Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd best player on defense in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Next best player
Tramon Williams
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Mike Daniels
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
BJ Raji
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Julius Peppers
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

Frank-O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with Raji. A dominant NT in the 3-4 is key. Now getting Raji back to perform like a top notch NT is the question. I think if he can, our dline will be a force.

Next...peppers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
I don't understand Peppers over Daniels. Daniels was a better player last year and should be in line for even more opportunity this coming year while Peppers is another year older and pretty much learning a new position and a new playbook.

And is a genetic freak and a once in a decade talent, Daniels is a short, explosive bull rusher who while effective is not an elite talent. Pretty easy to me, Peppers.

So is Randy Moss but that doesn't mean he'd be the best player on our offense this year. Maybe Peppers isn't done but he sure looked to be trending quickly downwards last year.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
I don't understand Peppers over Daniels. Daniels was a better player last year and should be in line for even more opportunity this coming year while Peppers is another year older and pretty much learning a new position and a new playbook.

And is a genetic freak and a once in a decade talent, Daniels is a short, explosive bull rusher who while effective is not an elite talent. Pretty easy to me, Peppers.

So is Randy Moss but that doesn't mean he'd be the best player on our offense this year. Maybe Peppers isn't done but he sure looked to be trending quickly downwards last year.

Maybe Peppers was not as dominant last year as previous years, but the Bears defense was also bad and who knows how that contributed to the perception Peppers has a down or even bad year.

Peppers last year - at 7.5 sacks would have tied Clay for the team lead. He had more tackles as a DL than any Packer DL last year and only Mike Neal at OLB had a few more tackles. Peppers had more tackles than Clay did last year but for obvious reasons. Putting Peppers in positions to make plays this year could be extremely fun to watch, especially if Clay can stay healthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: