Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player Improvements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Player Improvements Reply with quote

I'm gonna name a player, next guy states what they should improve on then names another player and so on

Geno Smith
Abe56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
I'm gonna name a player, next guy states what they should improve on then names another player and so on

Geno Smith

Decision Making

Maybe you can attribute it to the offense he came out of college and the lack of talent around him, but some of the decision making he made last season was awful. Now luckily it improved as the season went along and we have added a better supporting cast around him, but he still has to make big strides in this area to become a quality starting QB in the NFL. Also in the same vein, he needs to make quicker decisions, he stood in the pocket too long and took unnecessary sacks.

Quinton Coples

49 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 16 QB Hits, 10 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Buckeyes
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Geno Smith

Decision Making

Maybe you can attribute it to the offense he came out of college and the lack of talent around him, but some of the decision making he made last season was awful. Now luckily it improved as the season went along and we have added a better supporting cast around him, but he still has to make big strides in this area to become a quality starting QB in the NFL. Also in the same vein, he needs to make quicker decisions, he stood in the pocket too long and took unnecessary sacks.

Quinton Coples

He needs to be able to increase his speed, so he can have the total package of speed and power. Coples also needs to get more in shape so when the end of the game comes he still has some left in the tank. He has been losing weight which I think will help him a lot.

Damon Harrison (Fellow William Penn University Alam)
Jets913

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

Damon Harrison (Fellow William Penn University Alam)[/quote]

Snacks is already one of the best run stuffers in the NFL and statistically proved that last season, but I believe if he can improve his pass rushing ability and be able to get some pressure on the QB every once in a while it'll only help improve one of the best d-lines in the league. If he can rack up even 3-5 sacks and maybe force a fumble or two it'd be huge for us.

Demario Davis

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:
Demario Davis

Range(sideline to sideline)

If he can do some work to the flats for us and handle backs on 3rd down that would be great for our defense to get off the field

Dee Milliner
green24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Dee Milliner

Ball skills. Keep doing what he did the last quarter of the season.

Jeremy Kerley
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Jeremy Kerley

Just stay on the field for 16 games, I think if he was healthy all season we would have made the playoffs. I hope he stays with the team and doesn't ask for a deal we aren't willing to shell out.

Wilkerson
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Player Improvements Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Jeremy Kerley

Just stay on the field for 16 games, I think if he was healthy all season we would have made the playoffs. I hope he stays with the team and doesn't ask for a deal we aren't willing to shell out.

Wilkerson

He needs to bat down passes like JJ Watt

Antonio Allen
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs to find a way to be a starter. He has to take better angles when tackling, work in his hips in transition and play physical with faster players than him like he does with TEs.

Chris Ivory
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Needs to find a way to be a starter. He has to take better angles when tackling, work in his hips in transition and play physical with faster players than him like he does with TEs.

Chris Ivory

Easily his hands and health. Take care of your body because with that running style you are going to take a beating. His hands are awful. It's probably the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 back. I'm not asking for him to become LT here and run WR like routes but if he could consistently handle a dump off in the screen game it would be huge for him and the offense. Need to stay unpredictable as possible.

Antwan Barnes (a huge key to our defense I might add)

Props to Mack on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Chris Ivory

Easily his hands and health. Take care of your body because with that running style you are going to take a beating. His hands are awful. It's probably the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 back. I'm not asking for him to become LT here and run WR like routes but if he could consistently handle a dump off in the screen game it would be huge for him and the offense. Need to stay unpredictable as possible.

Antwan Barnes (a huge key to our defense I might add)

Stay healthy, unfortunately I don't have much of an opinion on him yet because he was injured so early in the season but he looked primed for a big year.

Cumberland
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands, Continue to improve his blocking, and just being more consistent. He vanishes far to much even when he was the only option at TE. Hopefully Amaro patrolling the middle will open him up.

Stephen Hill
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Hands, Continue to improve his blocking, and just being more consistent. He vanishes far to much even when he was the only option at TE. Hopefully Amaro patrolling the middle will open him up.

Stephen Hill

Everything that's not speed and height

Sheldon Richardson
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

Stephen Hill

Everything that's not speed and height

Sheldon Richardson

This one is tough since he had such a great rookie season. I guess consistency and pass rushing. Would like to see 7-10 sacks this year like his counterpart on the other side Mo.

Winters

Props to Mack on the sig
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Winters

Footwork

Kyle Wilson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: