Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VIII!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
This thread has been very quiet recently. Up here in Minnesota, spring came early, about 2 months early that is. Most of our snow is gone. That didnt happen last year until the middle of June

Ya, us Texans want the warmth. I just wish we had a normal Spring where it's like 70's for a month or so.

The end of March/the beginning of April is when I should hopefully land my first teaching job for next school year!

damn, we had one day of 60s, then a bunch of days in the low 50s/upper 40s. Typically its in the low 30s this time of year. Our last freeze will be sometime in June

How's the post grad life/job going?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
This thread has been very quiet recently. Up here in Minnesota, spring came early, about 2 months early that is. Most of our snow is gone. That didnt happen last year until the middle of June

Ya, us Texans want the warmth. I just wish we had a normal Spring where it's like 70's for a month or so.

The end of March/the beginning of April is when I should hopefully land my first teaching job for next school year!

damn, we had one day of 60s, then a bunch of days in the low 50s/upper 40s. Typically its in the low 30s this time of year. Our last freeze will be sometime in June

Its a lot of work and tough but its really cool. We will be certified, producing and delivering jets by the end of the year. Itll be a pretty cool day when that finally happens. I really like Minnesota and up north here, its really awesome. If you like hunting, fishing, hiking, climbing or just being outside, youll love it here. Most people dont give it a chance, but those who do, will never leave.

Hows everything with you?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Its a lot of work and tough but its really cool. We will be certified, producing and delivering jets by the end of the year. Itll be a pretty cool day when that finally happens. I really like Minnesota and up north here, its really awesome. If you like hunting, fishing, hiking, climbing or just being outside, youll love it here. Most people dont give it a chance, but those who do, will never leave.

Sounds like I need to take a camping trip out there during spring break one year!

Pretty good, post grad life has it's pros and cons. I'm subbing right now, cause there weren't many openings on my side of Houston mid year. Starting the end of March and through April are all the district job fairs, so hopefully Ill land something soon.

Grasspike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Drew says this but he only goes outside to run (and that's only when the snow melts).

Sig by matthouston91
texandominance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Drew says this but he only goes outside to run (and that's only when the snow melts).

I'll run through the hiking trails, so that counts a hiking, right?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Being from Houston I had never seen more than flurry's, but at SFA we got an inch occasionally. So some friends and I went to Colorado for Spring Break last year, and I finally got to experience real snow, a lot of it. Well after an afternoon of snowball fights and igloo building, I had enough fun to make up for the 25 years I went without it. I don't know how yous guys in the north handle that all winter, every year!

amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I have been crazy busy the last few months. With draft day upon us, I will have to catch up and post all my thoughts Wink
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout them Rockets!

jch1911

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
How bout them Rockets!

YES! Stayed up (with a crying newborn) and watched that amazing comeback... really thought it was over when Howard got that flagrant foul against Giffin
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
How bout them Rockets!

YES! Stayed up (with a crying newborn) and watched that amazing comeback... really thought it was over when Howard got that flagrant foul against Giffin

Ya I went to bed after how the 2nd half started. I was in awe this morning when I heard.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Rockets and Rockets fans on an amazing series. It's hard to believe that it has been 20 years since the 93-94 & 94-95 championships. I know I rag on Houston fans a lot, but 94 & 95 were probably the two most amazing seasons of my sport fan life. Part of it was a life-stage thing as I was just out of college, living with best friends, had access to a luxury box with free booze nearly every game, and living in the thick of Houston nightlife which was centered on the Richmond strip at the time. Remember this era coincided with the Oilers post-Bills & Chiefs collapses, subsequent fire sale breakup and Bud's posturing for the move. It's crazy to think of now, but the Rockets were so popular and Oilers so hated that the flagship KTRH would dump out of Oilers play by play to go to early season Rockets pre-game show.

Don't let anyone EVER minimize these championships with the "Jordan hiatus" argument as Jordan was back from baseball (aka suspension) in 95 but they got beaten by a superior team with Shaq/Penny's Majic who were then completely crushed by the Hakeem/Drexler/Kenny Smith/Cassell/Horry/Elie Rockets. I maintain the post-Drexler trade Rockets were one of the greatest teams ever assembled as they beat 3 other finals quality teams in Stockton/Malone Jazz, Barkley Suns, Robinson Spurs, before SWEEPING the Majic. That team would have easily throttled the Bulls even with an in-shape/sober/non gambling MJ, as the Rockets regularly shut down the pre-Rodman/Kukoc Bulls as Hakeem vs. Luc Longely/Horace Grant was a joke and Cassell/Smith/Maxwell/Drexler/Elie/Brooks were amongst the best defensive guards around regularly holding Jordan far below his average.

Although the 94 team didn't have the same star power, they were truly a team of destiny with Hakeem as the best player on the universe and the team getting off to an insane 15-0, 22-1 start. You're going to see plenty about the Suns series as it's where we got the Clutch City nickname in response to coming back from a 3-1 deficit after a Chronicle "Choke City" headline. The momentum after that comeback was unstoppable as we throttled our nemesis Jazz 4-1 and although it was a thrilling series, there was no denying the Rockets wouldn't be stopped at home winning games 6 & 7 against the Knicks to bring Houston it's first Championship ever. It's been far too long since Houston got itself a parade for actually WINNING something.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hakeem STILL doesn't get enough credit for his dominance in this era as Jordan may have had the better career having been surrounded by much more talented cast (especially in 3-peat #2), but in addition to being every bit as clutch as Jordan was, Hakeem was unquestionably the best defensive player in the game and regularly dominated in the best era of big men ever including Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Mutumbo, as well as Malone, Barkley, and Rodman. People often forget about PF Otis Thorpe who was at his All-Star peak as well so the Rockets would kill you inside then barrage with 3 pointers from sharpshooters with Rudy-T's system WAY before it's time.

The Rockets could have just as easily been a "dynasty" had we played in the East instead of the West as the Peyton/Kemp Sonics were our kryptonite and took out several great Rockets teams and the Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, and early and late era Lakers were ALL teams with dynastic qualities in this era while once the Pistons got old, Jordan's cakewalks to the finals were against teams like the Cavs, Pacers, Magic, and Heat that would have been first round outs in the West. Jordan was the greatest player of all-time, but don't dismiss the unholy Jordan/Stern alliance that was always there as a fallback if anything stood in the way of the billions Jordan's Championship runs were making for the league. If Hakeem had gotten 1/10th the "liberties and protection" Jordan did, I have little doubt Hakeem would have at least 2 more rings on his fingers, but Hakeem just wasn't as marketable as other players in the era and took swallowed-whistle beatings in series today's pampered stars couldn't fathom.

The NBA "lost me" in the early 2000's with the rise of the Iverson type street play/attitude and further clear evidence of League Office contrived results orchestrated by Stern and his referee cohorts that went FAR beyond Donaghy being offered up as fall guy in 2007. I like Lebron and respect the way the Spurs play team ball, but the Lakers/Celtics/Heat scripts seemed as contrived as previous era's with the league just finding new ways to "legally" force feed stars and ratings driven matchups.

This is the first season since the late 90's that I've really paid much attention to since then, particularly since teams like the Hawks, Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs that don't fit the League's scripted ideal actually have a chance. I hope you young Rockets fans enjoy this run that hopefully gives Houston a much needed run in the sun with the Astros revival and Texans hopefully taking another step forward this year.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Apollo.

Western Conference Finals start tonight!

canyon1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone is safe from the flood waters been up all night dealing with evacuations on llamar.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 20 miles north of downtown, not to much flooding up here except for the San Jacinto. That storm was no joke last night though. My room was illuminated all night with lightening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: