Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Flowers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nick_gb


Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 469
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6484
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


How many secondaries in the league would you trade for ours? I said that at best we're the 6th best group and at worst we're the 13th.


Falcons: Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Josh Wilson, William Moore, Dwight Lowery

Panthers: Melvin White, Antoine Cason, Josh Norman, Robert Lester, Thomas Decoud
Bears: Tim Jennings, Charles Tillman, Kyle Fuller, Ryan Mundy, Chris Conte


Cowboys: Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick, BW Webb, JJ Wilcox, Barry Church

Lions: Darius Slay, Bill Bentley, Rashean Mathis, James Ihedigbo, Glober Quin

Texans: Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, DJ Swearinger, Kendrick Lewis/Chris Clemons
Colts: Greg Toler, Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, Mike Adams, Laron Lanadry
Jaguars: Alan Ball, Dwayne Gratz, Mike Harris, Josh Evans, Jonathan Cyprien
Chiefs: Sean Smith, Chris Owens, Sanders Commings/Phillip Gaines, Eric Berry, Husain Abdullah
Dolphins: Brent Grimes, Cortland Finnegan, Jamar Taylor, Reshad Jones, Jimmy Wilson
Vikings: Captain Munnerlyn, Xavier Rhodes, Josh Robinson, Harrison Smith, Jamarca Sanford


Jets: Dee Milliner, Dimitri Patterson, Kyle Wilson, Calvin Pryor, Antonio Allen
Raiders: DJ Hayden, Carlos Rodgers, Tarell Brown, Tyvon Branch, Charles Woodson
Eagles: Cary Williams, Brdley Fletcher, Brandon Boykin, Nate Allen, Malcolm Jenkins
Steelers: William Gay, Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, Mike Mitchell, Troy Polamalu
Chargers: Jason Verrett, Shareece Wright, Richard Marshall, Marcus Gilchrist, Eric Weddle
49ers: Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, Jimmie Ward, Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea

Rams: Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, Lamarcus Joyner, TJ McDonald, Rodney McLeod

Titans: Jason McCourty, Blidi Wreh Wilson, Coty Sensabaugh, Bernard Pollard, Michael Griffin
Redskins: Deangelo Hall, David Amerson, Tracy Porter, Brandon Meriweather, Ryan Clark


Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, Antonio Cromartie, Tyrann Mathieu, Deone Bucannon, Rashad Johnson
Bengals: Terrance Newman, Adam Jones/Darqueze Dennard, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, George Iloka
Browns: Joe Haden, Justin Gilbert, Leon McFadden, Donte Whitner, Tashaun Gipson
Patriots: Darrelle Revis, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Devin McCorty, Duron Harmon
Seahawks: Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Jeremy Lane, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor

Packers: Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett, HaHa Clinton-Dix/Micah Hyde


Broncos: Aqib Talib, Bradley Roby, Chris Harris, TJ Ward, Rahim Moore
Ravens: Ladarius Webb, Jimmy Smith, Chykie Brown, Matt Elam, Darian Stewart
Bills: Leodis McKelvin, Stephon Gilmore, Corey Graham, Aaron Williams, Da'Norris Searcy
Saints: Champ Bailey, Keenan Lewis, Patrick Robinson, Kenny Vaccaro, Jairus Byrd
Giants: DRC, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond, Antrel Roole, Quintin Demps
Bucs: Alterraun Verner, Johnthan Banks, Mike Jenkins, Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson
_________________
Remember who you are dealing with:
AaronCharles wrote:
I have to say, I see no way we don't start 1-4, with our schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your top 5 AG. I wanna see if it's similar to mine.
_________________
Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6484
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
What's your top 5 AG. I wanna see if it's similar to mine.


Seahawks
Cardinals
Browns
Patriots
Bengals

Don't ask me the order I'd put them in, it changes every half hour.
_________________
Remember who you are dealing with:
AaronCharles wrote:
I have to say, I see no way we don't start 1-4, with our schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1912
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
What's your top 5 AG. I wanna see if it's similar to mine.


Seahawks
Cardinals
Browns
Patriots
Bengals

Don't ask me the order I'd put them in, it changes every half hour.


HUGE fan of what ARI has. Just seeing it in writing had me drooling.
_________________
Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.


What bothers me about Tramon, and I do think it was because he was coming off the shoulder but he was pretty bad there for a while, but he's been good to end the year. Now the assumption is, well obviously he's just going to keep playing like that. And I'm just not convinced of that.

And hell, I'd call myself a Tramon guy.

I'm not saying OMG get Flowers, but I do like BF. I really do.
_________________
Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.
Thompson is pretty close with the KC GM... so I'm sure he has access to all the info he needs to make a decision on Flowers.

I'd also suspect Thompson views the CB depth much differently than some of the fans here have averred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick_gb


Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 469
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.


What bothers me about Tramon, and I do think it was because he was coming off the shoulder but he was pretty bad there for a while, but he's been good to end the year. Now the assumption is, well obviously he's just going to keep playing like that. And I'm just not convinced of that.

And hell, I'd call myself a Tramon guy.

I'm not saying OMG get Flowers, but I do like BF. I really do.


I pretty much agree with everything here.

Also, I'm not trying to say run out and get Flowers. However, I think there are still a lot of questions to be answered on our secondary and the jury is still out. It certainly is exciting and gives me hope going into the new year and I can't wait to see how that plays out but to laugh someone off for bringing up Brandon Flowers as a potential suitor who wouldn't hurt our comp pick simply because our secondary is "deep" on paper isn't exactly fair to the OP. (This isn't directed at you Norm just the thread in general)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattwaukee


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres jus no room for him on this depth chart I don't why some of you are trying to force him in. Wouldn't want him and tramon hitting FA market at the exact same time as well, not really that great of a fit either way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1912
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick_gb wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.


What bothers me about Tramon, and I do think it was because he was coming off the shoulder but he was pretty bad there for a while, but he's been good to end the year. Now the assumption is, well obviously he's just going to keep playing like that. And I'm just not convinced of that.

And hell, I'd call myself a Tramon guy.

I'm not saying OMG get Flowers, but I do like BF. I really do.


I pretty much agree with everything here.

Also, I'm not trying to say run out and get Flowers. However, I think there are still a lot of questions to be answered on our secondary and the jury is still out. It certainly is exciting and gives me hope going into the new year and I can't wait to see how that plays out but to laugh someone off for bringing up Brandon Flowers as a potential suitor who wouldn't hurt our comp pick simply because our secondary is "deep" on paper isn't exactly fair to the OP. (This isn't directed at you Norm just the thread in general)


I'm in the same boat. Our secondary is nothing but potential right now. I don't understand the sentiment that our corner group is deep or set. A lot of question marks. We have Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, and Hyde. Pretty much unproven guys. I think there is a little bit of overhyping going on in this thread talking about a Top 5 secondary and such. Shields and Williams are the veterans but its not like they've consistently played at a high level. We have a talented corner group for sure but there are plenty of question marks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6484
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
Nick_gb wrote:
Not exactly sure how people can say we're deep at CB. Not to be that guy and not to say that I want Flowers but at the same time there are still question marks.

Tramon Williams keeps showing flashes of his former self but flashes don't earn you the Salary he's getting and he's getting up there in age.

Casey Hayward is coming off injury looked real good his Rookie Season but let's see how his 3rd year plays out considering he didn't play last year.

Davon House is constantly injured.

Sam Shields just got paid but let's not forget he seems like an on again and off again player love the kid but a year to year consistency isn't something he's shown.

Still several questions marks here in my opinion. Enough to not use the word "deep" when talking about our secondary.


Yeah I don't get it either. We could bring in Flowers for what we're giving Tramon and he's a younger more proven player. Tramon Williams is basically a one year wonder and we're paying him some pretty decent coin. He hasn't played at anywhere near the level of that 2010 season which got him a huge contract.


What bothers me about Tramon, and I do think it was because he was coming off the shoulder but he was pretty bad there for a while, but he's been good to end the year. Now the assumption is, well obviously he's just going to keep playing like that. And I'm just not convinced of that.

And hell, I'd call myself a Tramon guy.

I'm not saying OMG get Flowers, but I do like BF. I really do.


I pretty much agree with everything here.

Also, I'm not trying to say run out and get Flowers. However, I think there are still a lot of questions to be answered on our secondary and the jury is still out. It certainly is exciting and gives me hope going into the new year and I can't wait to see how that plays out but to laugh someone off for bringing up Brandon Flowers as a potential suitor who wouldn't hurt our comp pick simply because our secondary is "deep" on paper isn't exactly fair to the OP. (This isn't directed at you Norm just the thread in general)


I'm in the same boat. Our secondary is nothing but potential right now. I don't understand the sentiment that our corner group is deep or set. A lot of question marks. We have Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, and Hyde. Pretty much unproven guys. I think there is a little bit of overhyping going on in this thread talking about a Top 5 secondary and such. Shields and Williams are the veterans but its not like they've consistently played at a high level. We have a talented corner group for sure but there are plenty of question marks.


No one has said top 5 in this thread. Feel free to go through the list and give us your opinion of where this group stands.

If you're expecting any positional group to have no question marks, your expectations are retarded.
_________________
Remember who you are dealing with:
AaronCharles wrote:
I have to say, I see no way we don't start 1-4, with our schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14372
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
strat1080 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Our secondary is nothing but potential right now. I don't understand the sentiment that our corner group is deep or set. A lot of question marks. We have Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, and Hyde. Pretty much unproven guys. I think there is a little bit of overhyping going on in this thread talking about a Top 5 secondary and such. Shields and Williams are the veterans but its not like they've consistently played at a high level. We have a talented corner group for sure but there are plenty of question marks.


No one has said top 5 in this thread. Feel free to go through the list and give us your opinion of where this group stands.

If you're expecting any positional group to have no question marks, your expectations are retarded.


Really? You must have a better vocabulary than that. You need to come up with a better way of disagreeing with other posters opinions or it will cost you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report CB Rankings

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

2 Years Ago Casey Heyward was in the top 10

Brandin Flowers = 80

So who wants to dump a #20 rated for a #80 rated ?

You can say that is just the Bleacher Report but they are not that far off as compared to any other ranking agency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report CB Rankings

Tramon Williams = 20
Micah Hyde = 24
Sam Shields = 35

2 Years Ago Casey Heyward was in the top 10

Brandin Flowers = 80

So who wants to dump a #20 rated for a #80 rated ?

You can say that is just the Bleacher Report but they are not that far off as compared to any other ranking agency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group