Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Flowers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report CB Rankings

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

2 Years Ago Casey Heyward was in the top 10

Brandin Flowers = 80

So who wants to dump a #20 rated for a #80 rated ?

You can say that is just the Bleacher Report but they are not that far off as compared to any other ranking agency.
gizmo2012

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

Brandin Flowers = 80

You can say that is just the Bleacher Report but they are not that far off as compared to any other ranking agency.
gizmo2012

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

Brandin Flowers = 80

gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that but it wouldn't connect so I pressed the go button 3 times.
strat1080

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

Brandin Flowers = 80

That's just a one year ranking though. Flowers had a rough year in a new defensive scheme. The problem with Tramon is that he just isn't consistent. He has a good year like one out of every three seasons.

Sorry dude but the information you posted does not convince e that Tramon is better than Flowers. Brandon Flowers is a much more proven player than Tramon. He's also significantly younger at a position in which age is pretty important.
Revel8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some very CB-needy teams out there. The Packers aren't one of them. Green Bay would probably end up being outbid for Flowers if they tried to go after him.
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to remember is why would he want to come to GB?

Tramon Williams isn't going to the bench and he isn't being cut.
Shields is going to play a lot.
Hayward is going to play a lot.
Staff said they want to find ways to keep Hyde on the field.

So I just don't see how Flowers would get any playing time. So again, I can't see that he would want to come to GB.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

Brandin Flowers = 80

That's just a one year ranking though. Flowers had a rough year in a new defensive scheme. The problem with Tramon is that he just isn't consistent. He has a good year like one out of every three seasons.

Sorry dude but the information you posted does not convince e that Tramon is better than Flowers. Brandon Flowers is a much more proven player than Tramon. He's also significantly younger at a position in which age is pretty important.

Why would you assume Flowers wouldn't have a rough year in a new defensive scheme with the Packers. Flowers is smaller than what Capers wants in a corner, and if they signed him long germ does that mean that either Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb can not be signed long term. Flowers is a very good CB but so are Williams, Shields, Hyde, and Heyward. It really comes down to scheme and money and at barley 5'9" Flowers may be better suited elsewhere, especially in the NFC North with all of those huge receivers. .
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is flowers shrinking. He's 5 8 now but 5096 at the combine
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

They let him stand on his tip-toes for the measurement Laughing

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

They let him stand on his tip-toes for the measurement Laughing

Literally was going to type that identical thing but I was on my phone and got lazy.

Measured exactly that at the pro day.

I was discussing this on another site and someone said "He's 5 7 MAYBE 5 8, on a good day, he's not close to his listed 5 9, let's be real."

When I posted the combine measurement he said

"They fudge those things all the time"

Yeah, they fudge the combine height and weights. My gosh people.

Not to be that guy, speaking PURELY in general, not advocated the signing, not talking as a GB fan but it feels like everything that 90% of posters talking around the web about this guy know was either read in an article about his release or his listed height.

I don't recall anyone 2 years ago going "man that Brandon Flowers sure stinks because he's too short!" There's an automatic assumption (in general, obviously everyone is cut for some reason or another) that the guy just can't play if he was released and they latch on to the first thing they com across.

Gotta believe almost everyone dogging the kid wasn't breaking Chiefs DB tape last year to get the 411 on how Flowers was doing.

But ya read it in print, so it's gotta be true.
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.

Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.

What bothers me about Tramon, and I do think it was because he was coming off the shoulder but he was pretty bad there for a while, but he's been good to end the year. Now the assumption is, well obviously he's just going to keep playing like that. And I'm just not convinced of that.

And hell, I'd call myself a Tramon guy.

I'm not saying OMG get Flowers, but I do like BF. I really do.

I pretty much agree with everything here.

Also, I'm not trying to say run out and get Flowers. However, I think there are still a lot of questions to be answered on our secondary and the jury is still out. It certainly is exciting and gives me hope going into the new year and I can't wait to see how that plays out but to laugh someone off for bringing up Brandon Flowers as a potential suitor who wouldn't hurt our comp pick simply because our secondary is "deep" on paper isn't exactly fair to the OP. (This isn't directed at you Norm just the thread in general)

I'm in the same boat. Our secondary is nothing but potential right now. I don't understand the sentiment that our corner group is deep or set. A lot of question marks. We have Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, and Hyde. Pretty much unproven guys. I think there is a little bit of overhyping going on in this thread talking about a Top 5 secondary and such. Shields and Williams are the veterans but its not like they've consistently played at a high level. We have a talented corner group for sure but there are plenty of question marks.

No one has said top 5 in this thread. Feel free to go through the list and give us your opinion of where this group stands.

If you're expecting any positional group to have no question marks, your expectations are retarded.

It's posts like these that make it hard to ever take you seriously. Just blatant disrespect for anyone that disagrees with you.

There's a difference between having no question marks and having question marks surround almost your entire secondary.

1. Sam Shields - He has been unable to consistently be the guy. Look at his track record there's still numerous of questions regarding this kid and even more so now that he signed that contract.

2. Tramon Williams - Since his injury he's only shown us flashes of his pre-injury form and has never really been able to put it together for an entire season since.

3. Casey Hayward - Solid rookie season but again he's coming off a lost season last year due to injury. Does he put it together coming into his Junior season or does he have a Tramon Williams effect?

4. Micah Hyde - Pretty solid season last year on all accounts but again it's 1 year. Still plenty of work to do for this kid.

5. Haha-Clinton Dix - He hasn't even played in a real NFL game yet.

6. Morgan Burnette - His best seasons were when he played along side Nick Collins. Not so many questions here the kid can play but I think that depends a lot on how the guys around him play.

7. Davon House - Pretty much Tramon Williams with out us ever getting to see him pre-injury form. Love the potential but literally there's nothing to go off here and LOTS of questions.

So yes while it's unrealistic to expect there to be no questions in a positional group. It's not unrealistic to discuss a player who could potentially be an upgrade with a positional group that is cluttered with questions.

So before you jump on the see it my way or you're retarded bandwagon. How about you allow people who actually enjoy discussing not only the game of football but potential roster adjustments to discuss it while leaving the I like to hear myself talk posts to yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Shields, he's only been playing CB for a few years. His progress has been incredible. His best football is still ahead of him.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Davon House - Pretty much Tramon Williams with out us ever getting to see him pre-injury form. Love the potential but literally there's nothing to go off here and LOTS of questions.

Agree with your comment on that poster who regularly bullies people with pejoratives like "retarded", but Davon House isn't close to being in the same class as Tramon Williams, or Shields for that matter. What permanent injury caused him to not reach his potential. (I remember he was hurt one year; just don't recall if was collarbone or shoulder.)

On Flowers. It's a non-starter. First he's way too small/short to play CB for Ted Thompson. (Don't really care what Capers' size necessities are. Thompson favored taller/heavier players at CB long before old '20% success ratio' came along to coordinate for the Packers.)
Then, there's the excellent depth at the CB position in GB.
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
Quote:

Agree with your comment on that poster who regularly bullies people with pejoratives like "retarded", but Davon House isn't close to being in the same class as Tramon Williams, or Shields for that matter. What permanent injury caused him to not reach his potential. (I remember he was hurt one year; just don't recall if was collarbone or shoulder.)

On Flowers. It's a non-starter. First he's way too small/short to play CB for Ted Thompson. (Don't really care what Capers' size necessities are. Thompson favored taller/heavier players at CB long before old '20% success ratio' came along to coordinate for the Packers.)
Then, there's the excellent depth at the CB position in GB.

I didn't compare him to Tramon Williams for the sake of talent. I compared him to Tramon Williams due to injury and then stated except we've never seen what he could do pre-injury form. I like House like I stated but there's 100+ questions surrounding him Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: