Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I guess it helps that Briesel was holding. I was about to right how much time McGloin had until I saw the hold.

Watson using pretty good technique at RT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Lets compare the two:

Ausberry:
Age 26 going to be 27
Played 3 seasons
9 REC
106 Yards
0 TDs

Rivera:
Age 23 going to be 24
Played 1 season
38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs

Ausberry was firmly entrenched behind myers with barely any opportunities to start. Whoever plays better in ps and tc gets the job. I really like rivera but if ausberry earns it then he earns it. Either way its a win win.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Ausberry was firmly entrenched behind myers with barely any opportunities to start. Whoever plays better in ps and tc gets the job. I really like rivera but if ausberry earns it then he earns it. Either way its a win win.

Which isn't saying much.

Is Myers even playing in the NFL anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Which isn't saying much.

Yes. I got 2 words for you. Jeron. Mastrud.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Which isn't saying much.

Exactly and Rivera still did this:

38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs

Can't wait to see what he does starting a full season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Which isn't saying much.

38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs

Still? Sure, Mastrud was such a viable option.

Rivera is a solid receiver but he won't start with Tony Sparano on staff if he can't block better.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous

That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.

If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.

I wasn't calling you out for a sig bet. I'm saying Hayden will go as the pass rush goes. Allen was the DC in Denver when the Broncos drafted Von Miller and he built the defense around a rookie who went on to collect 11.5 sacks, 19 QB hits, 29 QB hurries, a Pro-Bowl selection and DRotY in his first season.

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.
didn't the donkeys have b Dawkins as well as champ in Von's rookie yr

What did a used up Dawkins have to do with Miller's breakout rookie season?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Which isn't saying much.

38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs

Rivera is a solid receiver but he won't start with Tony Sparano on staff if he can't block better.

Ausberry can't block hes an converted WR lol.

Only one can block is Kasa I think and who knows if he even makes the team this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.

If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.

I wasn't calling you out for a sig bet. I'm saying Hayden will go as the pass rush goes. Allen was the DC in Denver when the Broncos drafted Von Miller and he built the defense around a rookie who went on to collect 11.5 sacks, 19 QB hits, 29 QB hurries, a Pro-Bowl selection and DRotY in his first season.

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.

A washed up bdawks is better than anything we have at safety ditto for champ. Imo a strong secondary gives the dc more chances to send more guys on blitzes. We kept getting burnt last year most of the time we sent guys to blitz cause our secondary sucked.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:

A washed up bdawks is better than anything we have at safety ditto for champ. Imo a strong secondary gives the dc more chances to send more guys on blitzes. We kept getting burnt last year most of the time we sent guys to blitz cause our secondary sucked.

Il give u champ. But how was Brian Dawkins any different than Chuck.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Which isn't saying much.

38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs

Ausberry can't block hes an converted WR lol.

Only one can block is Kasa I think and who knows if he even makes the team this year.

Ausberry is ripped at 260 pounds and has shown that he CAN block. Im not saying that rivera doesn't have proven production. What i'm saying is that IF ausberry beats him in camp, which he might, then he deserves the starting job. Rivera is a better receiver (joker) and route runner but ausberry is a better blocker (conventional).
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

The above is an example of a lack of understanding of positional dependency. As someone noted 2011 Dawkins vs. 2013 Woodson is a push yet he didn't increase the effectiveness of the pass rush. The fundamental strength of the 43 is the ability to generate a pass rush without blitzing. In 2013 coverage often collapsed under the inability to generate a pass rush as a CB can only cover for so long. Houston wasn't completely ineffective but he lacked support from the rest of the unit. Because of the lack of a pass rush from the front 4 additional units had to be committed which exposed the pass defense.

Dawkins and Bailey didn't make Von Miller. Von Miller made Dawkins and Bailey viable. Coverage are possible but exponentially difficult to get and take forever (4+ secs or so). A quality DE generates his own plays but they that skill set is rare which makes them so special (and well paid).

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't necessarily say "breakout" but I expect Carlos Fields to make the final roster and make some plays for us on special teams while also providing quality depth for us. I honestly believe that he has the physical tools and the instincts to eventually become a starting linebacker in the NFL someday.

Looking at his pre-draft measurements and college production there is absolutely no reason that he should have went undrafted.

Carlos Fields
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 238
40: 4.50
Vertical: 38"
Broad: 10'08"
3 Cone: 7.04
20 yard shuttle: 4.22
2013 Stats: 93 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 FF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say "breakout" but I expect Carlos Fields to make the final roster and make some plays for us on special teams while also providing quality depth for us. I honestly believe that he has the physical tools and the instincts to eventually become a starting linebacker in the NFL someday.

Looking at his pre-draft measurements and college production there is absolutely no reason that he should have went undrafted.

Carlos Fields
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 238
40: 4.50
Vertical: 38"
Broad: 10'08"
3 Cone: 7.04
20 yard shuttle: 4.22
2013 Stats: 93 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 FF
He is perfect guy to groom behind Roach at MLB for 2 years our future core would be.........

Mack- Fields- Moore
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacy Mcgee he will become a stud for this team. Mark my words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: