Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnathan Franklin to retire from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
svp


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 1037
Location: I took a football shaped pill and felt better.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

troll patrol
heh-his aim is misplaced.


Although it has been said-the worst thing you can do to a person
is ignore them.
_________________
svp wrote:
Who cares?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1914
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
Well said. I don't know why that guy's right to troll is being protected by the mods.


First off, if you have an issue with my moderation PM me.

Secondly, two wrongs don't make a right and all those issues are as bad as trolling. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. If you think someone is trolling IGNORE THEM. Pretty simple.


Well said Cwood. Have there been any updates on this injury front besides speculation?
_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Macc_Aviv


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 1091
Location: Shaking babies and kissing hands
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
Well said. I don't know why that guy's right to troll is being protected by the mods.


First off, if you have an issue with my moderation PM me.

Secondly, two wrongs don't make a right and all those issues are as bad as trolling. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. If you think someone is trolling IGNORE THEM. Pretty simple.

I haven't responded to him once. But since the board has no ignore feature it's hard to find good content on here anymore. I will just keep checking back in hopes that the issue has been taken care of before the start of the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14306
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
Well said. I don't know why that guy's right to troll is being protected by the mods.


First off, if you have an issue with my moderation PM me.

Secondly, two wrongs don't make a right and all those issues are as bad as trolling. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. If you think someone is trolling IGNORE THEM. Pretty simple.

I haven't responded to him once. But since the board has no ignore feature it's hard to find good content on here anymore. I will just keep checking back in hopes that the issue has been taken care of before the start of the season.


At the rate it's going the odds are good that it will be taken care of sooner rather than later.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stockholder


Joined: 25 Apr 2014
Posts: 220
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: franklin Reply with quote

Money over Intelligence. PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE wrote a nice stat. I counted 17 seniors and 15 underclassmen in the 32 Round 1 Picks.
9 DB 4 S/5 CB
5 LB
4 DL
5 OL
1 TE
5 WR
3 QB
0 RB for the second year in a row. Get used to it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10399
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: franklin Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Money over Intelligence. PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE wrote a nice stat. I counted 17 seniors and 15 underclassmen in the 32 Round 1 Picks.
9 DB 4 S/5 CB
5 LB
4 DL
5 OL
1 TE
5 WR
3 QB
0 RB for the second year in a row. Get used to it!


So effing what?

These guys are going to college to play football and try and get into the NFL. If the get into the NFL even for 1-2 years, they can always easily afford to go back and get their degree if that is something they want to do. If they are likely going to be a high pick, why wouldn't they leave early? They have finished their degree in "football" so to speak.

And of course 0 underclassmen RBs. 0 senior RBs too. That's a trend that is no surprise to anyone. There also hasn't been an Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, or Bo Jafckson caliber prospect in years and if there were, they might get drafted pretty high.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stockholder


Joined: 25 Apr 2014
Posts: 220
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: franklin Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Money over Intelligence. PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE wrote a nice stat. I counted 17 seniors and 15 underclassmen in the 32 Round 1 Picks.
9 DB 4 S/5 CB
5 LB
4 DL
5 OL
1 TE
5 WR
3 QB
0 RB for the second year in a row. Get used to it!


So effing what?

These guys are going to college to play football and try and get into the NFL. If the get into the NFL even for 1-2 years, they can always easily afford to go back and get their degree if that is something they want to do. If they are likely going to be a high pick, why wouldn't they leave early? They have finished their degree in "football" so to speak.

And of course 0 underclassmen RBs. 0 senior RBs too. That's a trend that is no surprise to anyone. There also hasn't been an Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, or Bo Jafckson caliber prospect in years and if there were, they might get drafted pretty high.
Thats pretty Sad. ( The stats show a change for a degree in football.) The NfL wanted them to stay in school. As more Come out their bodies will pay the price. Some bodies don't peak in growth, let alone maturity issues! So let them crack their nut. I think the surgeon general really could tell you a thing or too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster


Site Admin
Joined: 05 Oct 2004
Posts: 8159
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder, I'm not sure if you are doing this on purpose or you just don't understand how the forum works. But your posts are seriously aggravating the members of the forum. Take a break from posting and figure out how we do things around here. Read more and then when you post again try a different approach.

Everyone else, next time someone is causing issues do not start throwing around insults, that will never solve anything and only cause more problems. Don't reply to them. Just contact a mod and let them handle it.

Now let's get back to the topic and keep the comments on Franklin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7130
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Franklin is able to continue on with the rest of life without any problems. I wish him the best and hope to never see any of this again happen to even the teams I hate the most.


But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 2648
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I hope Franklin is able to continue on with the rest of life without any problems. I wish him the best and hope to never see any of this again happen to even the teams I hate the most.


But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.


Richardson had a serious one too lately.
_________________
blueswedeshoes wrote:

I don't like Jeff Janis

He's another one of those shingles-prone athletes. TT no longer does his due diligence on susceptibility to viral infections.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3753
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.


Injuries suck, but we're a perennial playoff team and won a Superbowl in 2010. Minnesota is cursed. 4 Superbowl appearances (all losses), Gary Anderson whiffs on a chipshot FG (his first miss in 2 years) for the NFC title in an indoor stadium, humiliated in the NFC title game a few years later against NYG, McCown's 4th & 24 throw to knock them out of the playoffs, they play their worst game of the year against NO in the NFC title game (along with the Favre INT), and have wasted the prime years of AP because they couldn't find a QB. That's a horrific track record. At least GB has 5 trophies to hang on their 4th and 26 type moments. Minnesota has nothing. That's a curse.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7130
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.


Injuries suck, but we're a perennial playoff team and won a Superbowl in 2010. Minnesota is cursed. 4 Superbowl appearances (all losses), Gary Anderson whiffs on a chipshot FG (his first miss in 2 years) for the NFC title in an indoor stadium, humiliated in the NFC title game a few years later against NYG, McCown's 4th & 24 throw to knock them out of the playoffs, they play their worst game of the year against NO in the NFC title game (along with the Favre INT), and have wasted the prime years of AP because they couldn't find a QB. That's a horrific track record. At least GB has 5 trophies to hang on their 4th and 26 type moments. Minnesota has nothing. That's a curse.



I hope you are from the future. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skypilot


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.


Injuries suck, but we're a perennial playoff team and won a Superbowl in 2010. Minnesota is cursed. 4 Superbowl appearances (all losses), Gary Anderson whiffs on a chipshot FG (his first miss in 2 years) for the NFC title in an indoor stadium, humiliated in the NFC title game a few years later against NYG, McCown's 4th & 24 throw to knock them out of the playoffs, they play their worst game of the year against NO in the NFC title game (along with the Favre INT), and have wasted the prime years of AP because they couldn't find a QB. That's a horrific track record. At least GB has 5 trophies to hang on their 4th and 26 type moments. Minnesota has nothing. That's a curse.



I hope you are from the future. Laughing


Don't believe in superstition (curses) or miracles. Don't understand the gratuitous Vikings'-bashing (the Lions and Bears are better teams at the moment) in a thread about Franklin, but to each his own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3753
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Vikings bashing here. Only pointing out the misery their fanbase has gone through is a lot more than the injuries GB fans have had to deal with.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3753
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
But how cursed are we? Collins, Finley, Jolly, and Franklin. Its more than the rest of the NFL combined for the last five years. Not sure about it but it sure seems like it.


Injuries suck, but we're a perennial playoff team and won a Superbowl in 2010. Minnesota is cursed. 4 Superbowl appearances (all losses), Gary Anderson whiffs on a chipshot FG (his first miss in 2 years) for the NFC title in an indoor stadium, humiliated in the NFC title game a few years later against NYG, McCown's 4th & 24 throw to knock them out of the playoffs, they play their worst game of the year against NO in the NFC title game (along with the Favre INT), and have wasted the prime years of AP because they couldn't find a QB. That's a horrific track record. At least GB has 5 trophies to hang on their 4th and 26 type moments. Minnesota has nothing. That's a curse.



I hope you are from the future. Laughing


I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group