Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
moonman3 wrote:
62% win percentage as a starter. I'll always feel like we did him wrong. Vince could play ball, its a chame Jeff Fisher essentially blacklisted him out of the NFL. Best qb we have had since McNair. Interesting to think what would have happened had McNair not passed away being a mentor to Vince and all.

Sadly I don't think Steve could have been much of a mentor at the time of his death, his life was out of control. There was a rumor that Fish wanted to bring him on as a coach with his staff but never did. I believe he heard about how Steve was living his life at that point and didn't want that to reflect on his staff if Steve got in trouble again. JMO.

Eh, saying his life was out of control is a bit of a stretch. true he was cheating on his wife, but unfortunately that's not an uncommon occurrence in today's society. Unfortunately he got caught up in a fatal attraction. In fact the rumor around Nashville was that Jeff Fisher got around himself(which would explain Fish's own '08 divorce), so I doubt that was the reason they didn't add Steve.

**RIP Steve McNair**
edro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY was an absolute CURSE for the Titans. This should be drilled into everyone's head by now. He wasted our 2 year window when we were dominant with Haynesworth and our great defense. We could have really accomplished something if we simply could've had a pass game to move the ball.

Everyone looked past his numerous shortcomings all because of his "athleticism." Well, this isn't a triathlon. I cringe when I think about VY and those years...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: