You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) at Lions (9-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) at Lions (9-4) Reply with quote

Game 14

at
When: 4:25 PM EST December 14th
Where: Ford Field (Detroit, MI)
TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Coverage Map: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=15

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable: FB Jerome Felton (neck), S Harrison Smith (shoulder), DE Everson Griffen (low back), CB Jabari Price (hamstring), Questionable: WR Cordarrelle Patterson (hamstring), Doubtful:, NoneOut: S Robert Blanton (ankle/knee), G Charlie Johnson (ankle), DT Sharrif Floyd (knee), LB Anthony Barr (knee)
Lions - Probable:, Questionable:, Doubtful:, Out:

TBD

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see what the injury report will look like. From Johnson's reaction on the field, I think he's done for the year, which will mean the Vikings will have 3 backup offensive linemen going up against one of the best defensive lines in football.

Plus, the Vikings as a team, have been playing very sloppy and undisciplined football. Too many mistakes and too many penalties won't be something they can overcome against a team like Detroit.

I think the defense will be able to keep the Lions in check, as I see them getting in Stafford's face a lot, but their defense will cause plenty of problems for our offense as well.

Detroit 24
Vikings 20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will likely be a loss, but I'm starting to enjoy this season, and I think this will be an enjoyable game to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second time this matchup has happened this season, except this time this team seems like it's starting to get in rhythm a bit more.

I still expect us to lose, but it should be a good test for this young team.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 2 of our starting OL are healthy... and one of them is Kalil...

The Lions' DL is going to kill Teddy

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nervous for this game...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossing routes and quick hitters.

If the Lions are still running a lot of two-man the deep shots likely won't be there.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Blanton's outlook on the season? Is he done? If so, is Sendejo the starter?

I kind of wish we'd give Gerald Hodges more playing time as a backup. I don't want to see Greenway play all of the snap at WLB as soon as Barr comes back to SLB (where Hodges has been starting). He looks good.

This is not a good matchup for our offense. Matt Kalil has seriously struggled this year, and I expect him to be abused this game. The Detroit Dline is just awesome. We'll need a quick hitting pass offense, and hopefully a run game that can stretch their defense. Asiata doesn't look like a starting caliber running back to me. I'd like to see more of Tate, and especially Banyard.

and, our team just looked sort of undisciplined out there last week. Confused It was unusual. We left quite a few plays out there yesterday on D/ST. If we don't make those plays against Detroit, I expect it to get ugly quickly.

Lastly, I'm cringing at the thought of Josh Robinson going up against Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate. He and Munnerlyn must play better, as teams usually don't throw much towards Rhodes anymore.

I'd love to see us find a way to beat this team, but we just don't match up well. Still, its exciting to see things looking up for the Vikings!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what a tough game to have after playing so sloppy yesterday. Do I think the Vikes can win this? Yes. Do I expect them to win this? No.

According to Peter King, Adrian may be allowed back; however, I'll believe it when I see it . . . then again, maybe Zimmer's post-game comments of "This is Teddy's Team" were well-placed preludes to the week? From previous comments, Zimmer's always said "he wants his guys" and maybe he didn't view Adrian in that circle? Who knows, but I do know this, Zimmer has this team playing better team football than it's played in 6 or 7 years.

I could see Adrian coming back and giving the team a shot in the arm . . . or I could see it causing an implosion.

Norv Turner better have his thinking cap on all week and better make some gametime calls that wow the heck out of us fans! Or, this one will be UUUUGGGGGGLLLYYYY! Confused

I could see the Vikes pulling a couple other ways to score . . . special teams will be HUGE this week!

If we can get 3 turnovers and maybe a punt/kick return for a TD, the Vikes can at least make the game interesting and control momentum.

If the Lions' front 4 dominates the Vikes O-line, as many predict, the Lions should cruise to a win.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
"This is Teddy's Team"

Just my opinion but that's reading way to much into that quote.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:

Norv Turner better have his thinking cap on all week and better make some gametime calls that wow the heck out of us fans!

This could be a problem!! Think
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv isn't a magical wizard and just wave a wand. It's up to the players. If you're going into a game expecting your team's OC to wow you without ever touching the ball, you're going to be disappointed whether it's Norv Turner or Bob Schnelker.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Offensive Line only gives up 5 sacks and 5 TFL, I'd consider that a win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Norv isn't a magical wizard and just wave a wand. It's up to the players. If you're going into a game expecting your team's OC to wow you without ever touching the ball, you're going to be disappointed whether it's Norv Turner or Bob Schnelker.

So, is that a roundabout way of saying "Don't expect much from the Vikings offense this game?"

Frankly, I know each of us can go back over several weeks and look at gameday threads where everyone's calling for Turner to be fired . . . "so done with this guy . . . etc." Yes, the players have to execute.

The players have to execute. And by golly, if the Seahawks can roll into Philly and shut down Chip Kelly, then the Vikes can do the same. It will take a perfect game. Wink

Turner has to call a gameplan that gives the Vikes some big plays early -- somehow keeping Suh, Ansah, and Co from getting to Teddy so he can fire some longshots downfield.

Running into the teeth of that front 7? Standing tall in a pocket forever? eh, that could get painful.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll need Locke to have a good day.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: