Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is our biggest divisional threat this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Something isn't right in the football world when Detroit is a threat to win the division.

Not with Jim Caldwell as HC.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extremely confused by the love Detroit gets. Their defense isn't terrible and their offense is as good as ours? Remind me why the Packers won won the division with their two best players missing extended time while they were relatively healthy.

Chicago will be interesting this year. Yes they're old on defense but they finally have an offense.

Minnesota got a steal in Bridgewater even though they traded up for him. I think their offense will be much improved as I see Bridgewater's floor as Andy Dalton while his ceiling can be much higher. Part of me thinks they are the biggest threat in the division to the Packers.

Kind of sad seeing all of the defenses in the division in the position they are in.

TENINCH wrote:
Something isn't right in the football world when Detroit is a threat to win the division.

Laughing

Stafford is a decent QB but he's just another Romo. Have no fear.

Sig brought to you by Justo
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

That too. I'm glad they didn't hire Lovie as their coach this year. He could patch together a defense quickly as long as he has a pass rush...and that's pretty much all Detroit has going for them on the defensive side of the ball.

Sig brought to you by Justo
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

That too. I'm glad they didn't hire Lovie as their coach this year. He could patch together a defense quickly as long as he has a pass rush...and that's pretty much all Detroit has going for them on the defensive side of the ball.

I was saying the same in regards to Lovie Smith to Detroit. I did not want to see him go there.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I'm extremely confused by the love Detroit gets. Their defense isn't terrible and their offense is as good as ours? Remind me why the Packers won won the division with their two best players missing extended time while they were relatively healthy.

Chicago will be interesting this year. Yes they're old on defense but they finally have an offense.

Minnesota got a steal in Bridgewater even though they traded up for him. I think their offense will be much improved as I see Bridgewater's floor as Andy Dalton while his ceiling can be much higher. Part of me thinks they are the biggest threat in the division to the Packers.

Kind of sad seeing all of the defenses in the division in the position they are in.

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

I haven't seen anyone saying their offense is better than ours, nor should they. However, Detroit's offense is no joke, and could be very dangerous.

I think we're gonna take the division by 2-3 games this year personally.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

I haven't seen anyone saying their offense is better than ours, nor should they. However, Detroit's offense is no joke, and could be very dangerous.

They should definitely have a top ten offense in most metrics. Stafford being adequate is all they need considering everything else they have going on on offense, particularly Calvin.

We have a clear cut top five, however, and a QB that I trust a heck of a lot more. I also feel our defense has more potential.

Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago in the 2nd year in that offense with Trestman opening up the playbook is downright scary.
stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

Stafford never had a QB coach. Many believe that he is to blame for the collapse and the firing of Shorts. He has had maturity issues. Their TEs,WRs, drop passes that should have been caught. So they went with another TE over WR. The WRs will be improved this year. And Healthy! There's no way this new coach puts up with a bad offense, or dropped balls. You will see a improved stafford and supporting cast. Detroit needs Stafford to stay calm and play smart. He can make the throws. The biggest question is the defense. Will they stay dirty and hungry. Detroit does have the talent now. With a few more pieces in the secondary this team would be playoff caliber.
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Chicago in the 2nd year in that offense with Trestman opening up the playbook is downright scary.

This. Don't underestimate the advantage of continuity on offense. Cutler and CO. haven't had that with the Bears.

Detroit and Minny are ascending but have their own set of issues. Chicago is my pick for most formidable foe this year but I still think we walk away with the division crown when all is said and done.

I know this surfaces every now and again on this forum but the talent on offense in this division alone is insane.

PFF's All-NFC North Offense:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Lacy (Peterson, Forte)
WRs: Johnson, Marshall, Nelson (Jeffery, Cobb)
TE: Bennett
OT: Reiff, Loadholt
OG: Sitton, Warford (Lang, Long, Fucso)
C: Sullivan

Best QB, RB, WR, OG in the game in one division with even more 'top 10' guys.

NFC North offense v NFC West defense Drool
I'd pay good $$$ to see that
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bears stat line between Cutler and McCown's unmatchable season combined for this: 373/579, 4281 yards, 32/13 TD/INT, 7.0 YPA

I see that as a best case scenario for them, even with the continuity of Cutler in this offense.

stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

Rodgers - another concussion! Beware!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

We should open the playback and run him on tons of QB sneaks. Right? Like you just said in the other thread.
stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

We should open the playback and run him on tons of QB sneaks. Right? Like you just said in the other thread.
Wrong. Double edge sword. Block! This is why you fix the center. Surprise!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

TENINCH wrote:

Laughing

Wrong. Double edge sword. Block! This is why you fix the center. Surprise!

I diSagreE i think Center is veRy gud wIth Dieetzz er TreddaR. u Jus DunT understand? get thE padz off den open minds. kLouds in da KoffEE middle fingEr to Mike. Got it? Yep!
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrul'e wrote:

He still managed to win 24 games his first to years with Indianapolis. And I'm not saying Matthew Stafford is even in the same stratosphere as Peyton Manning, but to think that he can't win at least 8 games is crazy. The Lions will be in the thick of things, but it's more likely that Caldwell costs them a game down the stretch that keeps the Lions out of the playoffs. Or a bone headed decision that ends up seeing the Lions go home in the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: