Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBC Sports at it again: Rank Raiders #32
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: NBC Sports at it again: Rank Raiders #32 Reply with quote

NBC Sports has some kind of beef with the Raiders whether its ProFootballTalk or Rotoworld they just bash the Raiders relentlessly and for some reason seem not to do the same to less talented teams.

The latest Raiders bashing has the Raiders ranked 32 out of 32 teams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/preseason-power-rankings-no-32-oakland-raiders-2/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, we're in the ballpark. Who else is potentially that bad right now, barring a collapse like Houston last year? Jacksonville? Cleveland? Buffalo? That's all I could think of. But they all have reasons to be better this year except Cleveland.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Sports had them #29.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I mean, we're in the ballpark. Who else is potentially that bad right now, barring a collapse like Houston last year? Jacksonville? Cleveland? Buffalo? That's all I could think of. But they all have reasons to be better this year except Cleveland.

THIS.

I mean come on we only beat jax, texans, pitt only game worth anything was sd.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

All these could be worse:

Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Redskins, Vikings, Lions and you might be able to add the Rams, Chiefs or Chargers or both.

To me there is so many teams that could go either way this year its impossible to rate the Raiders out of all of them the worst.

Also look at the Raiders positions:

Kicker: Can Jano possibly have a worse season then last? If so he'll be gone after this year.

Punter: King could have a worse season then last year; might be a position of worry.

SS: A healthy Branch could make this a strong position.

FS: Woodson is back and rookie Jonathan Dowling could be a draft steal.

CB: Rogers and Brown are way better then last years starters. Hayden, McGill and Carrie will give the position depth something it didn't have last season.

LB: The strongest position of the Raiders might be one of the best LB groups in the NFL.

DL: Allot deeper group then last season.

OL: Allot better overall all, and it is a deep position.

TE: Rivera had a pretty good rookie year even though he only started 3 games and a healthy Ausberry can add explosiveness to the position.

WR: Raiders finally add that VET presence to the group in Jones and the position is stacked.

FB: Reece need I say more.

RB: MJD and Run DMC will be fun to watch, plus Murray will be a player to watch.

QB: The only reason its questionable at the position is because the way Shaub played last year. Carr has been making noise already. Could end up being a strong position.

I understand rookies can make you worry, but they also could come right in and play lights out right out the gate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perfectly ok with this. I kinda wish all experts would rank us last. This way, there's no possible way we could disappoint anyone no matter how bad we do, because we're expected to be the worst. To go hand in hand with that, the only thing our team could do is impress and improve upon what we're expected to be. This is a win-win Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't blame anyone for having Raiders ranked #32. We are bad every year and now we have a brutal schedule. I disagree but I understand. This is probably the Raiders most important season in a long time. Dennis Allen is entering his 3rd season as Head Coach, we haven't had 1 HC last 3 full seasons since Jon Gruden. If DA can somehow pull this off and get to 8 wins, you gotta imagine things will start to get better. If not we will have another new HC and start all over again.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're terrible year after year, and are ranked as such year after year in preseason rankings. Yet everybody always complains about it. Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I'm like the human highlight reel even though I never play volleyball but that's beside the point.

#JDI
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has beef. We suck until proven otherwise. Why else would there be any reason to believe we won't be one of the worst teams in the league??

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

All these could be worse:

Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Redskins, Vikings, Lions and you might be able to add the Rams, Chiefs or Chargers or both.

LOL You're just being a homer and that's OK. That said, you're saying "COULD". Isn't there a chance the Raiders COULD be the worst team in the league? I certainly think so and so does your source. Would I put them as the worst team in the league? Nope but I can assure you we wouldn't be far off.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have an issue with it. I dont think it will be true though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Oakland had this team last year we go 8-8 or 7-9. The team is better but the schedule, especially on the back end, is brutal. The team is improved but we NEED guys to stay healthy which is impossible in the NFL.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/07/08/oakland-raiders-not-the-worst-team-in-the-nfl-in-2013-wont-be-in-2014-either/

Quote:
Mike Wilkening of Pro Football Talk kicked a bit of a hornet’s nest with his recent Preseason Power Rankings article. It seems that Wilkening doesn’t think too highly of the Oakland Raiders‘ efforts as he slotted them in the 32nd position – which, if you’re scoring at home, would make them the worst team in the NFL.

Based on what he states in his article, Wilkening believes that in 2014, the Raiders are going to finish behind teams like the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and other teams who finished with the same – or worse – records than Oakland did in 2013.

Needless to say, the Raider Nation was not amused.

While it might not be “lazy journalism,” as some have suggested, picking the Raiders to be the worst team in all of the NFL this season seems to be lacking something in the way of vision – or perhaps just common sense. It doesn’t help Wilkening’s case that his own analysis – such as it is – is riddled with inconsistencies, if not outright contradictions.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with being ranked 32nd. I know it sucks to see us last on the list, but would something like 27th really be much better? I mean, come on, a "good" ranking is an unrealistic aspiration for a team who just simply don't deserve to have one at this stage.

We'll just have to hope that we're one of the teams who make the pre-season Power Rankings look foolish, like ALWAYS happens. Every year a team will make the playoffs that some rankings guy said had no chance, and every year a team ranked in the top 10 will suck. These things aren't very important, so no reason to get bothered by it.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone said, we're in the conversation for worst team in the league until we prove otherwise.

Smack on the new sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: