Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster: #4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Titans 4th Best Player
Michael Griffin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Akeem Ayers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Andy Levitre
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Shaun Phillips
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Derrick Morgan
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Delanie Walker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chance Warmack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Roos
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Bernard Pollard
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nate Washington
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Jake Locker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wesley Woodyard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Justin Hunter
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Zach Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
outside of the secondary, who the heck played hard/made a difference last year besides Casey?

Was it Zach Brown? No....it was Akeem! No, not Akeem, he was a ghost. Derrick Morgan? No, he was the same average player he's always beem. Oh, I know....Kam Wimbley! Nope, not him, either....hmmmmmmmmm.......

Point? The secondary was the best it's been in years. Brown has problems last year because he didn't like the LB coach. I didn't like the Wimbley signing and for good reason(he's not a 4-3 DE). Ayers played injured all season but the point still remains that Pollard sets a tone on defense that the other players follow. It's clear as day who the leader of the defense is. The secondary was average to below average before Pollard got there. I'd say he helped a great deal last season.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
outside of the secondary, who the heck played hard/made a difference last year besides Casey?

Was it Zach Brown? No....it was Akeem! No, not Akeem, he was a ghost. Derrick Morgan? No, he was the same average player he's always beem. Oh, I know....Kam Wimbley! Nope, not him, either....hmmmmmmmmm.......

Point? The secondary was the best it's been in years. Brown has problems last year because he didn't like the LB coach. I didn't like the Wimbley signing and for good reason(he's not a 4-3 DE). Ayers played injured all season but the point still remains that Pollard sets a tone on defense that the other players follow. It's clear as day who the leader of the defense is. The secondary was average to below average before Pollard got there. I'd say he helped a great deal last season.

My point is this...what defense were you watching? You are saying that players played harder and I'm wondering WHO? Just because Brown didn't like Parlavecchio and you didn't like the Wimbley signing doesn't mean that they shouldn't play hard, right?? Especially if they have a great leader like Bernard Pollard on the team, too, right?

People praising Pollard in this thread are acting like our defense was even worth anything last year after the first couple weeks...saying that he "set the tone for our defense" and what not...you guys are acting our defense was Seattle's!

Pollard helped Griffin play the centerfield role. Sure. But so did the scheme. I'm not going to say that Pollard made much of a difference, if any, in making Verner and McCourty better players. They were already better DBs than Pollard was before he even came to town.

Pollard is a journeyman for a reason, and it's not just because of his intense personality. He's AVERAGE. His play rarely backs up his mouth, and it was the same ol' same ol' last season. Never once did I walk away from a game and said "Dang...good thing we have Bernard Pollard, or else we wouldn't have won/played as well."

Just because you're the "leader" of the team doesn't mean that you're a very good player. You have the personality and drive to play football and give it your all every down, sure. But McCourty and Verner were both better than Pollard last year and they weren't the "leaders" or "tone setters" of the defense.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard was/is an upgrade.

His tutelage of Justin Hunter last season is an example of what he brings to the team beyond what he does during games. Steel sharpening steel.

When opposing offensives gameplan to play us, I'm confident Pollard is direct center on their radar.

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Benard-Pollard-on-Progression-of-Defense/0a1722f9-8647-4a67-9e7e-975f0a2a53d5

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to disagree and leave it at that. Nobody said the defense was elite. Hell down the stretch, really couldn't trust the D but lets not act like it was because a lack of effort. I think last year was the first time in years I didn't notice the defense quitting during the game. Having players that didn't produce doesn't mean they didn't play harder. Wimbley and Ayers don't belong in a 4-3 and it's clear as day.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it in a previous ranking thread... this team lacks top tier talent. Casey is the only player we can say played at an elite level last year, but we go into this season hoping that Horton stays true to his word and doesn't alter his game too much. McCourty is a good corner, top 10 (may be closer to 5 than 10), but not elite yet. Wright looks like he's going to be a top slot WR, but hasn't done much more to make him a top 15 receiver (mayne not even close to that). Roos is good, was elite or very close to it earlier in his career, but he now lingers around the top 10 cut off point in the rankings, rather than the elite level...

After Roos, the drop off is even more dramatic. Pollard? Really... he's our 5th best player? Hunter... not right now... maybe at the end of the season, but that's a big (huge) maybe. If we're going off last year, and expected progression, you're looking at guys like Levitre and Walker. Warmack is also expected to make a big jump in year 2. Is it impossible to expect Sankey to be considered one of our best 5 players by the end of the season? Locker played like one of our best 5 players early last year before he got hurt. If he stays healthy-ish, I fully expect him to be in the top 5. Those are all players I'd consider heavily before I took the next defensive player... and even then, I don't know who I expect our to be the better player this year... Pollard, Ayers, Brown, Griffin, Morgan, Phillips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: