Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster: #4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Titans 4th Best Player
Michael Griffin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Akeem Ayers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Andy Levitre
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Shaun Phillips
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Derrick Morgan
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Delanie Walker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chance Warmack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Roos
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Bernard Pollard
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nate Washington
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Jake Locker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wesley Woodyard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Justin Hunter
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Zach Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Ranking the Roster: #4 Reply with quote

Kendall Wright wins the #3 best player. Who's the 4th best player?

1.) Jurrell Casey
2.) Jason McCourty
3.) Kendall Wright

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with Roos here. He's declining but still a good LT. Not the pass-blocker he used to be.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Hunter. Whiz should put Hunter in some great spots this year.

He is going to be number 1 on this list next year..

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage in their careers I am going to give the edge to Bernard Pollard over Roos. When you can make others better around you, that is when you know you are really good and Pollard's presence really helps out Griffin so much.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 101 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Hunter this kids gonna have a great year. The pick is a little bit based on potential but i think hes good real good hopefully we have a healthy QB that can get him the ball this year

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this? I don't even...

MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooooooooooooooooosossssssss

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point Roos was best player on team. Now he's not top 10. Please.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
At this stage in their careers I am going to give the edge to Bernard Pollard over Roos. When you can make others better around you, that is when you know you are really good and Pollard's presence really helps out Griffin so much.

Pollard was, in my opinion, probably our most overrated player last year. The guy was not nearly as impactful as one would have hoped. Yea, he allowed Griffin to go back and play centerfield, but he is still a pretty average in-the-box safety.

Roos is the pick here, no doubt.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Pollard was, in my opinion, probably our most overrated player last year. The guy was not nearly as impactful as one would have hoped. Yea, he allowed Griffin to go back and play centerfield, but he is still a pretty average in-the-box safety.

Lol I have to completely disagree with you here. Roos is not the same player he once was. It's funny how fast people forget our bad our oline has been the past 2 years and I know it is not going to be popular to say but Roos has been a pretty big part of that. He is constantly letting pressure get to the QB and is giving us nothing in the running game. IMO Pollard is one of the biggest reasons our defense has been at least acceptable. He is the leader of our whole team and has been solid in pass coverage and pretty good against the run which is something we did not have before at that position. Sure he is not "great" but this roster isn't exactly stacked. But to say Roos is anywhere near elite or the same player he was is just flat out completely dead wrong. Maybe Bruce Matthews just sucked so bad at coaching it really affected him and maybe he will be somehow better with Bostad coaching. And even though he is going to win the 4th best player right now, he IS NOT lol

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Lol I have to completely disagree with you here. Roos is not the same player he once was. It's funny how fast people forget our bad our oline has been the past 2 years and I know it is not going to be popular to say but Roos has been a pretty big part of that. He is constantly letting pressure get to the QB and is giving us nothing in the running game. IMO Pollard is one of the biggest reasons our defense has been at least acceptable. He is the leader of our whole team and has been solid in pass coverage and pretty good against the run which is something we did not have before at that position. Sure he is not "great" but this roster isn't exactly stacked. But to say Roos is anywhere near elite or the same player he was is just flat out completely dead wrong. Maybe Bruce Matthews just sucked so bad at coaching it really affected him and maybe he will be somehow better with Bostad coaching. And even though he is going to win the 4th best player right now, he IS NOT lol

Nowhere once in my post did I say that Roos was the player he once was or elite. That said, he has still been our best OLman over the past couple years and is still doing his job better than Pollard is doing his job. Pollard was supposed to bring the "attitude" and "swagger" to what was an absolutely awful defense and guess what...we were still as soft as as heck and did not impose our will on any team post probably Week 3.

How anyone can seriously think that Bernard Pollard, who has been average to slightly above average as a safety his whole career, is better than Michael Roos right now especially after the AVERAGE season Pollard had last year is beyond me. Untimely penalties, only had a couple moments throughout the season where he was making any type of significant impact...he was probably tied as the third best player in our secondary last year with Griffin. You can make the case that he helped Griffin play at an acceptable level, but you can thank the tweak in scheme just as much. (I know that someone can say that the scheme was tweaked because of Pollard's presence, but I'm sorry...there are a bunch of box safeties in the league that can play at the level Pollard played at last year that would allow Griffin to roam.)

Roos may very well be starting a gradual decline, but he certainly was not "constantly letting pressure get to the QB" and being worthless in the run game like you're making him out to be. Remember that he was playing with 3 new guys on the line at any given time...if there's any unit in football that needs time to "gel," it's the offensive line.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roos only allowed 2 sacks last year, only 7 hits, and while he gave up 36 hurries, 14 of those came in two separate games(I'm not saying those games should be completely ignored/don't count, but it shows that it wasn't something that was a constant problem for Roos..was just a problem in two games, not a big deal). Take out those and he only allowed 1.5 hurries per game, only slightly worse than Trent Williams(1.3), better than Joe Thomas(1.6), slightly worse than Gross(1.3), better than Peters(1.7), etc.

He also had less penalties than Thomas, Williams and Smith just to name a few(4 in total for Roos). I can't find the stats of our YPC behind Roos, but he had the 7th best run blocking grade among all tackles(LT and RT) in the NFL according to them(I know, their grading system isn't the best, but given I can't find their ypc behind a certain blocker stat, it's the best I can give you for right now).

Roos is still a fantastic LT. Anyone voting JUSTIN HUNTER OF ALL PEOPLE over him make me believe they didn't even watch Titans football last year. I think voting Wright over him is as stupid as it can be too, but at least Wright made a constant impact. I find Pollard over him silly as well, but as noted he's a leader and makes those around him better, so I can get over it...BUT JUSTIN HUNTER!?!? Are you serious?
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Roos only allowed 2 sacks last year, only 7 hits, and while he gave up 36 hurries, 14 of those came in two separate games(I'm not saying those games should be completely ignored/don't count, but it shows that it wasn't something that was a constant problem for Roos..was just a problem in two games, not a big deal). Take out those and he only allowed 1.5 hurries per game, only slightly worse than Trent Williams(1.3), better than Joe Thomas(1.6), slightly worse than Gross(1.3), better than Peters(1.7), etc.

He also had less penalties than Thomas, Williams and Smith just to name a few(4 in total for Roos). I can't find the stats of our YPC behind Roos, but he had the 7th best run blocking grade among all tackles(LT and RT) in the NFL according to them(I know, their grading system isn't the best, but given I can't find their ypc behind a certain blocker stat, it's the best I can give you for right now).

Roos is still a fantastic LT. Anyone voting JUSTIN HUNTER OF ALL PEOPLE over him make me believe they didn't even watch Titans football last year. I think voting Wright over him is as stupid as it can be too, but at least Wright made a constant impact. I find Pollard over him silly as well, but as noted he's a leader and makes those around him better, so I can get over it...BUT JUSTIN HUNTER!?!? Are you serious?

Well I agree that he is better than Justin Hunter right now lol But really all this shows is that our top 2 or 3 players are really only slightly above average and that is discouraging. Our #4 and on best players really are pretty average right now and there could be arguments made for a lot of people through #4 to about #10. There are no people who stand out after Casey and McCourty and even Wright IMO. There can be arguments made for Roos, Pollard, Walker, Washington, Levitre, Morgan, Griffin, and Kern. I can't make myself say that Roos is just so superior to all them right now. He is still a pretty good LT, but this will be his last year here and there is a reason for that. Lewan will take his place next year and we should be fine if Lewan develops into what he should. Everyone always lives in the past with players and there names and what they used to be and Roos was elite in the past. But to say he is so much better than everyone else right now is just flat out wrong. I watch the games I see him struggle a lot more than the numbers suggest especially in run blocking. Like I said he is still decent at his job but to think he is still superior to some of our other players without even considering them is jumping the gun IMO. Roos, Walker, Washington, Morgan, and Griffin are all about the same to me as ranking them on our roster. None of them are great but none of them are bums either.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely close between Pollard an Roos. Roos is declining but is still a good LT. Pollard was definitely a reason for the improvement in the defense. He provided leadership which some people downplay. Having someone with a voice and attitude makes other guys play harder. Gregg Williams was a big part too but Pollard was on the field. Griffin hasn't been worth a damn since like 2008. It's no surprise when we actually bring in good in-the-box safety, Griffin improved. Pollard had a good season last year. He actually surprised me in coverage and did make game changing plays at times with big hits and INTs. He sets a tone on defense. He'll likely be the next guy I choose.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside of the secondary, who the heck played hard/made a difference last year besides Casey?

Was it Zach Brown? No....it was Akeem! No, not Akeem, he was a ghost. Derrick Morgan? No, he was the same average player he's always beem. Oh, I know....Kam Wimbley! Nope, not him, either....hmmmmmmmmm.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: