Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from NFL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from NFL Reply with quote

Quote:
Vince Young: "I'm retired" from NFL.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/06/vince-young-says-he-is-retired-from-the-nfl/

Vince Young announced that he has retired from the NFL at age 31 after only starting 50 games in his career.

Somehow Young managed to make two Pro-Bowls in his career and will finish it with 46 passing TDs and 51 INTs.

Tom Brady Tribute
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good!!!
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He going to leave us and tear it up in the NFL."

Not quite...

Waste of what could have been a good career. Hope his after football ventures go better..

Bye.. Longhorn
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be drinking a big cup of regret the rest of his life. Hope he can get over it.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp my name is now just a reminder of the failure that was VY.

So much talent. To much stupid tho Laughing

I really thought he was going to be something after his rookie year.

He did give us some amazing moments tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUukfA5ugtI
http://youtu.be/HJ12p3uLk3Y?t=35s
http://youtu.be/u0pIVtjWBx0?t=2m8s

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at this point, I think itís the right move for him. Dude had some talent. I really hate that he couldnít put it all together and make a good pro career of it, and got so financially screwed around by his own agents. But you live, you learn, and I do wish the guy well in his future endeavors. Good luck to you Vince! Keep your head up and just keep moving forward.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Somehow Young managed to make two Pro-Bowls in his career and will finish it with 46 passing TDs and 51 INTs.

I think I speak for everyone when I ask.....what the hell is that supposed to mean?????

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

I think I speak for everyone when I ask.....what the hell is that supposed to mean?????

What's to ask... look at the other QBs in the AFC at that time... Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rothlisberger, etc (how many drop outs did it take to get him there?)...look at his stats... 3800 yards passing, 20 passing TDs, 800 yards rushing, 9 rushing TDs... combined in both pro bowl seasons... lets not forget the 20 ints and 20 fumbles...

So yes, he somehow made 2 Pro Bowls...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Seriously? Laughing

I think it's very obvious and ragevsuall17 touched on it... his two "Pro-Bowl" seasons combined aren't even worth a single Pro-Bowl selection.

One season he threw for only 2,199 yards and had more INTs than TD passes [13 INTs, 12 TDs] with close to 50% completion and the other season he only had 1,879 passing yards, 10 TD passes and 7 INTs.

That is pretty unbelievable he made one and let alone two Pro-Bowls.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

No, you really only speak for yourself.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Seriously? Laughing

I think it's very obvious and ragevsuall17 touched on it... his two "Pro-Bowl" seasons combined aren't even worth a single Pro-Bowl selection.

One season he threw for only 2,199 yards and had more INTs than TD passes [13 INTs, 12 TDs] with close to 50% completion and the other season he only had 1,879 passing yards, 10 TD passes and 7 INTs.

That is pretty unbelievable he made one and let alone two Pro-Bowls.

-Hope- wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

No, you really only speak for yourself.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ^^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy trails dude. Maybe he can spend more time with the McNair boys since he will be a "ambassador" for the University of Texas. Plenty of free time with that gig. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
moonman3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

62% win percentage as a starter. I'll always feel like we did him wrong. Vince could play ball, its a chame Jeff Fisher essentially blacklisted him out of the NFL. Best qb we have had since McNair. Interesting to think what would have happened had McNair not passed away being a mentor to Vince and all.
lamont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonman3 wrote:
62% win percentage as a starter. I'll always feel like we did him wrong. Vince could play ball, its a chame Jeff Fisher essentially blacklisted him out of the NFL. Best qb we have had since McNair. Interesting to think what would have happened had McNair not passed away being a mentor to Vince and all.

Sadly I don't think Steve could have been much of a mentor at the time of his death, his life was out of control. There was a rumor that Fish wanted to bring him on as a coach with his staff but never did. I believe he heard about how Steve was living his life at that point and didn't want that to reflect on his staff if Steve got in trouble again. JMO.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: