Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player Improvements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show he's capable of playing outside if no one emerges as the #2 CB. Have a feeling he's gonna play great this year, strictly bc it's a contract year. I'd like to see him get even more physical at the line. He's now become the vet CB for this team after learning behind Revis and Cro, so leadership would be good too.

Chris Johnson
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yards after contact.

Cj2k has been among the WORST in the past few years at gaining yards after contact. For comparisons sake, Chris Ivory has been one of the best. He needs to be consistent between the tackles to get the snaps he's looking for.

Eric Decker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Yards after contact.

Cj2k has been among the WORST in the past few years at gaining yards after contact. For comparisons sake, Chris Ivory has been one of the best. He needs to be consistent between the tackles to get the snaps he's looking for.

Eric Decker

Attitude and hands. He needs to develop more into a leader and less of a diva. He also needs softer hands.

Powell

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be able to accept a smaller role this season, but still be affective with limited touches. With Ivory's injury past and CJ coming off an injury, he needs to always be ready.

Dawan Landry
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Be able to accept a smaller role this season, but still be affective with limited touches. With Ivory's injury past and CJ coming off an injury, he needs to always be ready.

Dawan Landry

Continue the role of elder statesmen in the secondary. He was solid if unspectacular last year, but that's all we really need him to be. He can also act like a coach, explaining to the young pups what he sees and, when on the field, making sure everyone is lined up properly.

Leger Douzable

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leger Douzable

He needs to try to get more playing time. I think he needs to add more power and speed to his game. He also needs to learn some more moves to put pressure on the QB. I think he is fighting for a roster spot.

D'rick F.
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Brickhouse needs to do a better job of pass protecting than he did last year.

Nick Mangold
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Leger Douzable

He needs to try to get more playing time. I think he needs to add more power and speed to his game. He also needs to learn some more moves to put pressure on the QB. I think he is fighting for a roster spot.

D'rick F.

Really? I thought he did a solid job last year as a rotational guy (he's not anything more than that). I don't see his roster spot in jeopardy though.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
Nick Mangold

Mangold needs to improve his run blocking IMO. I feel he's regressed here over the past few seasons.

Antonio Allen
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
Leger Douzable

D'rick F.

Really? I thought he did a solid job last year as a rotational guy (he's not anything more than that). I don't see his roster spot in jeopardy though.

Rotation guys come and go year by year. The jets may look to go with more speed which means he is out of the job.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's training camp but when have we ever had this much potential improvement from our guys?

Geno
Hill
Coples
Davis
Allen
Winters
Aboushi

Not only have they been playing great in camp but we have added the rookies and free agents, plus guys like Ivory, Milliner, Richardson, Harrison and Ellis should all be better with another year.

It's really hard for me to see this team not competing each week and if Milliner plays well then this defense will be special. We already have a sick front 7 but the way Davis and Coples are playing this could be historic. Geno should see much more success this season and if Hill helps out then the sky is the limit for this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: