Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JOSH GORDON ARRESTED AGAIN???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant blame anyone but Josh for this
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Is anyone else concerned over this portion of Gordon's statement:
Quote:
I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn’t exercise better discretion and judgement in my case.

Maybe he should have said "different discretion" instead of basically that the NFL got it wrong. I know we're all ripping Goodell and Henderson, but in his official statement he should have been more diplomatic.

No reason. If the NFL wanted to go easy on Gordon, with it being possible that it was 2nd hand smoke, it would have been extremely easy. They chose not to. Maybe because of the person, maybe because of the team. Whichever they are not on Gordon's side in this and there is no reason for him to to kiss the NFL's butt after they have already given him the max suspension possible.

It's like getting the death penalty and kissing the judge's butt. Screw that, I'm likely getting torn apart in that court room trying to attack/escape with every fiber of my being. What are they going to do? Execute me twice?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn’t exercise better discretion and judgement in my case.

Maybe he should have said "different discretion" instead of basically that the NFL got it wrong. I know we're all ripping Goodell and Henderson, but in his official statement he should have been more diplomatic.

No reason. If the NFL wanted to go easy on Gordon, with it being possible that it was 2nd hand smoke, it would have been extremely easy. They chose not to. Maybe because of the person, maybe because of the team. Whichever they are not on Gordon's side in this and there is no reason for him to to kiss the NFL's butt after they have already given him the max suspension possible.

It's like getting the death penalty and kissing the judge's butt. Screw that, I'm likely getting torn apart in that court room trying to attack/escape with every fiber of my being. What are they going to do? Execute me twice?

Only concerned because it shows lack of accountability again. Yes the NFL screwed the team by waiting so long, but this is 100% Josh's fault. The NFL had no reason to need to show him mercy. The guy hasn't stopped breaking the rules.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:

Only concerned because it shows lack of accountability again. Yes the NFL screwed the team by waiting so long, but this is 100% Josh's fault. The NFL had no reason to need to show him mercy. The guy hasn't stopped breaking the rules.

except for saying they wouldnt bust anyone for second hand smoke when ratifying the latest CBA

it is very unlikely he smoked marijuana, as he would have popped way higher over the 15 ng/ml.

its alright though ive had this conversation too many times that i just concede

that being said its likely going to go to court, i dont think this saga is over.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:

What if?

Gordon's positive test for Codeine was from his prescribed cough syrup?

What if?

Gordon's positive test for marijuana was actually from 2nd hand smoke?

What if Gordon has actually been completely clean his entire NFL career? It is possible.
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#bettercallsaul.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

What if?

Gordon's positive test for Codeine was from his prescribed cough syrup?

What if?

Gordon's positive test for marijuana was actually from 2nd hand smoke?

What if Gordon has actually been completely clean his entire NFL career? It is possible.

No way. Josh Gordon has a Weed tattoo. Is that a second hand tattoo? Sorry, Im just not buying it.

With that said, the NFL's marijuana policy is archaic and looks beyond asinine when placed next to something like the Ray Rice ruling. To me, Gordon should not be prohibited from earning a living for choosing to use a substance that does nothing to enhance his game play. The NFL is short sighted on this issue, and is on the wrong side of history on this issue. It also is robbing a stellar player from a career that would, in the end, benefit the league. Its truly shameful and I feel bad for Browns fans that wont get to see this amazing player play over such a stupid reason. I feel robbed and I am not a Browns fan. You guys deserve some elite players and reason for hope.

My two cents. All the best on this season.

Last edited by Mercury22 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True story, in Middle School (In Virginia) I was pulled aside by a teacher and asked if my shirt was a drug reference

I was wearing a shirt with a buckeye leaf

Anyone want to estimate the number of Ray Rice related signs that are confiscated from Browns fans week 3?
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the issue with Ohio Law. It is way too vague

Quote:
(A) The initial drug testing protocol for state employees and applicants for state employment shall use an assay technique which meets federal department of health and human services requirements. Drug classes and cutoff levels be those established by the federal department of health and human services

(B) Initial test methodology and test levels for other drugs shall be added to the testing protocol as deemed necessary by the director of the department of administrative services or as required by federal law.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/123:1-76-04

Here is the issue are they talking about employees for the state of ohio? Or are they talking about all employees within the state of ohio?

If this is talking about only employees for the state of Ohio then the question is do these supersede ohio law?

federal Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991

However there is this.

Quote:
The cutoff levels shall be those established by the federal department of health and human services.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/123%3A1-76

The main issue is the quote. This is from the federal government's testing criteria.

Quote:
Initial Screen: The first analysis done on a sample is called an initial screen. This one test alone is not always accurate or reliable; there is a possibility of a false positive. Thus, in the event that the initial screen is positive, a second confirmatory test should be done.

Confirmation Test: A second, confirmation test (by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry or GC/MS) is highly accurate and provides specificity to help rule out any false positives (mistakes) from the initial screen. For a test result to be reported as positive, the initial screen and confirmation test results must agree.

In the event that the initial screen and confirmation test are both positive, MRO, a licensed medical doctor who has special training in the area of substance abuse, then reviews the results, makes sure the chain-of-custody procedures were followed, and contacts the individual to make sure there are no medical or other reasons for the result. It is only at this point that the MRO may report a positive test result to the employer. Certain medications can sometimes cause a positive result. If this is the case, and a doctor prescribed the medicine and the employee used it in the proper amount, the test is reported as negative.

http://www.datia.org/datia-resources/27-credentialing/cpc-and-cpct/931-workplace-drug-testing.html

Can a CBA ignore federal regulations?

Forgot this. How long can a drug stay in the system?
Quote:
Marijuana – casual use, 3-4 days; chronic use, several weeks

http://www.datia.org/datia-resources/27-credentialing/cpc-and-cpct/931-workplace-drug-testing.html

If Josh is a chronic user how can he pass (on average 1 test every 3-4 days) 70 tests and fail 1 at .1 ng/ml above the limit?
Tully305

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I can tell my baby daughter one day that her being hit is not as serious as someone smoking a plant that grows out of the ground.
fatpig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
I'm glad I can tell my baby daughter one day that her being hit is not as serious as someone smoking a plant that grows out of the ground.

well.. getting caught smoking a plant that grows out of the ground 3 times. such is the state of affairs in the USA.

anyway i'm pissed we didn't draft a WR knowing that this outcome was a real possibility. the FA pickups of Austin, Hawkins, and Burleson were OK but i think the Browns should've had a better backup plan. neither Hoyer or Manziel have anything special to work with except JCam and teams are gonna gameplan around him after his breakout last year. here's to hoping C Johnson or Snead work out - they'll get lots of snaps tomorrow but i won't be able to watch
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
Tully305 wrote:

well.. getting caught smoking a plant that grows out of the ground 3 times. such is the state of affairs in the USA.

anyway i'm pissed we didn't draft a WR knowing that this outcome was a real possibility. the FA pickups of Austin, Hawkins, and Burleson were OK but i think the Browns should've had a better backup plan. neither Hoyer or Manziel have anything special to work with except JCam and teams are gonna gameplan around him after his breakout last year. here's to hoping C Johnson or Snead work out - they'll get lots of snaps tomorrow but i won't be able to watch

A rookie WR wouldn't do much to help this team...
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
Tully305 wrote:

I'm glad we stuck to our Board in the draft. It will pay off in years to come. What is one more bad season for good results after that?

I'm sure with our first and/or the bills first we will grab a WR.

The way this is looking we are going to have two top ten picks maybe even two top five as the bills look bad as well

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
fatpig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Tully305 wrote:

A rookie WR wouldn't do much to help this team...

Watkins could have. he was there for the taking at 4 but we didn;t pull the trigger, like every other years draft it seems. i really hope Gilbert works out but still scratching my head over that one

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: