You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is our biggest divisional threat this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick da Pick wrote:
I'll never fear the Bears until they get rid of Cutler. Jay always manages to give us the ball Wink

...and now you know why I have Detroit ahead of them...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick da Pick wrote:
I'll never fear the Bears until they get rid of Cutler. Jay always manages to give us the ball Wink

Imagine if he got hurt this year and Jordan Palmer beat us.

As much as that would sting, that would be incredibly funny.

Cutler is like what now? 1-9 against GB in his career?
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
I'd say we have the most complete team and the best offense. Our defense should be better with players returning from injuries and the addition of HHCD to our biggest hole. When looking for potential weak spots on the team while healthy, it's C, TE, and one ILB spot; not the most pressing of positions. Having the best QB in the world helps cover up any warts as well, which is why we have won the division the last couple of seasons despite having one of the worst defenses in the league. With improved holes, we should get about 12 wins, ranging from 11-14 wins barring injury.

Behind us it has to be Detroit. Caldwell may not be a good coach, but he's better than Jim Schwartz. The offense is eerily similar to the Bears (Cutler and Stafford are about equals, Forte is cancelled out by Bush/Bell, Calvin and Tate are equal Marshall and Jeffrey, Bennett and Ebron about similar expectations this season), but I think the defense in Detroit will be a bit more stout, particularly in the front seven. I think any QB who is quick in his reads will be able to turn a game into a shootout, but against lesser QBs this team should be able to clean up, considering how good their offense was when it was Calvin and Kris Durham as the top two options in the passing game. I like our odds against them considering Stafford's inconsistency. I think they're a playoff team but lose in the first round on the road. I think 7 wins is their floor, and could see them winning as many as 11. I'll call them a 10 win team.

The Bears follow because of their high octane offense, but their defense really gives me concerns. They might be better defensively than last season, but I don't see Cutler matching the high level of play produced by McCown (not that I think McCown could replicate that either). Ultimately I think it's a wash. I don't honestly see how they got any better than last season. I see them likely winning 7, with a range of 6-9 wins.

In last it's the Vikings. I like Teddy, but I don't think he will or even should start until mid-season, when they're sitting at 3-5. Their defense is what I'm not sure about. They lost some key players, and Jared Allen was still a force, now playing for another team. My realistic expectation is a 5 win season, with anywhere between 4 and 7 wins.

Therefore:
Green Bay: 12-4
Detroit: 10-6, WC
Chicago: 7-9
Minnesota: 5-11

Did anybody else snicker to themselves when they read about the addition of Clinton-Dix to our biggest hole...? Rolling Eyes Laughing
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:

But worth every penny he got in that new, shiny contract of his... Rolling Eyes

If you can't beat the best team in your division over 10 games, wouldn't that be a sign to maybe move on to someone who can? Lookin' at you Phil Emery.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:

But worth every penny he got in that new, shiny contract of his... Rolling Eyes

If you can't beat the best team in your division over 10 games, wouldn't that be a sign to maybe move on to someone who can? Lookin' at you Phil Emery.

I should hide under a chair before I say this, but I used to defend Cutler quite a bit. But after McCown coming in and playing as efficiently as he did and actually beating us. It's almost impossible. Laughing

He clearly has an issue playing us.

Ya ever look at his splits for his stats team by team. Check this out.

http://i.gyazo.com/de20efb21a0e2833b064e4f1e9427c54.png

Kind of funny.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how the "big-armed" QBs are so sexy to NFL personnel. But in every other facet of Cutler's game, he's average or even below-average. Yet, he gets the dough because sadly, he's closer to being a franchise QB than most out there.

This handcuff is why I can't ever take the Bears seriously as long-term contenders in this division. However, adding in the weapons they have on offense, and they are scarier. It does seem though that for what they've gained on offense, they've given up on defense/STs. Back to ground zero for evaluating their threat level, I guess...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
It's amazing how the "big-armed" QBs are so sexy to NFL personnel. But in every other facet of Cutler's game, he's average or even below-average. Yet, he gets the dough because sadly, he's closer to being a franchise QB than most out there.

This handcuff is why I can't ever take the Bears seriously as long-term contenders in this division. However, adding in the weapons they have on offense, and they are scarier. It does seem though that for what they've gained on offense, they've given up on defense/STs. Back to ground zero for evaluating their threat level, I guess...

They converted all their D into skill positions and now "CHI has a top 3 rosters" because people only know guys you can draft in fantasy.

Laughing

Their D isn't terrible but it isn't anything special either.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:

They converted all their D into skill positions and now "CHI has a top 3 rosters" because people only know guys you can draft in fantasy.

Laughing

Their D isn't terrible but it isn't anything special either.

Wait... we are supposed to know more than guys just up for Fantasy points? Wink

I'm a die-hard fantasy guy (I get all nerdy with stats...) but even I can see that this team has a lot of holes independent of a few offensive studs not named Jay Cutler.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Easily Chicago, IMO. Their D, like our D, really has one way to go, up. One of the top offenses in the league. No idea what their doing at safety, but if Mad Dawg gets significant time, I'd go with Detroit.

You're right, their D has nowhere to go but up but how far up? Most of the talent on the defense is on the wrong side of 30. Jared Allen is 32 years old, Lance Briggs is 33 years old, Tim Jennings is 30 years old, and Charles Tillman is 33 years old at the start of the season. Their main players are on the wrong side of 30. They added Lamarr Houston and Kyle Fuller this offseason, and I was one of the biggest fans of Fuller. And Jonathan Bostic looked pretty good as a rookie, but they've still got quite a few question marks in their front seven.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Green Bay stays healthy, they are still the team to beat in the NFC North.....
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings - AP is still the best RB in the league and Patterson looks like he could be a fantastic player but QB sitch is terrible so i'm think they'll finish last in the league this year.

Bears - Cutler's has all the tools to be top 5 offense but won't and who knows why.

Lions - This team on paper looks amazing. their defensive line should give every team in the league fits. i think they'll challenge us this year for the division but ultimately Rodgers is the x-factor.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO its Chicago. That offense can create some problems for us if our defense isnt improved (Which i think it is). As long as we stay healthy were a lock for the Division though.

Packers 12-4
Chicago 10-6
Detroit 7-9
Minnesota 6-10
strat1080

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
IMO its Chicago. That offense can create some problems for us if our defense isnt improved (Which i think it is). As long as we stay healthy were a lock for the Division though.

Packers 12-4
Chicago 10-6
Detroit 7-9
Minnesota 6-10

Really? You don't fear Detroit's offense? I don't really fear Chicago's offense all that much becuase they aren't really all that explosive. Those are the kind of offenses I fear. Plus Stafford has proven that he can absolutely shred our secondary. Cutler really hasn't proven that.

Detroit now has an offensive minded HC and they also just picked up Eric Ebron in the draft. I think Detroit's offense is every bit as talented as Chicago only much faster and explosive. I've said it before and I'll say i again. WRs like Brandon Marshall end up getting their production but in the grand scheme of things they aren't game changers. A guy like C Johnson or Reggie Bush can absolutely break your back with a long 60-70+ yard TD. Chicago basically has two big possession WRs but neither of them have great deep speed. I also just don't really fear Cutler.

I just have a hard time seeing Cutler pulling off one of those 400+ yard 70% completion, and 4+ TD games against us. He folds against better competition. We've struggled at Detroit in recent years. That Chicago Bears offense was completely healthy at the end of the year and we kept it in check with a battered defense at Soldier Field. Why the fear of Chicago's offense? They were injury free at the skills positions last year and they didn't really light us up in either game last year. I think we match up well against offenses like that.

The big thing is that Detroit actually has a solid defense and a ferocious DL. Chicago's defense is a paper bag in comparison. I think Detroit has an offense that can matchup with us or Chicago but they have the best defense in the division. Chicago is very much like us, only their defense is worse and their offense isn't quite as explosive as us. Chicago's defense is atrocious. We haven't had a defense that bad in at least 20 years. People are forgetting how awful that defense was. They gave up 29.9 PPG last year. That's terrible. 3rd worst scoring defense in the NFL. We weren't great either but Chicago almost gave up 500 points last year for crying out loud.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fear at all. I won't fear a team QB'd by either Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler until either one of them proves they are worth fearing. So far they haven't. Detroit's defense is pretty mediocre and I believe their DBs are outright bad. I'm not sure they can run the ball either. Yes they have a potent passing attack and a good DL. but they just aren't in GB's class. None of them have shown to be a threat to Green Bay and until they do, it's GB's division to lose.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
strat1080

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
The talent on Detroit and chicago have caught the packers! The firing of Shorts did GB a favor. But the offensive side of both detroit and chicago must be stopped! The division winner in the end? What defense can stop their opponent. GB has many questions in the center and safety positions. Prediction:
1. GB 8-8
2. Detroit 8-8
3. Chicago 8-8
4. Minnesota 6-10

In a way I agree. Offensively at the skill positions Detroit and Chicago are equal to Green Bay. The problem with this is that Aaron Rodgers is much better than Stafford and Cutler. Green Bay just isn't a 8-8 team. They were 6-2 in the games that Rodgers started and finished last year and IMO they had a tougher schedule last year. Somehow they finish 8-7-1 when Rodgers missed half the season but now you think they are a 8-8 team with him back in the mix? That's just plain silly. I think Green Bay has improved massively this offseason. I think they are one of the most improved teams. I don't always feel that way.

Sorry dude but just about every post of yours that I've read has been completely ridiculous. Are you an actual Green Bay fan?
I'm glad you like my posts and find them ridicules. They do generate conversation. Sorry, but if they don't get the center going, its not Happening. Remember Dietz replaced Saturday. Its zone blocking! The changes on defense are for the better. But those safeties have not proven a thing yet either. Dude this is the Black and Blue. They know what each other do. I just think we start 1-3 like a fellow stated. This is not such a push over schedule. I say the other loses are New Orleans,Patriots,Eagles,Minn. Detroit has not won much in GB, but will that streak continue. So there is your 8-8. Of course both stafford and culyer could get hurt too. The start is the key to a better record!

And who cares? I never said the schedule was a pushover but I don't consider it to be all that tough either. We've gotten off to slow starts the last couple years and still won the division. In fact I like starting off with a tough part of the schedule because this team tends to start the season slow to begin with and it really allows the team to get going for the final push of the season. For whatever reason it seems like Chicago always gets to start off with a soft schedule and they start off 3-1 and everybody is talking about how they are the team to beat in the NFC North only for the Packers to beat them when they meet up. I find that getting off to a good start with a soft schedule just provides false confidence. I think this team responds well to early adversity and keeps them motivated. I personally see us going 2-2. I think we'll lose to Seattle but beat the Jets at home and we'll be 1-1 in the games at Detroit and Chicago.

You are forgetting how ridiculously good Aaron Rodgers record is against the NFC North. I think you are overlooking the fact that he got hurt last year. We probably go 13-3 with a 1st round bye last year if he doesn't get hurt. We were well on our to a 6-2 start after a pretty tough early schedule last year until Rodgers got hurt. Looking at the rest of the schedule last year I don't see a single loss. This team could have had 13-14 wins last year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: