Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Camp Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Can we call Nick Perry a bust yet? he sure as hell is on the hot seat

Hayward too.

bust.

Sherrod. Terrell Manning. Mcmillan. Jerel Worthy's on bust notice, too. If Capers would turn Perry loose and use him properly he'd be a big contributor.

Mc and Manning were like 4th and 5th rounders. Oh no huge busts. Fire Ted.

We got little to nothing from them, I'd say they were busts. Worthy and Sherrod have a lot to prove in not a lot of time. Perry just needs to stay healthy.

I always joke for perspective, go look at the 10 guys selected around that pick. It'll remind you why it's not a "bust" it's just the nature of the beast.

Some decent players there, some end of the roster stuff, and some guys out of the NFL. That's just what it is. I mean, I could never ever call a 5th rounder a bust.

It's like bitching about buying a $1 lottery ticket and not winning.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

This is about as accurate as one could be. Well done.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

This is about as accurate as one could be. Well done.

Smile Thanks.

I just think people tend to lack the adequate amount of 'perspective' when it comes to later picks. I don't know how many times i heard "we could have had Alfred Morris."

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo what are the chances we see a nickel front like this:

ROLB: Perry
UT: Daniels/Worthy
NT: Raji
LOLB: Peppers

WILB: Matthews
SILB: Hawk

Sig brought to you by Justo
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about Daniels down in a set like that

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

In a nickel situation? I think Daniels is pretty underrated vs the run. He just can't two-gap.

Sig brought to you by Justo
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

In a nickel situation? I think Daniels is pretty underrated vs the run. He just can't two-gap.

Yeah after I thought about it more, I liked it a touch more but I still don't love it. I'm willing to be convinced though, heh.

I love me some Daniels but I think as many fans who are behind how good he is, we have just as many who've overrated his potential. Just my POV.

PacAttack04

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
PACKRULE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Hayward too.

bust.

Sherrod. Terrell Manning. Mcmillan. Jerel Worthy's on bust notice, too. If Capers would turn Perry loose and use him properly he'd be a big contributor.

We got little to nothing from them, I'd say they were busts. Worthy and Sherrod have a lot to prove in not a lot of time. Perry just needs to stay healthy.

I don't undersand how Worthy and Sherrod can be different they Perry. Same issues for all 3 injuries. Sure perry flashed so did Sherrod in his rookie year. Played pretty dam well considering when he was thrown into the wolves in a couple games. And MM's pass happy offense.

When, exactly, did Sherrod "flash" in his rookie year? I'm genuinely curious. Is it when he failed miserably at guard during the preseason, or is it when he couldn't win the left tackle gig and was a backup swing lineman?

Perry has flashed consistently. He had two big-time strip-sacks last season before a fluke injury--which ironically occurred when he destroyed Eugene Monroe and planted Flacco on his [inappropriate/removed] causing a fumble and leading to a field goal in a game that we won by two points.

Yeah, he's been injured. That's absolutely not debatable. But the production has been there when he has played, and the production has been better than average playing in Matthews' absence on the weak side.

To be fair, expecting him to win a starting LT job by putting Chad Clifton on the bench is a pretty tough expectation for us to have of him his rookie year.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
PACKRULE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Hayward too.

bust.

I don't undersand how Worthy and Sherrod can be different they Perry. Same issues for all 3 injuries. Sure perry flashed so did Sherrod in his rookie year. Played pretty dam well considering when he was thrown into the wolves in a couple games. And MM's pass happy offense.

When, exactly, did Sherrod "flash" in his rookie year? I'm genuinely curious. Is it when he failed miserably at guard during the preseason, or is it when he couldn't win the left tackle gig and was a backup swing lineman?

Perry has flashed consistently. He had two big-time strip-sacks last season before a fluke injury--which ironically occurred when he destroyed Eugene Monroe and planted Flacco on his [inappropriate/removed] causing a fumble and leading to a field goal in a game that we won by two points.

Yeah, he's been injured. That's absolutely not debatable. But the production has been there when he has played, and the production has been better than average playing in Matthews' absence on the weak side.

To be fair, expecting him to win a starting LT job by putting Chad Clifton on the bench is a pretty tough expectation for us to have of him his rookie year.

Very true wasn't going to unseat Clifton that year that's why the tried him at guard to give him a shot.
He's a LT only, He played well when Cliffy got hurt in the Atlanta game when he played both tackle spots. And he was playing in the KC game.

I never said he set the world on fire, I said he flashed. He was showed he had good feet and could really move. Also he was playing in the Chief's game correct?
If that turd Newhouse had made his block that game on the left side Sherrod doesn't get his leg crushed by Hali. I have every game from that year and Sherrod has some great game he just needed a year. I could easily see him taking that LT gig this year in camp.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
PACKRULE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Hayward too.

bust.

That's a fair point. Either way, he could have shown promise and simultaneously been a swing tackle. Even then, he failed at guard and he didn't show a ton of promise in small stints, whereas Bahktiari kicked some tail from day one, even when he lacked the physical gifts Sherrod had.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we can all agree that we drafted Sherrod due to his elite potential and size, he never was THAT good in college. Just so happens he had a freak leg break which has slowed him down. From what I've heard he's healed up 100% and now we'll finally get to see him work with an offseason. If that can't get you freakin pumped then idk what can. Him and Bahk are going to have a hell.of a battle amd boy its gonna be fun to watch!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy enough if Sherrod shows enough in TC to legitimately earn the swing T spot behind Bak and Bulaga. Barclay is OK as a reserve RT, but I'll feel a lot better about the OL as a whole if Sherrod holds up in camp and the pre-season games.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrod played a lot more in 2011 than I remembered.

He played 3 quarters against the Falcons and Raiders and played the second half against the Chiefs and Broncos.

He looked damn good too.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Sherrod played a lot more in 2011 than I remembered.

He played 3 quarters against the Falcons and Raiders and played the second half against the Chiefs and Broncos.

He looked damn good too.

This is what I thought as well. I watched the Cheifs game again last night watching him play. He was way better then Newhouse, I wish MM had have just put him in there at LT instead of RT. MM seemed to value Newhouse's experience over Sherrod's play. We should all be very thankful though that Newhouse is not on this team, he was going to get ARod killed.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
PacAttack04 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
PACKRULE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Hayward too.

bust.

That's a fair point. Either way, he could have shown promise and simultaneously been a swing tackle. Even then, he failed at guard and he didn't show a ton of promise in small stints, whereas Bahktiari kicked some tail from day one, even when he lacked the physical gifts Sherrod had.

True Central he did bomb at Guard I really think that Sherrod needed a year just to get it in the NFL. His bit part playing time was going to benefit him though and really wish MM played him at LT rather then Newhouse. Hindsite is 20/20 though. Kid can block and move though lets all hope that he can show it in TC. If he does and we have Bahk as well we may be really set at the Tackle positions that's for sure.

Last edited by PACKRULE on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 38 of 98

Jump to: