Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5729
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous


That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nuke


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2353
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous


That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.


If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.
_________________
Nuke's Thread Archive
Damn the Falcons for stealing my 2014 mancrushes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3735
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many unknowns with this team, but if I had to go with my gut:

Breakout Player:
Sio Moore

Comeback Player:
Matt Schaub
Sebastian Janikowski

Impact Rookie:
Khalil Mack
Gabe Jackson

Disappointment:
Lamarr Woodley
Donald Penn
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Lance


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Mychal Rivera with a better QB throwing the ball to him.

Hopefully allot of this.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101Raider


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2432
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout/Comeback player:

MJD: I think the foot injury derailed his last season's productivity and that he'll show he has a few years left in the tank. We are going to be a heavy run oriented team, more so than any other team in the league. MJD has proven that he can be the bell-cow RB before in the past and this will be the best power blocking O-line he's had in his career. I also don't have much faith in McFadden remaining healthy, he'll perform as the change of pace back IMO.

Disappoint:

Donald Penn: He'll constantly be unfairly compared to Veldheer. He'll be a GREAT run-blocker, but will get eaten alive by the AFC Wests speed rushers. I expect a high pick next year on a LT (unfortunately).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Lance


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Ausberry won't be the starter (Mychal Rivera will be) and the only reason he was before he got hurt last season is because Raiders didn't know what they had in Rivera.


Disagree. Sounded like DA liked Ausberry, and he provides the same receiving ability Rivera does with more athleticism and experience (I do use that term pretty lightly though). I'm not saying he's a break out player, but I think he'll be a contributor and the starter.


Ausberry makes a really good catch then you don't hear his name called again for 3 weeks.

He runs a 4.48 40 time is why I think most people like him; me I'm not sold.

Rivera will be better this year then last year though.


What are you talking about. He didn't even play last season....


Ya, but he played the year before that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 5165
Location: CA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Ausberry and Rivera both play well for us this season. If both of those guys can take their games to the next level, Schaub will have a lot of weapons to work with.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5729
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous


That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.


If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.


I wasn't calling you out for a sig bet. I'm saying Hayden will go as the pass rush goes. Allen was the DC in Denver when the Broncos drafted Von Miller and he built the defense around a rookie who went on to collect 11.5 sacks, 19 QB hits, 29 QB hurries, a Pro-Bowl selection and DRotY in his first season.

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14778
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous


That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.


If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.


I wasn't calling you out for a sig bet. I'm saying Hayden will go as the pass rush goes. Allen was the DC in Denver when the Broncos drafted Von Miller and he built the defense around a rookie who went on to collect 11.5 sacks, 19 QB hits, 29 QB hurries, a Pro-Bowl selection and DRotY in his first season.

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.
didn't the donkeys have b Dawkins as well as champ in Von's rookie yr
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14167
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.


Not sure a resurgence is the expectation. If they can produce like they did last year, our pass rush will already be improved. We quickly had none (outside of blitzes) so it shouldn't be too hard to get better.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 1339
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous


That's a sig bet I'd be willing to entertain as these two predictions are co-dependent. If Mack is to play Von Miller in the defense Allen created to highlight a player of Mack's sill set then right now he is most prolific pass rusher on the roster. People are unrealistically expecting a 31 yr old Tuck to be the Tuck of old. Woodley has no experience in the NFL as a down lineman. If Mack isn't immediately proficient the pass rush will struggle.

If the pass rush is anemic then any discussion of the success of the CBs is pointless. If mack & Co. do their job then we can turn the discussion as to whether Hayden is fulfilling his part.


If the pass rush is depending on a rookie it will be a long year (again) for us. It's a dumb bet because these are ridiculously hard to predict, but sigs are free so what the hell, I'll go for it. My only condition is that whatever sig I have to rock is small enough that I can keep my archive link in the sig with it.


I wasn't calling you out for a sig bet. I'm saying Hayden will go as the pass rush goes. Allen was the DC in Denver when the Broncos drafted Von Miller and he built the defense around a rookie who went on to collect 11.5 sacks, 19 QB hits, 29 QB hurries, a Pro-Bowl selection and DRotY in his first season.

I'm not saying that Mack will replicate Miller's numbers but the Raiders are definitely expecting an immediate impact which is SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable expectation than expecting all these old guys, some of which are playing out of position, to experience a resurgence.


We aren't gonna have an anemic pass rush. Our defensive line on 3rd will have 4 guys who can still rush the passer. Last year we had 1 .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Lance


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
Hopefully Ausberry and Rivera both play well for us this season. If both of those guys can take their games to the next level, Schaub will have a lot of weapons to work with.


It sounds like both will be involved.

Quote:
David Ausberry is running as the first-team tight end at OTAs.
Ausberry missed all of last year due to a shoulder injury. He enters this year with the edge on pass-catching specialist Mychal Rivera due to superior blocking ability, and also has the advantage in raw speed. Still, we don't expect Ausberry to be an every-down player after Dennis Allen called Rivera a "foundation piece" last month. There's low-end TE2 upside at best here.


It'll be a position battle for the starting job.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7272
Location: CA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
I can't wait to see Mychal Rivera with a better QB throwing the ball to him.

Hopefully allot of this.



lol not trying to sound like a hater, but that was just bad coverage against a slow LB. Rivera did little to nothing besides catch the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Lance


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
I can't wait to see Mychal Rivera with a better QB throwing the ball to him.

Hopefully allot of this.



lol not trying to sound like a hater, but that was just bad coverage against a slow LB. Rivera did little to nothing besides catch the ball.


Safety looked like he went the wrong way, but that is football.

I didn't see Ausberry do that the year before last.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Lance


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets compare the two:

Ausberry:
Age 26 going to be 27
Played 3 seasons
9 REC
106 Yards
0 TDs


Rivera:
Age 23 going to be 24
Played 1 season
38 REC
407 Yards
4 TDs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group