Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 63: Getting Fuzzy With It
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People tend to forget that Wade spends a ton of time hurt. I think Miami will be a better TEAM without LeBron. They got Deng and Granger in FA and added Napier in FA. If New York flops again, it's really easy to see a Miami-Cleveland matchup in the ECF.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
People tend to forget that Wade spends a ton of time hurt. I think Miami will be a better TEAM without LeBron. They got Deng and Granger in FA and added Napier in FA. If New York flops again, it's really easy to see a Miami-Cleveland matchup in the ECF.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on this site.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:

I'm not sure how you can say that, especially with what we saw in the NBA Finals. The Heat were essentially playing 2 on 5 most of the time, and that's probably being generous with how streaky a shooter that Chris Bosh was. After adding Paul Pierce, I honestly think the Wizards are ready to take that next step and I think they're the favorites in the Southeast division. It'll be close between the Heat and the Wizards, but you can't trust Dwyane Wade's body to hold up over the course of an entire season.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Kobe wasn't drafted by the Lakers though...

He essentially was. He told the Hornets that he wouldn't play for him, and if they drafted him that he'd play abroad. And he used that threat to get the Hornets to trade him to his destination. And you have to remember that at that point is was still taboo to take a high school kid in the draft, let alone early in the draft.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the note of LeBron, I thought what he did with "The Decision" was something he deserve to get blasted for. Even though he had good intentions with it, it was a slap in the face to the city of Cleveland and all the fans of the Cavaliers.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
My thoughts on Lebron's two free agency moves.

Captains don't flee sinking ships. Rats do.
So every FA is a rat according to this logic. Lebron did what he thought was best both times. Who's to judge what he personally thought was best for himself? I just don't get the hate players (from all leagues) receive when they leave a team they've been on for a long time. I've probably been a hater to a former Packer a time or two but I like to think I eventually came to my senses and realized it's a business and they have to live with their decisions, not us.

No. Not every FA is a rat. Not every FA is a captain though. Lebron is held to a different standard because he is an all time great player. I think he DID do what was best for him both times. I think he left a team he didn't have enough confidence he could lead to or be built around to win a championship both times. IMO he left Cleveland because he didn't think he could get it done there by himself and needed more help. IMO he left Miami because he didnt think the guys he hand picked would be enough again to help get him to more rings. IMO he was/is right both times. He left both teams after getting plastered in the finals. IMO thats when a truly great player/leader bucks up and makes it happen not walks out the door for greener pastures. I truly believe Bird, Magic, Jordan, and Kobe (the other greats of the free agency era) would all say "Line up any four guys next to me and I'll lead them to a championship." Whether they were right or wrong I respect that far more than the way I perceive Lebron to have gone about things. To me it's Lebron saying he's not enough to carry or will a team to championships and I agree with him.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
My thoughts on Lebron's two free agency moves.

Captains don't flee sinking ships. Rats do.
So every FA is a rat according to this logic. Lebron did what he thought was best both times. Who's to judge what he personally thought was best for himself? I just don't get the hate players (from all leagues) receive when they leave a team they've been on for a long time. I've probably been a hater to a former Packer a time or two but I like to think I eventually came to my senses and realized it's a business and they have to live with their decisions, not us.

No. Not every FA is a rat. Not every FA is a captain though. Lebron is held to a different standard because he is an all time great player. I think he DID do what was best for him both times. I think he left a team he didn't have enough confidence he could lead to or be built around to win a championship both times. IMO he left Cleveland because he didn't think he could get it done there by himself and needed more help. IMO he left Miami because he didnt think the guys he hand picked would be enough again to help get him to more rings. IMO he was/is right both times. He left both teams after getting plastered in the finals. IMO thats when a truly great player/leader bucks up and makes it happen not walks out the door for greener pastures. I truly believe Bird, Magic, Jordan, and Kobe (the other greats of the free agency era) would all say "Line up any four guys next to me and I'll lead them to a championship." Whether they were right or wrong I respect that far more than the way I perceive Lebron to have gone about things. To me it's Lebron saying he's not enough to carry or will a team to championships and I agree with him.

Well we know Kobe threatened to walk if the talent around him didn't improve.

Bird, Magic, and Jordan spent their entire career surrounded by HOF guys so we've never needed to test your theory.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeBron fulfilled the terms of his contract on both occasions. No holdouts, trade demands, etc.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/12/4233191/dan-le-batard-lebron-james-gave.html

Quote:
For four consecutive years unlike South Florida has ever seen, he made us totally and impossibly crazy.

And thatís how he left us, too.

Thank you for that, LeBron.

All of it.

Thank you.

That last line is what Miami fans should all be saying to LeBron.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to AG20 for trying to pump some blood back into this forum. I've been trying to post a little more to stimulate some discussion, but AG20 is providing some quality content. Thanks dude.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

Have you read my signature?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

Someone told me the other day that Cobb would have been cut by now if he didn't play with Rodgers.

True story. He was being serious too. FWIW, I did make fun of him for saying he thinks Theo Riddick is as good as Darren Sproles because he read it on Roto.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
Props to AG20 for trying to pump some blood back into this forum. I've been trying to post a little more to stimulate some discussion, but AG20 is providing some quality content. Thanks dude.
THIS. The only problem is that I have nothing to add
GreenMushroom56

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't seen this posted yet.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/columnists/vandermause/2014/07/12/vandermause-says-farewell-remember-just-game/12580037/

People Who Thought Clay Matthews III would bust.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMushroom56 wrote:
haven't seen this posted yet.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/columnists/vandermause/2014/07/12/vandermause-says-farewell-remember-just-game/12580037/

went to high school with his son

really nice kid, & knew a lot about baseball
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

Someone told me the other day that Cobb would have been cut by now if he didn't play with Rodgers.

True story. He was being serious too. FWIW, I did make fun of him for saying he thinks Theo Riddick is as good as Darren Sproles because he read it on Roto.

What did he mean by, "didn't play with Rodgers?" Like he just sits there and pouts? He certainly would have been cut.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 23 of 101

Jump to: