Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 63: Getting Fuzzy With It
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
^^^
I'm talking about a FA class getting together and collaborating where they play to create an All Star team. Kobe was drafted by the Lakers, they added the other 3 at different phases.

The hate for Miami building that team is so stupid. As if they're the first? The Celtics anyone? They were awful, but loaded the roster with 2 all stars and essentially "stacked" the team in the same way the Heat did. What's the difference? Miami had Wade, added 2 all-stars. Boston had Pierce, added 2 all-stars. 3 players does not = all-star team. 5 all-stars starting would be a dream team. Miami had average players at center and SG.

Miami = Wade + additions of Bosh and LeBron
Boston = Pierce + additions of Garnett and Allen

Yet I never hear anyone question Boston on cheating the system and building an all-star team. The hate on Lebron is absurd when Garnett is a bigger a-hole than anyone on Miami. Boston even marketed themselves as "The Big 3."

Y'all are silly.

R-E-L-A-X
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
^^^
I'm talking about a FA class getting together and collaborating where they play to create an All Star team. Kobe was drafted by the Lakers, they added the other 3 at different phases.

The hate for Miami building that team is so stupid. As if they're the first? The Celtics anyone? They were awful, but loaded the roster with 2 all stars and essentially "stacked" the team in the same way the Heat did. What's the difference? Miami had Wade, added 2 all-stars. Boston had Pierce, added 2 all-stars. 3 players does not = all-star team. 5 all-stars starting would be a dream team. Miami had average players at center and SG.

Yet I never hear anyone question Boston on cheating the system and building an all-star team. The hate on Lebron is absurd when Garnett is a bigger a-hole than anyone on Miami. Boston even marketed themselves as "The Big 3."

Y'all are silly.

Well to be fair, Ray Allen or Garnett didn't go on tv with their decision or proclaim 8-9(something like that) championships either. Bron-bron and them made a big show of things and weren't shy about thinking they were the best team ever assembled without even playing a game together, that's the difference.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
^^^

Y'all are silly.

Well to be fair, Ray Allen or Garnett didn't go on tv with their decision or proclaim 8-9(something like that) championships either. Bron-bron and them made a big show of things and weren't shy about thinking they were the best team ever assembled without even playing a game together, that's the difference.

Yeah, but it's entertainment. Stuff like that doesn't bother me. The city was hyped. He wanted to win and athletes say stuff like that all the time. I was at the Superbowl XLV "party" at Lambeau and Aaron said something like "And we're gonna be right here doing this again!" Most of the players remarked on how we were going right back the next year. It's just riling up the fanbase. The equivalent of players saying "*insert city* has the best fans in the league!" They weren't hurting the integrity of the game on the court. I thought "The Decision" was poorly done, but he was a young dude and I don't think he understood the ramifications of how bad it was going to make him look. He's a classy player on the court, he stays clean off of it, and has not started any trouble or damaged the game in any way. I honestly don't understand the hate for the guy in the same way I don't get the hate for Brady. Both are fierce competitors, but they play their respective games the right way. Winning a lot doesn't make you an evil person. Laughing

R-E-L-A-X
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobe wasn't drafted by the Lakers though...

"The Decision," and subsequent actions showed me all the LeBron I needed to see. I don't care if I'm labeled a "hater," because I don't like the guy. Is he good? Yes. Doesn't mean I gotta like him.

Also, I didn't like what the Celtics did with their big 3. I thought it was every bit as cowardly as what James and Bosh perpetrated. On the other hand, I have no problem with guys like Drexler, Malone or Payton chasing a ring late in their careers. They had led their teams to great records and deep playoff runs while in their prime but came up short. To me there is a big difference.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't even feel like reading through the crap people post Laughing

I would still marry you if you would have me jfin <3

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

"The Decision," and subsequent actions showed me all the LeBron I needed to see. I don't care if I'm labeled a "hater," because I don't like the guy. Is he good? Yes. Doesn't mean I gotta like him.

Also, I didn't like what the Celtics did with their big 3. I thought it was every bit as cowardly as what James and Bosh perpetrated. On the other hand, I have no problem with guys like Drexler, Malone or Payton chasing a ring late in their careers. They had led their teams to great records and deep playoff runs while in their prime but came up short. To me there is a big difference.

I hated LeBron, now I'm neutral. He clearly realized he messed up. NBA product got a lot better now.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is worth it's own thread, but apparently we are in talks with Jim Leonhard. I don't really care for the idea. Maybe a few years ago, but now I think anyone taking reps from HaHa or Hyde not named Seandre Richardson is counterproductive. I don't think old is the way to go (realizing he is indeed younger than I am). And as far as STs, I'd prefer Jarrett Bush.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364844/article/jim-leonhard-ive-had-conversations-with-packers?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I hated LeBron, now I'm neutral. He clearly realized he messed up. NBA product got a lot better now.

It is two-fold for me. His mistake was egregious, and gave me a feeling of: "this is everything wrong with sports." It also created one of the most obnoxious bandwagons seen in a while (Seattle Seahawks are quickly giving them a run for their money). And those two things combined prevent me from ever cheering for LeBron. I'm sure he's sleepless in his palace because I don't like him. Cheering for him is just something I can't bring myself to do.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I see the LeBron stances from every side. If you are a true Cavs fan, you would have every right to hate him. It hurts like hell when someone you have loved and defended in every argument, just turns their back on you and leaves.

But then there is LeBron's side. The front office never really brought anybody in to help him. He had never even won a single finals game. And the media garbage was getting out of hand, basically pinning all of Cleveland's postseason failures on him. Boston had their big 3, if he wanted to ever get past them, he would have to have his own big 3.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

If you haven't seen his growth since then, you're just not paying attention and are content being a hater. People change, but many people don't like to acknowledge change. Once you've made your judgment on a person, you'd rather not recognize that maybe they can grow as a person. It's possible. People do it.

He is not the same player nor the same person that he was during his first stint in Cleveland, or even in that first year in Miami. His mental breakdown against Dallas is all you need to look at.

He has handled himself like such a professional recently and is the perfect posterboy for the NBA. If you're still judging him like he's LeBron from 2010, that's foolish.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on Lebron's two free agency moves.

Captains don't flee sinking ships. Rats do.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NE Ohio has been a party the last 24 hours, thats for sure.

When LBJ left for Miami, i took up the OKC bandwagon. Figured they had the best chance of ruining his bid for not 6, not 7, ect.

What the Heat did over the last 4 years has been impressive, and im glad LeBron is back. What he does for the local economy is madness. Its good for Cleveland to have their King back, and this time, he did it with class.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

So, abolish free agency?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

Listen to wgbeethree everybody, Reggie White is a rat.

R-E-L-A-X
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

So every FA is a rat according to this logic. Lebron did what he thought was best both times. Who's to judge what he personally thought was best for himself? I just don't get the hate players (from all leagues) receive when they leave a team they've been on for a long time. I've probably been a hater to a former Packer a time or two but I like to think I eventually came to my senses and realized it's a business and they have to live with their decisions, not us.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 22 of 101

Jump to: