Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Camp Battles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Carr already taking second team reps. Watch your back Shaub.

I'm glad. Very Happy

Hope there not over doing it with him to early though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:

We kinda talked about this earlier. Carr kinda HAS to be the de facto backup because it's hard to get enough reps to develop at 3rd. Besides the Raiders already know what they have in McGloin and have given every indication they are committed to him as the long-term backup. McGloin is going to be around; they need to see as much of Carr as possible before 2016 (Hackenberg).

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I'm glad. Very Happy

FWIW I've heard that Carr is much further along than the coaches were expecting at this point. He's a bright guy and has all of the physical tools that you look for in an NFL quarterback. I'm really interested to see how he performs in TC & PS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Moore vs. Holmes

I feel like the 3rd WR position is up for grabs. Moore has a great talent and has shown flashes but disappears too much. Holmes conversely came on towards the end of the season making circus catches. Holmes also has elite size for the position. Like Criner I feel like if Moore doesn't show up than he'll lose out on time to Holmes.

I wouldnt count out Little either. It may take him longer to get the offense, but i think he has a chance to beat either of those guys out.

How?

Holmes is bigger, has better hands and has about the same speed.

Moore is faster, has better hands and has big play ability.

Little has only some adventage on Moore in blocking...I can't see him pushing them.
He could push Criner and\or Butler for the 5th or 6th spot at best IMO

Anyone think its possible Moore gets cut after TC? Obviously we'd try and shop him first. But here are the facts:

- Hasn't developed like we wanted
- Passed up by Steater and maybe Jones already
- Other WRs brought in
- Extra competition from them since they're all hungry for: reps, a roster spot, and a role as high on the DC as they can get
- Documented possible disgruntled-ness by Dmoe

There's a chance he won't even be on the team come week one imo. Hopefully if that's the case, we can get something for him rather than cutting him outright.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Moore vs. Holmes

I feel like the 3rd WR position is up for grabs. Moore has a great talent and has shown flashes but disappears too much. Holmes conversely came on towards the end of the season making circus catches. Holmes also has elite size for the position. Like Criner I feel like if Moore doesn't show up than he'll lose out on time to Holmes.

I wouldnt count out Little either. It may take him longer to get the offense, but i think he has a chance to beat either of those guys out.

How?

Little has only some adventage on Moore in blocking...I can't see him pushing them.

Anyone think its possible Moore gets cut after TC? Obviously we'd try and shop him first. But here are the facts:

- Other WRs brought in
- Extra competition from them since they're all hungry for: reps, a roster spot, and a role as high on the DC as they can get

There's a chance he won't even be on the team come week one imo. Hopefully if that's the case, we can get something for him rather than cutting him outright.

IMO, I think he's too good of a player to cut. Let's see how he fares once TC starts because I think he'll still be good enough to be in the top-3 wr in our offense. If we ultimately decide to move on from him, I'm confident we can at least acquire a late round pick.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Moore vs. Holmes

How?

- Other WRs brought in

There is a chance alright but I would think they would keep him one more season. I was suprised we didnt move him during the draft. Once these receiver needy teams start getting their 1st offseason injuries we could have a good chance to get something for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Moore vs. Holmes

How?

- Other WRs brought in

IMO, I think he's too good of a player to cut. Let's see how he fares once TC starts because I think he'll still be good enough to be in the top-3 wr in our offense. If we ultimately decide to move on from him, I'm confident we can at least acquire a late round pick.
Agree here, he has the potential to have a big year like some players do in a contract year.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Moore vs. Holmes

How?

- Other WRs brought in

+1
I think Moore will be shopped around the deadline and traded for a late round pick. Too much potential to be cut.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I'm glad. Very Happy

FWIW I've heard that Carr is much further along than the coaches were expecting at this point. He's a bright guy and has all of the physical tools that you look for in an NFL quarterback. I'm really interested to see how he performs in TC & PS.

LOL. They are wearing shorts . . . . *cough (Tyler Wilson) cough*

Bonez wrote:
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson wasn't smart enough to get the playbook.

But DA is saying that Carr is the real deal. That was never said about Wilson.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's important to keep a level head during this time of the offseason. Still, its cool to get some press other than the usual "Oakland is going to suck this year" from Mack and Carr. Even if it means nothing at the moment. Can't help but be a little excited about them when things like this are being said, despite the need to take them with a grain of salt. Heck, even I'm even a bit pumped about Gabe Jackson. Although he's a player I think its fair to expect production from this year. Can't wait for TC and preseason.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that a level head is needed. But I think this team is finally making head room towards being competitive. For the last two years this team had been devoid of talent. Now we have some great foundations on the offense and defense. Only training camp will tell.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime between now and training camp, I was thinking about writing posts detailing what we have at certain positions in our starters, reserves, and 2015 watch lists for prospects that look like good scheme fits/players at those positions.Would anyone be down to read those?
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Sometime between now and training camp, I was thinking about writing posts detailing what we have at certain positions in our starters, reserves, and 2015 watch lists for prospects that look like good scheme fits/players at those positions.Would anyone be down to read those?
Surely!
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Robinson stuggles with NFL transition

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/22/greg-robinson-stuggles-with-nfl-transition/

--------------------------------------------

Think goodness Raiders didn't draft him Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: