Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Wright to Retire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Eric Wright to Retire? Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Wright is "making a decision to not play football," according to Harbaugh. Is he retiring? "That's my understanding," Harbaugh said.

That was from the BASportsGuy.

He had little chance of making the team but hopefully he took care of his money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought he had a pretty solid chance at making the team. He's a guy who can play outside and the slot, so he seemed like an ideal back-up to the top 3 guys. With him seemingly out of the picture, I'm glad it sounds like Chris Cook has been stepping up. Heard good things about Kenneth Acker, too.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
49ers say CB Eric Wright is pondering retirement. Well ponder no more. Source says he will file paperwork today to officially retire.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/479000307049852928
Tom Brady Tribute
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say that Im suprised by this. Throughout his career he has always struck as a guy who was never really fully engaged in the game.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
I actually thought he had a pretty solid chance at making the team. He's a guy who can play outside and the slot, so he seemed like an ideal back-up to the top 3 guys. With him seemingly out of the picture, I'm glad it sounds like Chris Cook has been stepping up. Heard good things about Kenneth Acker, too.

Was he hurt around playoff time last year? I though Cox just beat him out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ward is still recovering and not practicing right now, is that right? If so then Wright's retirement should mean a chance for Morris to get a few more snaps in. I have no idea how good or bad he is as a CB. I just know he's a rocket out there and I'd sure love to see him develop to the point where we could get that speed on the field for more than just special teams.

Last edited by big9erfan on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I think Ward is still recovering and practicing right now, is that right? If so then Wright's retirement should mean a chance for Morris to get a few more snaps in. I have no idea how good or bad he is as a CB. I just know he's a rocket out there and I'd sure love to see him develop to the point where we could get that speed on the field for more than just special teams.

There was a good article last week, I think, about Morris, and how last year he would always hang around Carlos Rogers during meetings, because Fangionatell told him he looked like a potential nickle back candidate. I've never seen or read anything to discourage the belief that he could be a decent player. He's already way higher in my heart and head than Tramaine Brock was at a similar stage in their careers.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Wright, who retired from #49ers yesterday, didn't show once Vic Fangio asked him to move inside as nickel back last week, Fangio said

Interesting, since NB was the only spot he was playing for last year. I mean didn't he say when he had to play outside that he was a little rusty since all he had practiced was to play the slot?

I'm not sure if Morris is strong enough to play the slot. I like him on the outside with his other wordly speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: