Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Available Cap Space Currently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Available Cap Space Currently Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/04/a-team-by-team-look-at-cap-space-available-midway-through-offseason/

It looks like we have about $10.4M left in available cap room right now. It feels pretty good to not be so far up against the cap like in the last several years. And if we saw a player we really liked and had the means to go out and get him, we can feel confident that we could also pay the player a decent contract.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
G

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the cap room for that and if nothing else can't we roll some of it into next years cap??? I remember something about that at the start of this off-season.
Either way is a win-win IMO
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also gives us room to extend any impending free agents, Wiz, Holmes etc.
#clueless
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I like the cap room for that and if nothing else can't we roll some of it into next years cap??? I remember something about that at the start of this off-season.
Either way is a win-win IMO

If we don't use it this year it will be available next year. And when some contracts expire at the end of the league year we will have more available if there are no escalations. I also have a feeling that the cap will go up again next year too. So there will be even more available. I have to wonder if we will top the league in available cap space again next year.

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: