Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ike Taylor "Pissed" About Paycut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Ike Taylor "Pissed" About Paycut Reply with quote

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/6/30/5858362/steelers-ike-taylor-pay-cut-contract-2014-jim-rome-comments

Turn on the tape of the 2014 season, he was terrible, at times it looked like he does not belong in the NFL. And you are mad? You are lucky to still be there, the only reason for that is there is no one waiting in the wings, or was available in the draft, that could have stepped in and made him expendable.

I am pissed he is still drawing a check. Rolling Eyes

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of his problems were safety related but he certainly was not worth 7 million. Hopefully this lights a fire and he earns his nearly 3 million this year and we can replace him next year while someone else overpays him for his last contract.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was the 2014 season?

He signed the contract... he didn't earn what he was making... be mad all you want but its on you there buddy. Prove you deserve more on the field!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Rygar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say that I was pissed about the way he played in 2013, and that he's lucky to even have a roster spot now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the context of the interview, I'm glad he is pissed. Maybe tll motivate him to play better in 2014

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retracting this post since I made it in haste.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Poor wittle Ike.

If it were up to me, he wouldnt even be on the team right now.

Deal with it, Ike. You wouldnt even be on the team right now if not for that paycut, and if you landed on another roster, might be making less than you are now.

Kind of surprised this stuff came from you - as one of the more neutral people when it comes to players talking and the articles written about them.

Cant see how he is whining. He should be pissed he played so poorly he got asked by his team to take less. He even talks in this article how he has seen guys move on and be unsuccessful - and he didnt want that.

At no point during his quote is he complaining or cry about his situation. Sounds like he is more or less motivating himself. Hopefully he carries that chip on his shoulder that he was that close to being cut off from his city.

I expect the safety play to have a LOT to do with it, and im definitely saying he has some sort of miracle come back season.... but i do expect to see a different Ike next season.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what this particular article says, but Ike specifically said he was angry at the team for asking him. He said of all the guys, why Ike. He talked about his loyalty and being a team first guy etc. How he's always done more than required (showing up to camp in shape unlike...certain players who play themselves into shape ie Woodley).

He claims he was hurt much of last year, as well. Hopefully he was. The safety play was terrible, but Ike was all over the map within individual games.

If he was cut, he'd be making near vet min anywhere else. Frankly, the 2.5m he's getting now is a result of the Steelers being too sentimental. I think he can rebound and be a bargain still, but his career is near the end.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous comments. He should be fortunate that he ripped off the Steelers for what he got for being absolutely brutal in '13. Gee, I guess that we should be happy that he came to camp in condition. Too bad that didn't translate onto the field. First of all he said he was happy he stayed with the Steelers then in this interview he whined. I never feel sorry for athletes who get paid that much while being not nearly worth that. Excuses aside Taylor was one of the worst CB's in the league last season and he wonders why the organization asked him to take a pay cut? Please.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Poor wittle Ike.

If it were up to me, he wouldnt even be on the team right now.

Deal with it, Ike. You wouldnt even be on the team right now if not for that paycut, and if you landed on another roster, might be making less than you are now.

Kind of surprised this stuff came from you - as one of the more neutral people when it comes to players talking and the articles written about them.

Cant see how he is whining. He should be pissed he played so poorly he got asked by his team to take less. He even talks in this article how he has seen guys move on and be unsuccessful - and he didnt want that.

At no point during his quote is he complaining or cry about his situation. Sounds like he is more or less motivating himself. Hopefully he carries that chip on his shoulder that he was that close to being cut off from his city.

I expect the safety play to have a LOT to do with it, and im definitely saying he has some sort of miracle come back season.... but i do expect to see a different Ike next season.

See....Ill gladly admit I am wrong in this case.

I was at work when I posted that and admittedly just read the title and some of the reactions....and assumed he was crying because they took away his money that he didnt really earn.

Like I said before...thats why you should never just comment on the title without any context. Even I am guilty of it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
torch1980

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ike Taylor is a decent cover corner but his hands suck, he dropped tons of easy ints in his career...so maybe this will motivate him to get more ints this season coming up...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if he is pissed enough to not play poorly on purpose? Any chance?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

....what?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
3rivers wrote:

....what?

yeah, I was lost too
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
3rivers wrote:

....what?

yeah, I was lost too

oops, I meant what if he was pissed enough to play poorly on purpose, as in just not really care and collect his paycheck. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: