Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions Reply with quote

Lets keep a track record to what users think about player projections. What guys you think will breakout or guys who will be

Breakout
D Hayden- think he put in work, a better pash rush will help him
K Mack- might generated 8-10 sacks
S Moore- get healthy and just becomes a playmaker
Jones Drew- shows he still has gas in the tank
M Watson- becomes the LT by end of the year and never looks back
G Jackson- becomes starter day one
R Streater- gets over 1000 yards and 8 tds
Atkinson- my wildcard, but I think he sticks and becomes a special times glue guy

Steady Vet Production
Roach
Tuck
A Smith
Woodley
Woodson
Boothe
Dissappoinments-
Carlos Rodgers- think he is washed up
Bergstorm- bad scheme fit
D Penn- below average left tackle at this point of his career
D Ausberry- gets hurt again.
Mcfadden- damaged goods
Schuab- doesn't last season as starter
wideouts: criner, butler, little- just take up space

what do you guys think we develop?
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually expecting a very solid season from Matt Schaub next season.

Realistically if he can stay healthy I am expecting him to put up around;

3,250 yards, 21 TDs, 10 INTs, 63% completion.

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions Reply with quote

Some bold and not so bold predictions Laughing :

2014 Breakouts
WR Andre Holmes - The last month of the 2013 season was no fluke, ran great routes, high pointed the ball and has hands of stickum could he be our #1 WR in waiting or more likely WR by committee with Jones and Streater.
OT Menelik Watson - Will start on the right and have his rough games but by season end we'll be talking about potential to be an All Pro RT.
D J Hayden - Proves what a difference a pass rush makes. Eliminates errors and plays much more confidently not Pro Bowl level but we'll be pleased with his play.
Tyvon Branch - He'll be used to his strengths and will play at a Pro Bowl level.
Latavius Murray - Features more and more as season winds on and ends up being the best back on our roster.

2014 Disappointments
Pat Sims - Fails to build on his 2013 season and get usurped by McGee and Ellis.
Darren McFadden - We brought him back cheap to see if he can finally stay healthy and produce. He stays healthy but doesn't produce and is gone at year end.
Denarius Moore - Lots of potential but falls down the depth chart behind Holmes, Streater and Jones due to inconsistent play.
Donald Penn - He's in the twilight of his career and will struggle with speed rushers while carrying too much weight. May be replaced before the season is out.....
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:

2014 Breakouts
WR Andre Holmes - The last month of the 2013 season was no fluke, ran great routes, high pointed the ball and has hands of stickum could he be our #1 WR in waiting or more likely WR by committee with Jones and Streater.
OT Menelik Watson - Will start on the right and have his rough games but by season end we'll be talking about potential to be an All Pro RT.
D J Hayden - Proves what a difference a pass rush makes. Eliminates errors and plays much more confidently not Pro Bowl level but we'll be pleased with his play.
Tyvon Branch - He'll be used to his strengths and will play at a Pro Bowl level.
Latavius Murray - Features more and more as season winds on and ends up being the best back on our roster.

2014 Disappointments
Pat Sims - Fails to build on his 2013 season and get usurped by McGee and Ellis.
Darren McFadden - We brought him back cheap to see if he can finally stay healthy and produce. He stays healthy but doesn't produce and is gone at year end.
Denarius Moore - Lots of potential but falls down the depth chart behind Holmes, Streater and Jones due to inconsistent play.
Donald Penn - He's in the twilight of his career and will struggle with speed rushers while carrying too much weight. May be replaced before the season is out.....

Wow...This is something from the back of my mind man!!!

I would also put here that Mack and Moore will surprise some people with their strong combined impact.

I also very high on the potential interior line with Gabe-Wiz-Howard. I think our running game will be dominant. I could see MJD getting injured for some games and I could also see DMC doing nothing special and then comes Murray with a surprising 2nd (basically rookie) season...

I can see Penn struggling and we will once again see Barnes come in and play solid football with some annoying false starts Smile
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comeback Players:

Matt Schaub - He's going to have control of the offense here. Kubiak's system didn't allow him to change plays at the LOS, his Oline was lackluster. I expect him to manage this offense and bring leadership to the position.

MJD - Healthy and reportedly in great shape. Not the kind of player you want to write off. Expect a bounce back year.

DMC - Paired w/ MJD, he will not be expected to carry the load. Motivated, in great shape (reportedly took on a new training program) and has a lot to prove.

Breakout Performers:

Ausberry - Was the starter a year ago before injury. Solid hands and ability to work in space. Will be a favorite target for Schaub who likes the TE.

Hayden - The 'impatient crowd' has already buried him, they will be on his jock after the season. He's bulked up, healthy and entering his 2nd year.

Mack - IMO, he's the real deal. Comes in, impacts the game and has a shot at DROY.

Disappointing Performers:

Murray - IMO, he doesn't make the roster.

Tuck - He's falling off as a pass rusher. '11 and '12 he combined for 9 sacks. He had 11 last season. 4 in one game against a poor Redskins Oline, that's 36% of his production. Over 50% of his sacks (6) came against Washington.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

2014 Breakouts

2014 Disappointments

I would also put here that Mack and Moore will surprise some people with their strong combined impact.

I also very high on the potential interior line with Gabe-Wiz-Howard. I think our running game will be dominant. I could see MJD getting injured for some games and I could also see DMC doing nothing special and then comes Murray with a surprising 2nd (basically rookie) season...

I can see Penn struggling and we will once again see Barnes come in and play solid football with some annoying false starts Smile

Hej Rolni!

I seem to find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts also........must be a European thing Laughing

Hopefully Mack's impact will also help out Moore, Roach and all the LB core. Very intereted to see what Sio Moore can do this year.....should be exciting!
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Comeback Players:

Matt Schaub - He's going to have control of the offense here. Kubiak's system didn't allow him to change plays at the LOS, his Oline was lackluster. I expect him to manage this offense and bring leadership to the position.

MJD - Healthy and reportedly in great shape. Not the kind of player you want to write off. Expect a bounce back year.

If this happens we should be in for a nice year. I've always liked MJD but he's never really excelled against us for some reason.

If Schaub can play as OakleyCap expects we could be a wildcard contender.......
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

2014 Breakouts

2014 Disappointments

Hej Rolni!

I seem to find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts also........must be a European thing Laughing

Hopefully Mack's impact will also help out Moore, Roach and all the LB core. Very intereted to see what Sio Moore can do this year.....should be exciting!

Yeah the European air Smile
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout - Ausberry. So talented. If he's healthy he is one hell of a weapon.

Disappointment - Watson. I think Howard is just overall better than him and will end up getting that RT spot and Watson will be a swing player.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

How is Murray going to breakout buried behind MJD, DMAC and probably Sheets when the season starts?

Also seems you have a bias against the FA signings. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way McFadden can disappoint is if he robbed a teammate at gunpoint. Dude is a never was and has been nothing but a disappointment since we drafted him.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

How is Murray going to breakout buried behind MJD, DMAC and probably Sheets when the season starts?

Sheets? lol No. My reasoning is DMC or MJD will go down at some point, giving Murray his chance to split the workload. I think he'll seize the opportunity.

None of the FA's we brought in were impressive last season, and aside from MJD, who I thinks nearing the end, they're heading into a worse situation on this team.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Sheets? lol No. My reasoning is DMC or MJD will go down at some point, giving Murray his chance to split the workload. I think he'll seize the opportunity.

None of the FA's we brought in were impressive last season, and aside from MJD, who I thinks nearing the end, they're heading into a worse situation on this team.

Sheets? lol yes. He's proven more as a RB than Murray. Listening to Allen talk about the RB position in one of his recent press conferences, he singled out MJD, DMC and.... Sheets. Even mentioned Stewarts name.

The staff didn't seem to high on Murray to start with, so he would have to really impress. In the end, he's a straight line upright RB. Nothing special about him.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but I think Hayden is going to be a beast, and I think It's possible that Leonhardt beats out Kasa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: