Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Flowers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenReign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

The Chiefs for some stupid reason cut Brandon Flowers today, so I was thinking if it would be worth while to try to sign him? TT has been active this offseason, by TT standards. Flowers is an exceptional tackler, and pretty damn good in coverage, and comes from a similar system. It would give us 4 pretty good CB's, with Tramon, Shields, Hayward, and Flowers. Flowers, could also play safety in our SUB packages. I also think he could help to contain the edges, since he is such a great tackler, which would obviously help against the read option...

So what do you guys think? If we can get him on a reasonable deal, why not?
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd kick the tires, maybe he'll take the vet minimum. Would be a good mentor for the younger guys. He's definitely Packer people.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone fill me in on what happened to him? wasn't he supposed to be a borderline top 5 CB a couple of years ago? is it strictly money or?

El Ramster on the amazing work
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he had an off year last year in a new scheme, but other than that I don't know why he would be outright cut.

For everybody that says, "Thompson would never..." you gotta remember that Flowers was cut, so if we signed him it wouldn't factor in to compensatory selections next year. It's more likely than other free agents.

All that said, our corners are deep. Really deep. Shields and Williams on the outside, Hayward and Hyde on the inside with House as an outside backup... I think we're set at corner.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money at CB is maxed. You've got a player who could be a great role guy down the road in Hyde and we're already struggling to find a spot for him. If he played OC, DL or TE I'd be all over it, DB is not a spot we have room.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I'd kick the tires, maybe he'll take the vet minimum. Would be a good mentor for the younger guys. He's definitely Packer people.

I think you've got everything covered. Laughing
Nick da Pick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I know he had an off year last year in a new scheme, but other than that I don't know why he would be outright cut.

For everybody that says, "Thompson would never..." you gotta remember that Flowers was cut, so if we signed him it wouldn't factor in to compensatory selections next year. It's more likely than other free agents.

All that said, our corners are deep. Really deep. Shields and Williams on the outside, Hayward and Hyde on the inside with House as an outside backup... I think we're set at corner.

They need to extend Smith/Houston, and cutting Flowers relieves a good chunk of cap space. I expect an extension to be announced pretty soon.
CobbsNRodgers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will command a decent price. I don't think we have the wiggle room. If this was next year, and Tramon was gonna walk, it would be a different story.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CobbsNRodgers wrote:
I think he will command a decent price. I don't think we have the wiggle room. If this was next year, and Tramon was gonna walk, it would be a different story.

that's what i was wondering

could very well be the deangelo hall situation where he gets cut by oakland and then just turns around and signs for bank in washington

i think that will be the case.

ironically, wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with oakland.

El Ramster on the amazing work
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
can someone fill me in on what happened to him? wasn't he supposed to be a borderline top 5 CB a couple of years ago? is it strictly money or?

he'nah'good

at least by the standards he had set on him.

we're more than good with Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, ~Hyde, Goodson. no part of me is interested. Some team gonna be silly and throw like 6-7m a year at him I bet.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL, CAR, DET best landing spots probably, imo.
CobbsNRodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
ATL, CAR, DET best landing spots probably, imo.

He feels like a Bronco signing to me( i guess anyone at this point would be a Bronco signing). I am pretty sure they don't have a dime to spend though.
green 01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerjmf wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

I think you've got everything covered. Laughing

He almost had everything covered.... But then my aunt's nephew saw him at a bake sale that wasn't at the church, but was advertised at the church. I'm pretty sure he'll be signing in the next few days. If he hasn't already signed weeks ago and Ted been using this whole "world cup" thing as a smoke screen. That silver fox

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of coming in to be upset that someone started a thread about a player that it'd make little sense to sign, just ignore the thread.

We're set at Corner. No thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: