Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ever go heads up with a Raider? (my story)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: ever go heads up with a Raider? (my story) Reply with quote

I'm not one to brag boys, but I wanted to hear anyones story. If anyone ever competed against Raiders in their past. Well I have a story to tell. See I'm from the central valley in a small farming community of Hanford. I use to play high school the safety position. I could have been d1 bound if it wasn't for an knee injury. (lol I'm joking about that). I was strictly a prep safety at 5'7 150 all heart and speed type of player. Well I also played special teams. One friday night we went against Lemoore Tigers. They had a 5star prospect that ever knew who he was. He played returner, safety, wide reciever 6'4 215 David Ausberry(we are the same age). One play in particular I'll never forget. A kick off, good ole Ausberry got the ball on a kick off. I fly to the ball. Around the 40 yard mark Ausberry blocking set up open space for him to turn on the burners. I was the only man able to save touch.. This big guy was flying straight at me, as if time frooze. It was Ausberry vs Me. I had to turn to my inner instincts and just do things right. I went full throttle and aimed for the lower body. Suddenly, I seen a huge stiff arm come at me as a I approached the all american. it happened so fast, my eyes closed for a second and boom. I opened my eyes to see me on the ground but so was Ausberry. We lost the game 43-0 but I tackled a Raider. anyone else have any experiences against a Raider
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: ever go heads up with a Raider? (my story) Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
I'm not one to brag boys, but I wanted to hear anyones story. If anyone ever competed against Raiders in their past. Well I have a story to tell. See I'm from the central valley in a small farming community of Hanford. I use to play high school the safety position. I could have been d1 bound if it wasn't for an knee injury. (lol I'm joking about that). I was strictly a prep safety at 5'7 150 all heart and speed type of player. Well I also played special teams. One friday night we went against Lemoore Tigers. They had a 5star prospect that ever knew who he was. He played returner, safety, wide reciever 6'4 215 David Ausberry(we are the same age). One play in particular I'll never forget. A kick off, good ole Ausberry got the ball on a kick off. I fly to the ball. Around the 40 yard mark Ausberry blocking set up open space for him to turn on the burners. I was the only man able to save touch.. This big guy was flying straight at me, as if time frooze. It was Ausberry vs Me. I had to turn to my inner instincts and just do things right. I went full throttle and aimed for the lower body. Suddenly, I seen a huge stiff arm come at me as a I approached the all american. it happened so fast, my eyes closed for a second and boom. I opened my eyes to see me on the ground but so was Ausberry. We lost the game 43-0 but I tackled a Raider. anyone else have any experiences against a Raider

lol..good story..I never went head up with a raider. I have always loved football, but never played organized. I played D1 soccer, and played against a few people who went pro.

-I HAVE been playing flag football for about 8 years though. I have a lot of fun with it. I had a guy on my team who currently plays on the Detriot Lions (this was during HS about 7 years ago).
-had another guy on my flag football team who started for OU when they won a national championship
-my brother played flag football with JERRY PORTER (like 6 months ago) lol..he kept telling me that Porter was going to be on the team…and I kept calling him a liar…but he was. Porter played mostly QB.
101Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a story, but apparently I played against MJD's team. I don't recall anything specific with him though. I do remember getting destroyed by his teammate DJ Williams (who was a baller at RB during HS). I was supposed to "shadow him" and got burned, trucked, juked... you name it.
GoldieLocksDown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ever go heads up with a Raider? (my story) Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

lol..good story..I never went head up with a raider. I have always loved football, but never played organized. I played D1 soccer, and played against a few people who went pro.

-I HAVE been playing flag football for about 8 years though. I have a lot of fun with it. I had a guy on my team who currently plays on the Detriot Lions (this was during HS about 7 years ago).
-had another guy on my flag football team who started for OU when they won a national championship
-my brother played flag football with JERRY PORTER (like 6 months ago) lol..he kept telling me that Porter was going to be on the team…and I kept calling him a liar…but he was. Porter played mostly QB.

Is your brother Bilal?

I played on that team with Jerry Porter, he didn't play qb he played we, and he was very big and way slower than I expected.
Totty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played for Oswego high school when Tyvon Branch was at CNS (Cicero-North Syracuse). I don't think he was playing while I was though. I was a grade or so ahead of him.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played against Steve Smith(USC, NYG) went 1-on1 with him..gave up 3 catches on my side...

played vs a few NFL players, HS Football in So.Cal is pretty competitive...
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only gone up against MLB/MILB players since baseball was my thing. The only familiar names that I've played against is LHP Rob Rasmussen, RHP Addison Reed, 3B Matt Davidson

#socalbaseballlol

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played any pro football players. However I did play aau ball against Eric Gordon back in the day. We actually played them somewhat competitive but lost, and EG put on. Also played pickup against Mike Conley and Greg Oden (not nearly as competitive).

I have also boxed against more then a few established professional boxers (in sparring seasons).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Raider, but Star Lotulelei. I didnt go against him, but i was his QB in a pick up game with all my Tongan buddies. Several of them played up at Utah.

Twice during that game i threw him a 40+ yard ball in the air and he caught it full speed with his hands stretched out. The guy is a hell of an athlete for his size(though he was a little smaller back then). This was between his sophomore and Jr year. He told me he was transferring to Utah instead of going to BYU where he originally committed before having to go to JC Snow College.

Ive hung out with Chris and Maake Kemoeatu. Their roomate Ed Taamu was my bowling partner in college at Utah. Ed was drafted in the 4th round to the Vikings, but really did anything.

Sigged by Jamison
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also played basketball with a couple Fresno State Basketball players..just pick up games at the gym.. no one who ever made it to the league.a bunch of nice humble guys. played one short game with greg smith... i think he plays with the bulls now. always wanted to run into paul george at the gym but has never happened.
StocktonSav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Raider but went to school with Brandon Cooks. Fastest person I have ever seen up close. Good guy too, real humble. Glad to see someone like him make it. Never went head up with him but probably for the best, woulda been toast
He went to our rival high school and was a few years older but Doug Martin was a monster also.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StocktonSav wrote:
Not a Raider but went to school with Brandon Cooks. Fastest person I have ever seen up close. Good guy too, real humble. Glad to see someone like him make it. Never went head up with him but probably for the best, woulda been toast
He went to our rival high school and was a few years older but Doug Martin was a monster also.
cooks is my lil cousin

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
StocktonSav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
StocktonSav wrote:
cooks is my lil cousin

Nice. Kinda funny, Lincoln and St. Marys are traditionally the only competitive programs in the area but for whatever reason Edison seems to turn out the most pros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StocktonSav wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
StocktonSav wrote:
cooks is my lil cousin

Nice. Kinda funny, Lincoln and St. Marys are traditionally the only competitive programs in the area but for whatever reason Edison seems to turn out the most pros
yea and delta jc used to be a hot spot for nfl talent. Both my parents and lil bro went to Edison

on / off topic he isnt a raider but i lumped up james loney before he left cali so i guess we went head up or knuckle up

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played with any Raiders but as I have said before I played in what was the Pac 10 with RB Leonard Russell, RB Mario Bates, CB Phillipe Sparks (Jordan Sparks dad), DE Shantee Carver (historically bad bust), FS Darren Woodson, QB Paul Justin, OL David Dixon, staff members: Lovie Smith & Mike Martz . . . . and we stunk, consistently.

Also QB Garret McGee was on that team. Remember that name as he is highly respected in coaching ranks.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: