getting up there in age but was still productive last year on a team that frankly just played awful. Its entirely possible that father time catches up to him as soon as this year. But something inside me says he has a few real solid years ahead of him. On a team without a whole lot of talent that could equal being the best player on the team.

Khalil Mack - Everyone knows how talented and how much potential this guy has. I truly believe that our defense is going to go as far as Mack can take them. Obviously the other guys have to do their part and he will have struggles as a rookie, but he is the wildcard of this defense. The faster he gets used to the NFL the better the overall team will be. A real frontrunner for rookie of the year, and imvho a potential DPOY candidate in a few years. Its entirely possible that he ends up being our unquestioned best player on the team by seasons end, but as is the case with all rookies you simply cant crown them before they produce on the field. I firmly believe he ends up being the guy we drafted him to be, but I cant call him our best player right now.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread makes me sad lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: