Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JOSH GORDON ARRESTED AGAIN???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why Gordon's failed test in college put him in stage 1 in the NFL. Anyone know why? Please explain if so. I'm sure their is a reason, I just don't feel like looking it up so hoping someone knows off the top of their head why that is the case
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love even in his apology letter he even tried to 1 up the NFL. STFU dude. Seriously.

You tested positive for weed MULTIPLE times, a "Friend" had it in your car when you got caught speeding, you got pulled over and arrested for a DUI then had a convicted FELON bail you out of jail... but lets blame the NFL Drug Policy.

I agree the policy is stupid. But the NFLPA side agreed to that in the last CBA. Its not like the NFL is the one making this policy up. EVERYONE in the NFL has been held to the same standards when it comes to the drug policy.

Fighting this even further in the court system is likely only going to [inappropriate/removed] off the NFL and remember you are probably going to ask for reinstatement in January... they are the ones that can reinstate you. Just cut your losses man, you screwed up MANY MANY times. Even after you tested positive this last time, you STILL made bad decisions.

Unreal. If it was indeed second hand smoke, blame your bum friends, blame yourself for being around it, don't blame the policy. Blame yourself for being stupid enough to put yourself in those positions.

Your horrible decisions just set this team back. They out all their faith in you and you let them all down. Look in the mirror Josh. That's the dude to blame here; not anyone else.

/RANT

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I never understood why Gordon's failed test in college put him in stage 1 in the NFL. Anyone know why? Please explain if so. I'm sure their is a reason, I just don't feel like looking it up so hoping someone knows off the top of their head why that is the case

Probably because it happened more than once in college. Not sure but that's a good guess.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
I love even in his apology letter he even tried to 1 up the NFL. STFU dude. Seriously.

You tested positive for weed MULTIPLE times, a "Friend" had it in your car when you got caught speeding, you got pulled over and arrested for a DUI then had a convicted FELON bail you out of jail... but lets blame the NFL Drug Policy.

I agree the policy is stupid. But the NFLPA side agreed to that in the last CBA. Its not like the NFL is the one making this policy up. EVERYONE in the NFL has been held to the same standards when it comes to the drug policy.

Fighting this even further in the court system is likely only going to [inappropriate/removed] off the NFL and remember you are probably going to ask for reinstatement in January... they are the ones that can reinstate you. Just cut your losses man, you screwed up MANY MANY times. Even after you tested positive this last time, you STILL made bad decisions.

Unreal. If it was indeed second hand smoke, blame your bum friends, blame yourself for being around it, don't blame the policy. Blame yourself for being stupid enough to put yourself in those positions.

Your horrible decisions just set this team back. They out all their faith in you and you let them all down. Look in the mirror Josh. That's the dude to blame here; not anyone else.

/RANT

What if Josh hasn't smoked any weed since joining the league? This is his 1st positive test (out of 100 or more?) and according to when his previous test was this could almost be proven to be a second hand smoke positive test, like say he was tested 2 weeks earlier and it was clean. Just a what if.

What if his other positive test was really a result of a prescription cough syrup?

Just a what if.

Yes, he smoked weed in college, was tested positive multiple times. That is fact. It is also past transgressions.

What if Josh has taken no illegal drugs since he has been in the league? Just what if.

His career has been derailed by this. In the off chance that these what ifs are true he has been treated very unfairly.

The DUI, even though just barely over the legal limit, was wrong on his part and that is fact.

The rest (positive tests) are left to each of us to determine if we think he is guilty or not.

I sincerely hope he did drink the drank and smoke the weed because then yes, he brought this on himself. If he didn't, or if it was me and I didn't.... It wouldn't be pretty and I'd probably do something regretful.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

/RANT

He never tested positive for weed multiple times since joining the NFL. He tested positive for Codine, which he had a presciption for but failed to follow NFL policy about telling them BEFORE getting the script.

He was forced to enter into Stage 1 contingent upon him joining the NFL (Same thing with Honey Badger). Just like Pryor was able to be suspended in the NFL due to Tattoogate...

The issue is the reliability of the test is flawed. At such a low level there is a 10% or more chance of a false positive. Even the US Department of Labor states that the first test is very inaccurate and the second test must confirm a positive.

Also a chronic Weed user would have THC in their system for several weeks. A casual user 3-4 days. Passing 70 test and failing 1 by .1 could mean several things. 1.) Second hand smoke Ross Rebagliati had 17.6 ng/ml (more than Gordon) of THC in his system.

also there is this.

Quote:
Two days later, the International Olympic Committee stripped Rebagliati of his gold medal. Roughly 32 hours after that, the IOC gave it back. The rationale for the reversal was as stunning as the initial decision: Weed, as it turned out, wasn't on the IOC's banned substance list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1607611-ross-rebagliati-controversial-snowboarder-opens-weed-dispenary-embraces-past

Also look at the NFL's banned substance list.
http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

THC nor Cannibis is on the banned substance list. There is legal precedence here that the NFL blatantly refuses to acknowledge.

The reason for upholding the suspension, no matter how ridiculous it is, is the fact that the NFL wants HGH testing and the NFLPA doesn't. So the NFL holds the PA hostage with these absurdly low margins (that are scientifically flawed) and the PA agrees as long as they don't get HGH testing.

Look for the NFL to say that they will raise the limit to 150 ng/ml if the PA agrees to HGH testing. They won't because, I believe, you will see half the league suspended for HGH. So they make examples of the "Bad guy drug addicts" to win at the bargaining table. Meanwhile the personal conduct policy doesn't have the suspensions set in it so you can run someone over, stab them in the back, knock a woman out, do who knows what in the women's bathroom and get a slap on the wrist.

This is a power play by the NFL saying look we will suspend you for 15 ng/ml for weed, we will raise it but you have to agree to HGH testing. If you don't we will be happy to suspend players for substance abuse. Meanwhile go beat your wife/girlfriend, run someone over and we won't care.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

/RANT

Awesome. I can't wait to see how that plays out if the NFL would choose to refuse Gordon's suspension to end after the last game of the season because he sought due process and they were [inappropriate/removed] in the process. I'm pretty sure we all are granted due process, and if he wants to take it to court, or file a grievance, those are things he should be able to do.

Do I want him to do this? I have no idea. Part of me feels if it reaches external courts, they will rule in his favor, or get to a point where some rash settlement is made of this. However there is always that chance that the court system rules against him as the league did, then we lose the guy when we actually become relevant, or he ends up losing a large years salary instead of a smaller rookie deal year.

I'm glad you agree that the policy is stupid. The difference is you feel the need to continue to the policies and procedures where I don't. It doesn't make you wrong. Each person has the right to their own opinion. My opinion is just that, even though this is a "policy", there is nothing stating that exceptions cannot be made, that the policy must be followed strictly by the letter of the law and enforced as such. Call it bending the rules. call it making an exception, I don't care. The point I make is that the NFL has the ability to make the final decisions, and they easily could have said that a solid case was made, that their testing needs to be updated, and it doesn't have to be done after this penalty is handed down. This could have been the example used as to why its such a bad policy. This is an example of the NFL's execution of complete stubbornness, and their way to make yet another statement that they could care less what you, me, or anyone else things about how they run their league. That statement was clear when Goodell laid the law down with a two game suspension on Ray Rice. That statement was made when the masses were upset about the draft changing, then changing again to be in May. That statement was made with the ever changing rules in place. A league that's so willing to make change in areas that nobody else cares to see change made, refuses to change what really needs fixed.

Stallworth kills a man drunk driving and misses a year.

Leonard Little kills a woman drunk driving and misses 8 games

Ben Roethlisberger was twice accused of sexual assault of women, and his ultimate penalty was a 6 game suspension reduced down to four.

Ray Rice is suspended two games for a physical altercation with his Fiancee.

Please don't say "well these aren't collectively bargained so the commish has free reign over how to handle these situations". He does, and he did. He also has free reigns to make decisions on collectively bargained matters as well. Just as easy as he said no, he could have said yes, lets take the suspension off the table, lets come back with a better testing policy and move on from this.

So my apologies for looking the guy in the eye and saying "you're a -" because no matter how this is spun, he has a say in everything related with the league, and the man decided to slap Ray Rice on the wrist for physically harming a woman, and he decided to throw the book at Josh Gordon for "maybe" using a recreational drug.

It's BS policies and jerkwad's like Goodell that make us look at people like Gordon, Blackmon, Tanard Jackson and say "these guys are thugs, scum, and deserve what they got" and to look at people like Rice and say "he's a great man that beat his wife up one time".

To say the penalty is upheld because it was collectively bargained is a cheap refusal to explain why the decision was made, and a big door to hide behind when not explaining how it took you almost an entire month to decide whether you were going to go by the letter of the law or not. Gordon never stood a chance, yet he, the team, us, everyone was held captive for this long when the league made up its mind the minute his appeal hearing ended.

The fact that the league refused to relax its policy on separating the suspended player from his support group is another thing that shows the league gives two [inappropriate/removed] about actually helping players overcome these "severe addictions". They deem rec drug use as such a crippling thing that a player should be suspended a year for multiple violations, but they do the exact opposite of what they should do by banning those players from having contact with their support group. Give the team and the player the option for attending all meetings, for using facilities to train, to study, to stay with the support group, fine the player for the entire season but allow them to earn a minimum salary by staying close, keeping their nose (or urine) clean, and help these guys get back on the right track.

crap like this, in addition to the leagues decision to constantly change on field penalties give me the feeling that not too far in the future, there will be another holdout.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
zelbell wrote:
eligible for reinstatement after the 2014 season it sounds like, may be reinstated before Training Camp if the NFL sees progress through his drug tests and things of the like

as for now though, please go to rehab Josh, do it and get rid of all the distractions around you

IMO...if a man passes 70 drug tests over a whatever month period...and fails #71 by 1 nanogram.....Rehab is not needed in this case....

Truer and more accurate words were never spoken. All the people with the "addiction" comments have been clueless to this point, and know nothing about what addiction even is.

It's no an addiction problem, it is a behavior problem.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
zelbell wrote:
eligible for reinstatement after the 2014 season it sounds like, may be reinstated before Training Camp if the NFL sees progress through his drug tests and things of the like

as for now though, please go to rehab Josh, do it and get rid of all the distractions around you

IMO...if a man passes 70 drug tests over a whatever month period...and fails #71 by 1 nanogram.....Rehab is not needed in this case....
there's no telling what he's going to do now that he is suspended for an entire season, look at Blackmon, DUI and weed possession

if you want Josh to be able to be reinstated next year, his best option is to go to rehab and stay clean there

Another example.

Do you even know what rehab is and how it works??

duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
With Hoyer as QB, I am more excited to see how he involves these WR's that actually want to play the game and help the team win. Benjamin, Hawkins, Gabriel, Austin, Snead, Cameron all have some unique skills for given contexts and all have something to prove.

I would not be surprised if the offense actually performs better without Gordon due to improved cohesion and spreading the targets around.

More deep balls to Austin, Cameron, and Benjamin.

please get back on your meds

duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Tully305 wrote:
I'm glad I can tell my baby daughter one day that her being hit is not as serious as someone smoking a plant that grows out of the ground.

well.. getting caught smoking a plant that grows out of the ground 3 times. such is the state of affairs in the USA.

anyway i'm pissed we didn't draft a WR knowing that this outcome was a real possibility. the FA pickups of Austin, Hawkins, and Burleson were OK but i think the Browns should've had a better backup plan. neither Hoyer or Manziel have anything special to work with except JCam and teams are gonna gameplan around him after his breakout last year. here's to hoping C Johnson or Snead work out - they'll get lots of snaps tomorrow but i won't be able to watch

A rookie WR wouldn't do much to help this team...

Watkins could have. he was there for the taking at 4 but we didn;t pull the trigger, like every other years draft it seems. i really hope Gilbert works out but still scratching my head over that one

You wont be scratching your head when Gilbert and whoever we take with the Bills surefire top 10 pick next year are both making probowls. It was a great trade.

H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
With Hoyer as QB, I am more excited to see how he involves these WR's that actually want to play the game and help the team win. Benjamin, Hawkins, Gabriel, Austin, Snead, Cameron all have some unique skills for given contexts and all have something to prove.

I would not be surprised if the offense actually performs better without Gordon due to improved cohesion and spreading the targets around.

More deep balls to Austin, Cameron, and Benjamin.

What "unique" skills are these you speak of? Benjamin has speed and questionable hands. He is probably the one reason why we don't inquire about a player like Stephen Hill. Hawkins will no doubt be a good slot receiver for us, unless he doesn't. The last time I was this convinced we found our slot player was Davone Bess...look how that turned out. Gabriel has shown nothing other than he can play against guys that won't be playing in games when it matters. Austins uniqueness about himself is "i wonder what injury he will face next". Snead has shown nothing other than he has honey badger colored hair and catches balls worse than honey badger himself.

And elaborate on the "more deep balls to Austin, Cameron and Benjamin" please. Seeing as we haven't thrown any deep passes at all this preseason.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am annoyed with the process, but not remotely surprised by the outcome. Josh SHOULD have been suspended for the year based on the rules.

The rules are stupid, but they are the rules. The ridiculous rules on weed in the NFL are the biggest joke of jokes in history, but they are the rules.

I am incredibly upset, but I cant sit here and bad mouth the NFLs decision, just bad mouthing how long it took and how stupid they looked in the process.

It's also incredibly ironic because I GUARANTEE YOU in about 5-10 years Marijuana will not only be legal everywhere(and not banned by the NFL), but it will be ENCOURAGED by the NFL and league doctors rather than the harsher and more addictive painkillers in use right now.

I will cry tears in my drink this saturday at my buddies party, and will poor one out for my lost homey Josh Gordon. Hopefully I see ya halfway through 2015 bud.

H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Well, I am annoyed with the process, but not remotely surprised by the outcome. Josh SHOULD have been suspended for the year based on the rules.

The rules are stupid, but they are the rules. The ridiculous rules on weed in the NFL are the biggest joke of jokes in history, but they are the rules.

I am incredibly upset, but I cant sit here and bad mouth the NFLs decision, just bad mouthing how long it took and how stupid they looked in the process.

It's also incredibly ironic because I GUARANTEE YOU in about 5-10 years Marijuana will not only be legal everywhere(and not banned by the NFL), but it will be ENCOURAGED by the NFL and league doctors rather than the harsher and more addictive painkillers in use right now.

I will cry tears in my drink this saturday at my buddies party, and will poor one out for my lost homey Josh Gordon. Hopefully I see ya halfway through 2015 bud.

i respect your opinion. however for me, when the league (commissioner Goodell) has the freedom to elect to alter the punishment handed down to Gordon, yet chooses to give him the maximum penalty per the policy, and has that SAME ability to lay down the law to something that the entire world other than India and third world countries where stealing bread is a major crime but marrying a man you love gets you stoned (no pun intended) and the father gets no punishment for it, because its just acceptable (sorry for the rant and farfetched relation of the situations), when Rice did what he did, and CHOSE to be lenient because the guy had no previous history of this. Thank God that Ray Rice never knowingly beat a woman up before. Where's the urine test to prove if this is true or not???

The fact that they used the CBA to uphold a penalty that is outdated and far too harsh, and used the lack of definition in the CBA to minimize the penalty Rice faced will be something that I will forever hold against the man and the league. The fact that there is a clear refusal of common sense when making determinations in matters like this will be something that I will never understand. The NFL's bible says it's a sin, so it's a sin.

The fact that the NFL and even the Browns aren't doing anything to explain the the mass of [inappropriate/removed] that this whole "if the dude could just stop smoking" is completely out of context is absurd as well. The guy was forced into the 1st stage of the program due to crap that happened before he was even a member of the league. That seems like BS in the first place.
Was placed into stage 2 of the program for codene in medicine he took without prior approval (another issue that the NFL fails to acknowledge, they prefer to lump everything into one big window to confuse all, so if you're gonna smoke weed, might as well do a line while you're at it, the penalty is all the same).
Hit stage 3 when he failed his first test for marijuana while in the NFL. you all know the test results.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Probably because it happened more than once in college. Not sure but that's a good guess.

The problem with that is they are in no official way linked to each other.

So to me that is strange that he came in with one strike.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers office phone number. 2124502027

Give him a call and leave a message. Not joking that's his number

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: