Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnathan Franklin to retire from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Seriously bummed about this after thinking more about it. Yes, Starks might be the best RB in the NFL off the bench right now but Franklin was my #1 RB over Lacy, Bell, Gio. I was excited to see those three play together and see McCarthy use all three to their strengths.

Naturally I blame myself because I was at that game and I was late to my seats and missed kickoff(when he got hurt). Laughing Shocked Crying or Very sad

Yea, I'd have to say Starks has 6th man type of game like basketball.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Seriously guys the people who respond to stockholder are part of the problem. Stop feeding the troll and he will eventually die.
Another cracked nut. Franklin's agent, Kenny Zuckerman, told ESPN.com that his client would be waived by the team and that Franklin would visit other doctors "just to get peace of mind." This speaks volumes on why to stay in college and get your degree! Next Man Up.

Franklin has his degree you buffoon. Do research first if you're gonna troll.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140619/PKR01/306190415/Franklin-teammates-see-big-picture-after-injury-ends-career?nclick_check=1
It was a warning to whom come out early. Common sense! Duh. Franklin can still choose a safer profession.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Seriously guys the people who respond to stockholder are part of the problem. Stop feeding the troll and he will eventually die.
Another cracked nut. Franklin's agent, Kenny Zuckerman, told ESPN.com that his client would be waived by the team and that Franklin would visit other doctors "just to get peace of mind." This speaks volumes on why to stay in college and get your degree! Next Man Up.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140619/PKR01/306190415/Franklin-teammates-see-big-picture-after-injury-ends-career?nclick_check=1
It was a warning to whom come out early. Common sense! Duh. Franklin can still choose a safer profession.

Another agent muddying the waters (see Finley/Braatz) and the usual "visit other doctors" BS to prolong the inevitable.

On your attempted recovery from the above assertion. IMO, I am Rodgers got it right. You assumed Franklin didn't have his degree because he came out early. These forced retirements actually have the opposite effect of what you claim. It will encourage even more early draft entries, not less. Unless you think a man can't get a broken neck/spine playing college ball.
(The the idiot doing color commentary in the youtube video below---there was nothing freak or out of the ordinary about the play. You hurdle like that, and either you or the poor defender (see Nick Collins) is at risk for a bad injury to the upper body.)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=javid+best+ucla+youtube&qpvt=javid+best+ucla+youtube&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=329FF2D182EFD6DC5DC7329FF2D182EFD6DC5DC7
stockholder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
stockholder wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Another agent muddying the waters (see Finley/Braatz) and the usual "visit other doctors" BS to prolong the inevitable.

On your attempted recovery from the above assertion. IMO, I am Rodgers got it right. You assumed Franklin didn't have his degree because he came out early. These forced retirements actually have the opposite effect of what you claim. It will encourage even more early draft entries, not less. Unless you think a man can't get a broken neck/spine playing college ball.
(The the idiot doing color commentary in the youtube video below---there was nothing freak or out of the ordinary about the play. You hurdle like that, and either you or the poor defender (see Nick Collins) is at risk for a bad injury to the upper body.)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=javid+best+ucla+youtube&qpvt=javid+best+ucla+youtube&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=329FF2D182EFD6DC5DC7329FF2D182EFD6DC5DC7
Actually collins was hurt before the hurdle. The hurdle kick finished him off. It was a bone jarring tackle earlier. And Actually a hurdle tackle and falling to the ground could even do franklin in.(c-3) Hence release him. The money is the reason they leave school. Not because of NFL injuries. It's a business. Franklins injury is the ugly side. Franklin should do the smart thing and walk away. I believe their is a law suit in SF over concussions. You need to look at lawerence Taylor, Lyle alzado etc. to know the money is it. But how many of us played football, only to realize that many medical conditions showed up after playing. Not to mention the drugs to stay in the game.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
stockholder wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Actually collins was hurt before the hurdle. The hurdle kick finished him off. It was a bone jarring tackle earlier. And Actually a hurdle tackle and falling to the ground could even do franklin in.(c-3) Hence release him. The money is the reason they leave school. Not because of NFL injuries. It's a business. Franklins injury is the ugly side. Franklin should do the smart thing and walk away. I believe their is a law suit in SF over concussions. You need to look at lawerence Taylor, Lyle alzado etc. to know the money is it. But how many of us played football, only to realize that many medical conditions showed up after playing. Not to mention the drugs to stay in the game.

On what basis are you saying that Collins wasn't hurt on the hurdle tackle?

Are you describing Franklin's injury at c2-c3 or c3-c4?

On what basis are you claiming that Franklin's injury occured at [Answer to #2]
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

i never really understood why it's a big deal if someone comes out early. even if he didn't have his degree, he could literally just go back to ucla now and finish.

the only downside about leaving early is you're done with your amateur career whether you get drafted/make it or not. but as far as education goes? it'll always be there.

El Ramster on the amazing work
Skypilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
stockholder wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
stockholder wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Of course, they do it for the $$$. They also do it to not further risk serious injury playing for virtually nothing in college.

The players also know the risks. Don't 'play' football if you don't want to have brain damage later in life. It's that simple because it comes with the territory. On Collins, you're splitting hairs. Watch how his neck was twisted in that fateful play. Same with Finley: That was a serious concussion he suffered in 2013. Three weeks later he leads with his head into a tackle and ends up on a stretcher. Jolly multiple stingers and a disc? injury. Same with Jeremy Thompson.

I don't have a problem releasing Franklin and moving on from Finley. People complain about the injuries, then turn around and practically beg the Packers to keep injury prone players like Justin Harrell, Finley, Sherrod (yea, I know it was only one major injury), Nick Perry and Franklin.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collin absolutely got hurt by th hurdler, He landed right on his Head !!!
stockholder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
Sorry, the analysis at the time(Fox I believe) showed it was already set to blow. The game prior when he popped the fumble I believe. You could see his body shake unlike a normal hit. He went off his feet like a dive. The necks are sensitive. But Collins was ready to go! Much like franklins is ready, and to big of risk.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
Sorry, the analysis at the time(Fox I believe) showed it was already set to blow. The game prior when he popped the fumble I believe. You could see his body shake unlike a normal hit. He went off his feet like a dive. The necks are sensitive. But Collins was ready to go! Much like franklins is ready, and to big of risk.

Hadn't heard that before re: Collins. Not unlike the death of boxer Bennie "Kid" Paret in 1962, who was beaten senseless in a previous fight and brought back only a month later. Speaking of that--- for those who are into boxing---watch Ring of Fire: the Emile Griffith Story. Great documentary. There can be consequences to Gay-baiting.

Back on topic---you'll just have to trust the Packers to do the right thing re: Franklin, Finley, Jolly, et. al.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

100% pure BS. You are not only a troll but now flat outlying. There was no prior indication of the injury at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jbeltmann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please get rid of this guy? He's added nothing to this board since day one and can't even complete a friggin sentence in English. Imo it's a major skid mark for this community by allowing posters to continually troll without repercussions. I'm all for banter but at least bring something of substance to the table. If you're on the opposite side then debate with intelligence, facts, and respect for your fellow poster. Don't bring this crap making stuff up and constantly back peddle when someone proves you wrong. Maybe you should put the pads on guy and take the other out of your panties. If you have nothing to contribute then read more, post less. Don't sully this board with garbage
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

cpnesdude41 wrote:
Tots agreed. Dude is a serious troll. I don't visit this site nearly as much as I used to and he is only a reason not to. Although theres many posters on here that have learned me plenty football, this dude is really bringing the place down. GTFO [inappropriate/removed]!

Anyways, hard thing to read. I'm now three-ish years older than Franklin and I can only imagine how hard something like this could hit. Couple teammates, from what I've read, seem to think he'll be just fine though so good for him. Tough blow for us fans, coulda been a decent player. G/L FRANKLIN!

HawaiiFan808 wrote:
I agree with you. This guy seems like a complete [inappropriate/removed]. Do some research and know what you're talking about before you post.

I don't care if you don't like what he has to say, or even if you think someone's an idiot. Personal attacks are NOT welcome. Do it again, and I'm going to issue a warning.

i dont think you understand whats going on here... You have some power over just us 'regulars', so maybe you should consider helping us get rid of him & you wont have to deal with this anymore

this subforum was rolling along just fine, but it takes a special poster to rustle these kind of jimmies... & the FF's leash is apparently infinitely long for this guy

none of us understand why either? but there is 0 value added & a bunch of frustration over him... something needs to change soon or you are going to start losing quality members

if you cant help do anything, then let us know & we'll just summon the webmaster

Well said. I don't know why that guy's right to troll is being protected by the mods.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
Well said. I don't know why that guy's right to troll is being protected by the mods.

First off, if you have an issue with my moderation PM me.

Secondly, two wrongs don't make a right and all those issues are as bad as trolling. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. If you think someone is trolling IGNORE THEM. Pretty simple.
stockholder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:

First off, if you have an issue with my moderation PM me.

Secondly, two wrongs don't make a right and all those issues are as bad as trolling. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. If you think someone is trolling IGNORE THEM. Pretty simple.
Learn how to read. I said I thought franklin was a C-3 Neck problem. The same as Nick Collins. I did not Lie or make it up. Collins was hurt by a previous play. It didn't show up. Till he laid on the field.(Per your Post) The commentary on collins neck injury was this. The same thing as when a QB gets hit and shows signs. The news ran tape of Collins (previous plays) that stood out. Collins was an All-PRO! It is this example as to Franklin.(C3 assumption) Hence being waived before he lies on the field. Now get over the troll crap. I am not going to BS you on this. It had been aired. It was an explanation of how collins was easily hurt. You guys make me Laugh! I could say something to a guy, and by the time it gets to the end guy. It gets to a whopper! Show some intelligence. Ask your Viking brothers for Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: