Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Rookie Talk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Seahawks Rookie Talk Reply with quote

We can just make this thread purely about talking about our rookies and stuff being said about them. So to start us off...

Quote:
Dion Bailey has certainly caught my eye, defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said. Ive been impressed by the way hes picked up the defense. Ive been impressed by the way he communicates. Ive been impressed by the way he goes after the ball.

imani

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pual Richardson just got the laser eye surgery, presumably the same as Jermaine Kearse got. Hopefully it improves his game the same way

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far Justin Britt has held his own and looks to be the favorite for the RT starter. This would most likely kick Micheal Bowie inside to LG.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think all the hoorah about Carp is just smoke? Most of what I've seen/heard sounds like Bailey's the competition for LG & Bowie the backup plan for LT if he doesn't start @ RT
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin wrote:
So you think all the hoorah about Carp is just smoke? Most of what I've seen/heard sounds like Bailey's the competition for LG & Bowie the backup plan for LT if he doesn't start @ RT

Carp just needs to stay healthy and I hope he'll win the job in camp.

Assuming everyone is healthy I predict Okung, Carp, Unger and Sweezy to be the starters. Not ready to predict a starting RT yet but LJP, Bowie, Britt and Bailey should round out the active guys on gameday. I really thought Carpenter would be a great RT but it looks like he's better off as a guard.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is Richardson's recovery expected to be?
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I really thought Carpenter would be a great RT but it looks like he's better off as a guard"
Cable thought/said so too. I wonder if they might give him another look there now that he's healthy, slimmer, quicker etc. Probably not given they drafter another RT this year, but.....
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
How long is Richardson's recovery expected to be?

He only got Laser Eye surgery. For most people they are able to regain normal vision within a few days of the surgery. Most doctors will recommend avoiding any sort of strenuous exercise for the first week or so and to avoid contact sports for at least one and up to six months following the surgery so I'm not sure PRich is going to be following doctor's orders on that one.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seahawks second-round rookie WR Paul Richardson expects to contribute mainly on special teams as a rookie.

"I'm going to be a punt returner, so I look forward to doing that and making an impact and changing the game when I can from punt return," said Richardson. He returned just four punts in college, but GM John Schneider pointed to Richardson being Colorado's "whole offense" as the reason he wasn't back there more. Richardson has next to no 2014 re-draft appeal as the No. 5 receiver.

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Quote:
Seahawks second-round rookie WR Paul Richardson expects to contribute mainly on special teams as a rookie.

"I'm going to be a punt returner, so I look forward to doing that and making an impact and changing the game when I can from punt return," said Richardson. He returned just four punts in college, but GM John Schneider pointed to Richardson being Colorado's "whole offense" as the reason he wasn't back there more. Richardson has next to no 2014 re-draft appeal as the No. 5 receiver.

he's going to have to work his tail off to learn the position. Being fast isn't enough, you can't just run in a straight line on PR. I have no idea who will be the KR or PR on this team. I'm glad PRich is getting a shot, he's got the natural talent to be effective.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
SoS wrote:
Quote:

he's going to have to work his tail off to learn the position. Being fast isn't enough, you can't just run in a straight line on PR. I have no idea who will be the KR or PR on this team. I'm glad PRich is getting a shot, he's got the natural talent to be effective.

Percy will be the KR, for certain.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cut QB Keith Price and LB/DE Kenneth Boatright today.

I know Price was a fan favourite due to his UW lineage and while he was an extreme longshot to make the active roster I was hoping he'd find his way on the practice squad. I'm not sure he has the physical tools to be much more than a back-up but hopefully somebody gives him a chance in TC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: