Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vernon Davis wants new deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Vernon Davis wants new deal Reply with quote

Quote:
CSN Bay Area reports Vernon Davis is skipping 49ers OTAs due to "dissatisfaction with his contract."
Davis, who is signed through 2015, is putting his money where his mouth is, as he's forfeiting a $200,000 workout bonus. Now 30, the pseudo-holdout will likely be in vain for Davis, who is owned a combined $9.05 million over the next two seasons. The 49ers have far more important contract issues to worry about with Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree and coach Jim Harbaugh. It's unclear if Davis is planning to blow off next month's mandatory minicam

xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back in line Vernon. No Cutting.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
Get back in line Vernon. No Cutting.

+1. I just hope he is missing this week only because it is voluntary but at the same time everyone else seems to be out there even the diva Crabtree...
NJniners

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in line? Im sorry but as much as I like Crabs, Davis should be a priority long before him. Hes possibly our most important offensive weapon, maybe even moreso than Kaep considering Davis has shown he can succeed with almost any QB. Id say Kaep, Davis, and Aldon should be the priorities.
49erurtaza

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJniners wrote:
Get in line? Im sorry but as much as I like Crabs, Davis should be a priority long before him. Hes possibly our most important offensive weapon, maybe even moreso than Kaep considering Davis has shown he can succeed with almost any QB. Id say Kaep, Davis, and Aldon should be the priorities.

First off Davis is 30 crabtree is 26, second when crabtree has been healthy he has been Kaeps #1 target, 3rd Davis has 2 more years left crabtree is on his final year. I doubt we even resign ethier but we will see

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49erurtaza wrote:
NJniners wrote:

First off Davis is 30 crabtree is 26, second when crabtree has been healthy he has been Kaeps #1 target, 3rd Davis has 2 more years left crabtree is on his final year. I doubt we even resign ethier but we will see

Exactly. Davis is a favorite of mine but 2yrs left and his age makes this seem like a money grab. I know Davis is a stand up guy and great team guy I hope he does get a new deal from the Niners "Next Year".

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather let Vernon walk after his contract is done, than give him an extension. He's not exactly a technician as a player, so once his physical skills go, he's probably looking at a big drop off in production.
SFrush

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how badly we need Vernon's speed he would be the toughest of the two to replace.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have Boone/Davis/Crabtree/Iupati/Kaepernick/Smith all looking for deals either this year or next year?

Damn, this is where having a talented team comes back to hurt us. Davis is the lone deep threat on the team so obviously he is very important. What is he looking for? Does he want around 7 million a year instead of getting around the 5 million he is getting this upcoming season?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying we should trade him, but what do you think he'd be worth in a trade? I think we could probably get a 1st for him.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he want around 7 million a year instead of getting around the 5 million he is getting this upcoming season?

I don't know if its the total amount of money or the length of the deal. Maybe he just want's to get some more money garaunteed into his deal while he is still a viable asset.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
Does he want around 7 million a year instead of getting around the 5 million he is getting this upcoming season?

I don't know if its the total amount of money or the length of the deal. Maybe he just want's to get some more money garaunteed into his deal while he is still a viable asset.

Maybe we could give him an extension with a moderate raise over the next few years, convert this year's base into part of a larger signing bonus, save this money this year to extend someone else (like Kap), and when the cap rises, we'll be good.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? That would be great and would benefit both sides.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great. Baalke is probably already concocting something.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the spacing on our offense would be terrible without Davis. I remember Pete Prisco showing what INDY and CAR did when Davis was out of the game, and they over played every route not being afraid of being beat over the top.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: