Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank Da D #6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the next best defender on this team?
Tramon Williams
77%
 77%  [ 37 ]
Mike Neal
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Jarrett Bush
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Micah Hyde
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
AJ Hawk
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Rank Da D #6 Reply with quote

1) Clay Matthews

2) Sam Shields

3) Julius Peppers

4) Mike Daniels

5) Casey Hayward

The top six or so shouldn't be changing that much IMO by the end of the season. Maybe there is some mix up there, just like the bottom couple should most likely be Brad Jones, and maybe a couple of other guys.

I guess I should have explained it better, it should look mostly like who was the best last year, which is tough to do anyways with the injuries, mixed in with where you see the new talent landing. Peppers could/should be a top four-six guy on this D.

Always has to be a but though, right? But if it is too cut and dry then there is no room for debate which is kind of the point of a forum right?

So long story longer, the top six or so should be guys that we are bragging when the "experts" in NFL gen say that we have no talent on D. The next group should be the up and comers, and pretty much 100% opinion because we have no idea how good they are going to be. Then its the carp fish, the bottom feeders that you want off the team as soon as possible. Every team has them and IMO that should be the threads in NFL gen to determine who is good and who isn't. "List your crap and the guys you have wanting to break out".

At the end of the day, you cannot be wrong and I was just hoping to spark some good discussion in the long drought of no sports right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Jarrett Bush. Nice one.
It's Tramon. Poor AJ's still in the Green Room since these polls began. Sad
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have 2 db's in the top 5 when they fully rely on the front 7? Doesn't make sense to me. Also Raji is going to be a key component to success.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Why do we have 2 db's in the top 5 when they fully rely on the front 7? Doesn't make sense to me. Also Raji is going to be a key component to success.

because our DBs are better players than our other front 7 guys
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

I suspect Raji will look like his old self now that he's back at NT.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

Your optimism is misplaced

Signed,

The Biggest Raji Fan On This Site
the combined record of Brady, Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Staubach, Jim Kelly, Phil Simms, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Ben Roethlisberger when their defenses have given up 37 or more points? It's 0-24.
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

What if it's his old not that impressive 2011 at NT self?
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

That is highly debatable, especially at the S position.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:

Completely agree that Raji needs to be a key component to this teams success. Unless we give more 2-4 looks with two pass rushing interior guys...

Raji had a rough year though, and this isn't who we need to be top players...it is where we would rank them. Raji would possibly be in my next two though. (for what it's worth)

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Alright we are at the slow part of the off-season so I figured lets get some talkers going.

Rank the Packers defense in order of importance, meaning that if player 12 goes down we are NOT using it as excuse at the end of the year as to why we lost, but player one we can use as a reason why we lost. Rank them in order of who is playing well and in turn is going make our defense good.

There should be no debate as to who is the most important to us on defense.

1) Clay Matthews III

But who is number two. Vote on the poll and if someone is not there that you should feel should be there, post them and say why. LETS GO!!!

I guess I lost track of the point of these polls. The first two were the most IMPORTANT and then somehow I guess we were voting the BEST defender...and there is a huge difference between the two.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Alright we are at the slow part of the off-season so I figured lets get some talkers going.

Rank the Packers defense in order of importance, meaning that if player 12 goes down we are NOT using it as excuse at the end of the year as to why we lost, but player one we can use as a reason why we lost. Rank them in order of who is playing well and in turn is going make our defense good.

1) Clay Matthews III

But who is number two. Vote on the poll and if someone is not there that you should feel should be there, post them and say why. LETS GO!!!

I guess I lost track of the point of these polls. The first two were the most IMPORTANT and then somehow I guess we were voting the BEST defender...and there is a huge difference between the two.

Whoops, not the end of the world. But IMO your best defender should be the most important defender on the team.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

1) Clay Matthews III

We all failed.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk gets FOUR votes to Tramon's 34. My faith in humanity is restored. Wink
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

1) Clay Matthews III

Whoops, not the end of the world. But IMO your best defender should be the most important defender on the team.

True to an extent but as we both probably know different positions carry variable "importances" in football. For example, OLB is a far more important position than ILB, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

That is highly debatable, especially at the S position.

Obviously when I said "our db's" I was referring to the ones that made the list so the S position is irrelevant. Shields, Hayward, and Tramon are better football players than most of our front 7 which is why they all got voted for. You can highly debate that if you want but a lot of people wont agree. I think maybe we were mixed up between important or better. I was going off which players are better which is what most people were voting for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: