Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Visits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenboots

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Training Camp Visits Reply with quote

I am planning on visiting training camp this year with my daughter and was wondered if any of you have any tips for me.

Is there any certain day to attend that is the best? Do you get autograph opportunities on most days?

I want this to be a memorable experience for my daughter so any helpful info would be appreciated.

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to take my son, everyday is pretty busy.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyday is packed, pending weather. Best day I went was when it was raining and it cut out about 25% of the people...still alot though.

Also, all I can say is watch your kids carefully and be "respectfully aggressive" when trying to get an autograph.

Meaning...there are alot of idiots that go down there and Ive seen grown men shove kids out of the way in an attempt to get autographs, and they will definitely take advantage of you if they think they can skip you or get in front of you without fear or reprisal. Back in 2007 I went down with a few buddies and these two idiots kept trying to get in front of us. One guy even try to basically plow his way between me and my buddy and we pushed him back. He then started threatening us. Shortly after, a cop came by and he kicked that guy out and told him not to come back...I guess he was skipping past everyone and someone told the cop He told us he would be waiting for us in the parking lot, but he wasnt there.

Again...the moral of the story is, there are quite a few idiots that go there. Most of the people are fine and most of the idiots you probably wont run into, but all it takes is a couple to ruin a great day.

Hope you enjoy it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Everyday is packed, pending weather. Best day I went was when it was raining and it cut out about 25% of the people...still alot though.

Also, all I can say is watch your kids carefully and be "respectfully aggressive" when trying to get an autograph.

Meaning...there are alot of idiots that go down there and Ive seen grown men shove kids out of the way in an attempt to get autographs, and they will definitely take advantage of you if they think they can skip you or get in front of you without fear or reprisal. Back in 2007 I went down with a few buddies and these two idiots kept trying to get in front of us. One guy even try to basically plow his way between me and my buddy and we pushed him back. He then started threatening us. Shortly after, a cop came by and he kicked that guy out and told him not to come back...I guess he was skipping past everyone and someone told the cop He told us he would be waiting for us in the parking lot, but he wasnt there.

Again...the moral of the story is, there are quite a few idiots that go there. Most of the people are fine and most of the idiots you probably wont run into, but all it takes is a couple to ruin a great day.

Hope you enjoy it.

That was you?! Twisted Evil And no I didn't wait for you in the parking lot. Why would wait just for someone to kick my @*%#?

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Hope you enjoy it.

That was you?! Twisted Evil And no I didn't wait for you in the parking lot. Why would wait just for someone to kick my @*%#?

I imagine our epic throwdown would go something like this....

That's me in the orange shirt, and I would put you down with my deadly forehead slap.

Evil or Very Mad

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my son last year, he had so much for for a 1 year old lol.

I definitely plan to get down there at least once, I'd like to make the trip twice but we'll see. I usually go on weekends, so I'll have to look at the schedule. I don't mind how busy it is, I have tons of fun just being there.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
tenboots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on attending camp on Thursday and Friday. How long does practice generally last??

Is there a better spot than most to watch practice, get autographs etc??

I need intel folks. lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going this Sunday. This is about to be my first time going to any training camp in general. Do I need tickets? Do I just show up?

Also, I'm from VA so if you guys had any suggestions for any place in/around Latrobe to eat for lunch I'd appreciate it Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: