Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How good do you think Derek Carr will be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How good will Carr be in the NFL?
Elite starter
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Very good starter
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
Good starter
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Average starter
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Below average starter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Backup
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Complete bust
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 41

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
Right now I am fine with Carr sitting on the bench behind Schaub. Schaub has earned his oppurtunity to overcome a bad 2013 season and start for us.

Back to Carr, he put up tremendous numbers in Fresno State but the bad rap he got from being the brother of David Carr, who was a bust, dropped him into the 2nd round but it was great for us because we got Khalil Mack and Derek Carr without having to trade up for either one of them.

100% Agree
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
Right now I am fine with Carr sitting on the bench behind Schaub. Schaub has earned his oppurtunity to overcome a bad 2013 season and start for us.

Back to Carr, he put up tremendous numbers in Fresno State but the bad rap he got from being the brother of David Carr, who was a bust, dropped him into the 2nd round but it was great for us because we got Khalil Mack and Derek Carr without having to trade up for either one of them.

100% Agree

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mack and Carr are two of the best five players from this years draft class when it's all said and done. We got the second best prospect in the class in Mack and the best quarterback in the class in Carr, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:

how did he do that?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in my final BB for who I wanted the Raiders to draft, Mack was either 1 or 2 (Clowney), and Carr was 4 behind Donald. Super pleased with this years draft. Only other thing that would have made it perfect would have been Allen Robinson dropping to our 3rd round pick.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I think in my final BB for who I wanted the Raiders to draft, Mack was either 1 or 2 (Clowney), and Carr was 4 behind Donald. Super pleased with this years draft. Only other thing that would have made it perfect would have been Allen Robinson dropping to our 3rd round pick.

I think that we hit the nail on the head with this years draft, especially our first three picks. We got one of, if not the, best defensive players/pass rushers in the class, the best quarterback in the class, and a guard that should be a starter here for the next decade. Very solid haul. If you would've told me that we'd end up with Mack, Carr, and Jackson with our first three picks a month before the draft there's no way that I would have believed you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

how did he do that?

With years of solid play in the seasons before that when Houston's route concepts weren't so abysmally simple that opposing DBs could read them in their sleep.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:

Pretty sure it was his terrible footwear and his ability to crumble badly under pressure that was more of reason he dropped to the second round, and not just his surname.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

Pretty sure it was his terrible footwear and his ability to crumble badly under pressure that was more of reason he dropped to the second round, and not just his surname.

Because of his footwear he dropped to the 2nd round, man that's harsh. What was he wearing? Hi-Tec, Dunlop, Slazenger, Lonsdale?
#clueless
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

how did he do that?

Pro Bowl x 2
Pro Bowl MVP
Lifetime passer rating of 89.8

Schaub has the resume to have earned the right to come in as the consensus starter. With that said I have a HUGE caveat, I am very very concerned that Schaub no longer has the arm strength to throw the ball outside the hash-marks down field and has been relying far too much on his outlets options (namely TEs and short outs) and opponents are jumping those routes.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

Because of his footwear he dropped to the 2nd round, man that's harsh. What was he wearing? Hi-Tec, Dunlop, Slazenger, Lonsdale?

I think he had British knights on.....in that bowl game I saw him wearing LA Gear (the ones the light up when you step) lol
true2form

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

I think he had British knights on.....in that bowl game I saw him wearing LA Gear (the ones the light up when you step) lol

I was gonna say LA Gear, lol.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

Very Happy
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

how did he do that?

Pro Bowl x 2
Pro Bowl MVP

Schaub has the resume to have earned the right to come in as the consensus starter. With that said I have a HUGE caveat, I am very very concerned that Schaub no longer has the arm strength to throw the ball outside the hash-marks down field and has been relying far too much on his outlets options (namely TEs and short outs) and opponents are jumping those routes.

Agree with all except it is a what have you done for me lately league. I think he will struggle like mcnabb did when he left phi.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

how did he do that?

Pro Bowl x 2
Pro Bowl MVP

Agree with all except it is a what have you done for me lately league. I think he will struggle like mcnabb did when he left phi.
McNabb was finished when he left Philly it was obvious to me. Shaub looks like he has something left in the tank and he isn't solely responsible for HOU meltdown.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: