Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Position Outlook Thread and Discussion:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
As of now it seems like Holmes is our 3rd WR. He bypassed DMoore.
I can see JJ in the slot in the 3 WR sets with Rod and Holmes outside. Jones run good routes and have reliable hands so could perform in the slot while Holmes and Rod would be nice tall targets to Schaub. He could throw nice jump ball to them on the sidelines...
Moore as the 4th WR flying from the inside with #4 DB on him should offer nice big play ability...

I can't wait to see 6'3 Rod on 5'9 Flowers and 6'4 Holmes on 5'9 Verrett on the outsides after we brought That S down with the running game Wink

Jones rarely played slot WR for the Packers, would be a surprise if we turned him into a a slot receiver at this stage of his career.
#clueless
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
As of now it seems like Holmes is our 3rd WR. He bypassed DMoore.
I can see JJ in the slot in the 3 WR sets with Rod and Holmes outside. Jones run good routes and have reliable hands so could perform in the slot while Holmes and Rod would be nice tall targets to Schaub. He could throw nice jump ball to them on the sidelines...
Moore as the 4th WR flying from the inside with #4 DB on him should offer nice big play ability...

I can't wait to see 6'3 Rod on 5'9 Flowers and 6'4 Holmes on 5'9 Verrett on the outsides after we brought That S down with the running game Wink

Jones rarely played slot WR for the Packers, would be a surprise if we turned him into a a slot receiver at this stage of his career.

I would not turn him into a slot WR, but would like to see him there occasionally.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely related but we may have our answer to covering julius thomas, gronk, jason kelce, ladarius green etc.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/04/secret-superstar-tyvon-branch-ss-oakland-raiders/

This defense is gonna be something...
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Not entirely related but we may have our answer to covering julius thomas, gronk, jason kelce, ladarius green etc.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/04/secret-superstar-tyvon-branch-ss-oakland-raiders/

2 year old article man...would be sweet to see him actually play some before crowning him...
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

2 year old article man...would be sweet to see him actually play some before crowning him...

Shut down gronk though Shocked
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Jano has been one of my biggest worries going into this season. He really put us in bad spots all year in 2013.

So last year some people said Jano was just not playing well and its on him(including me) and some people said it's Kings fault for poor holding. Well according to Jano seems like its kind of both. King didnt have poor holds and Jano was having his own issues. Apparently he has had different issues come up all the time and Lechler used to just move the ball around to overcorrect for whatever weakness Jano was dealing with. Begs the question for me if Jano has ever really improved at anything or just always had someone else making him look good. I love Jano but he ticked me off last season. He is too old to learn a new way now so really it is up to King to became his safety crutch it would seem. Hopefully we will see Jano and King working more at training camp.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Raiders-kicker-Sebastian-Janikowski-works-to-5634581.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Interesting. Jano has been one of my biggest worries going into this season. He really put us in bad spots all year in 2013.

So last year some people said Jano was just not playing well and its on him(including me) and some people said it's Kings fault for poor holding. Well according to Jano seems like its kind of both. King didnt have poor holds and Jano was having his own issues. Apparently he has had different issues come up all the time and Lechler used to just move the ball around to overcorrect for whatever weakness Jano was dealing with. Begs the question for me if Jano has ever really improved at anything or just always had someone else making him look good. I love Jano but he ticked me off last season. He is too old to learn a new way now so really it is up to King to became his safety crutch it would seem. Hopefully we will see Jano and King working more at training camp.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Raiders-kicker-Sebastian-Janikowski-works-to-5634581.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

Smh lol atleast he came back early to work on things. He is on the hot seat imo

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Yep Raiders should have got a rookie Kicker late in the draft then Redshirt him a year just in case Jano stinks it up this year.

Kind of like what they did with King.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Yep Raiders should have got a rookie Kicker late in the draft then Redshirt him a year just in case Jano stinks it up this year.

Granted, you just can't draft a kicker to draft a kicker. King was an absolute steal but he doesn't the intangibles of a HoF punter of Lechler's ilk. I don't know if King can learn what Lechler does through experience or whether Lechler was ever willing to share (maybe in the future if they had a good rapport).
Kickers are like a fraternity and Jano and Lechler were together so long I'm unsure whether Jano can get past their unfamiliarity with each other as they seemed to be lacking chemistry. If not the Raiders should try to find a new pair that can work together.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Granted, you just can't draft a kicker to draft a kicker. King was an absolute steal but he doesn't the intangibles of a HoF punter of Lechler's ilk. I don't know if King can learn what Lechler does through experience or whether Lechler was ever willing to share (maybe in the future if they had a good rapport).
Kickers are like a fraternity and Jano and Lechler were together so long I'm unsure whether Jano can get past their unfamiliarity with each other as they seemed to be lacking chemistry. If not the Raiders should try to find a new pair that can work together.

YOU GET PAID A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR TO KICK A BALL!
KICK THE BALL!!!
You don't have to date the holder.
But, if the ball is reasonably upright and stable when and where it is supposed to be then just KICK THE BALL!

I really love our kicker, and I'm glad that he is taking responsibility for the misses last year, but let's not pretend this is rocket science or that you can only kick if yours and you holders astrological signs work together...

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: