You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Ausberry won't be the starter (Mychal Rivera will be) and the only reason he was before he got hurt last season is because Raiders didn't know what they had in Rivera.

Disagree. Sounded like DA liked Ausberry, and he provides the same receiving ability Rivera does with more athleticism and experience (I do use that term pretty lightly though). I'm not saying he's a break out player, but I think he'll be a contributor and the starter.

Ausberry makes a really good catch then you don't hear his name called again for 3 weeks.

He runs a 4.48 40 time is why I think most people like him; me I'm not sold.

Rivera will be better this year then last year though.

I don't think Ausberry has any particular shtick other than not having gotten a chance, but ok. Sure.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
He did not in no way shape or form say that Murray was 5th on the depth chart, all it would take is a injury to MJD or DMC and he would be in the rotation with the other. Not to mention he took first team reps at OTA"s yesterday, so I think you're sadly mistaken.

For a know it all, you sure don't do much research:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1637004/latavius-murray

Quote:
When asked about the depth his team has at running back, Raiders head coach Dennis Allen listed the five most prominent rushers on his team, but there could be more to it than meets the eye.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, who listened to Allen's interview on SiriusXM, the coach ran off his team's "great RB depth" by listing them in the following order: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew, Marcel Reece, Korey Sheets and Latavius Murray.

And so what, he took 1st team reps in May OTA's. He won't be in TC or preseason when it matters. If that's what you're hanging your hat on, well......
So because he listed them in that order that makes it a depth chart? You posted an article but I guess you didn't bother to read the latest one that says he is competing for a back up job and how excited DA is to see what he has, with some actual quotes by DA, and not just SF chronicle speculating because he listed them in that order when they didn't even ask for a specific depth chart, they just talked about the depth we have at RB. I actually listened to that interview. Did you?

10:45 is the start of the whole RB conversation. Do your research pal.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/audio/Coach-Allen-Gets-Sirius/ab90edab-74ba-4dd4-9fc3-60d3cdef5212
No response BP? Great!
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Ausberry won't be the starter (Mychal Rivera will be) and the only reason he was before he got hurt last season is because Raiders didn't know what they had in Rivera.

Disagree. Sounded like DA liked Ausberry, and he provides the same receiving ability Rivera does with more athleticism and experience (I do use that term pretty lightly though). I'm not saying he's a break out player, but I think he'll be a contributor and the starter.

Ausberry makes a really good catch then you don't hear his name called again for 3 weeks.

What are you talking about. He didn't even play last season....

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
He did not in no way shape or form say that Murray was 5th on the depth chart, all it would take is a injury to MJD or DMC and he would be in the rotation with the other. Not to mention he took first team reps at OTA"s yesterday, so I think you're sadly mistaken.

Quote:
When asked about the depth his team has at running back, Raiders head coach Dennis Allen listed the five most prominent rushers on his team, but there could be more to it than meets the eye.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, who listened to Allen's interview on SiriusXM, the coach ran off his team's "great RB depth" by listing them in the following order: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew, Marcel Reece, Korey Sheets and Latavius Murray.

And so what, he took 1st team reps in May OTA's. He won't be in TC or preseason when it matters. If that's what you're hanging your hat on, well......
So because he listed them in that order that makes it a depth chart? You posted an article but I guess you didn't bother to read the latest one that says he is competing for a back up job and how excited DA is to see what he has, with some actual quotes by DA, and not just SF chronicle speculating because he listed them in that order when they didn't even ask for a specific depth chart, they just talked about the depth we have at RB. I actually listened to that interview. Did you?

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/audio/Coach-Allen-Gets-Sirius/ab90edab-74ba-4dd4-9fc3-60d3cdef5212
No response BP? Great!

What response do you want. He has mentioned Murray 5th in the pecking order over the course of this offseason. Murray was in the dog house with the staff last year. They added 2 RBs and resigned another. What's that tell you about how high they are on him?

I hope he finds his stride and becomes half of "the beast" people around here want to tout him as. But in my experience, if they were excited about a player, RB wouldn't have been such a glaring need for the staff this offseason.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Quote:

No response BP? Great!

What response do you want. He has mentioned Murray 5th in the pecking order over the course of this offseason. Murray was in the dog house with the staff last year. They added 2 RBs and resigned another. What's that tell you about how high they are on him?

I hope he finds his stride and becomes half of "the beast" people around here want to tout him as. But in my experience, if they were excited about a player, RB wouldn't have been such a glaring need for the staff this offseason.
Spin it whatever way you like we have added depth and competiton at every position, not just RB and as DA said out of his own mouth they are excited to see him healthy and see what he can do. You just keep taking SF chronicles word for it .
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

I just don't see it he's a monotone mover with no explosion for a guy same size as jordan reed or Aaron Hernandez he's pretty slow IMHO.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside the box man to the rescue.....

The bar has been set so low its hard for some not to be a improvement...

injury crew: if they just stay healthy its an improvement
dmac-the pres
dj
murray
watson
ausberry
berg
burris

sucked so bad last yr crew: if they just play average its an improvement
matt 3.0
matt 2.0- pass cause he was a rook
branch
nix
dmac

tank almost empty so as long as they play average its a plus crew
penn
matt 3.0
tuck
mjd
dmac - yea he is on every list
carlos
barnes- actually i think he is our second best o-line behind wiz but he isnt young
cwood

I know I missed some people but you get the point

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

dmac-the pres
dj
murray
watson
ausberry
berg
burris

matt 3.0
branch
nix
dmac

penn
matt 3.0
tuck
mjd
carlos
barnes- actually i think he is our second best o-line behind wiz but he isnt young
cwood

Branch should be in the injury crew. He got hurt in the second game of the season.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

dmac-the pres
dj
murray
watson
ausberry
berg
burris

matt 3.0
branch
nix
dmac

penn
matt 3.0
tuck
mjd
carlos
cwood

Pessimistic much? I can't help but disagree with a ton of these except for mcfadden. Hayden and watson came into camp banged up so i wouldn't call them injury crew. Come on now...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

I don't think Ausberry has any particular shtick other than not having gotten a chance, but ok. Sure.

The word on Ausberry is immense athleticism, lacks focus and consistency, ditto with DMoore. If they both don't step up and show the type of consistency a methodical coach such as DA can rely on they will both be replaced. You can't make a highlight reel catch and then drop easy balls or run wrong routes or miss blocks, things that distract from what otherwise be good overall play or disappear for long stretches.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Nuke

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout: DJ Hayden
(btw, he seems like he needs to get used to something for a little while before his confidence gets there)

Disappoint: Mack
Expectations are getting ridiculous
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gabe Jackson is going to earn a starting spot and he'll play at the highest level out of this rookie class.
Everything is pretty much an unknown when it comes to the 2014 Raiders but if i have to bet on something, it's our running game being one of the best in the league. Sparano now has his kind of linemen to work with and there's good depth in the backfield. As long as we're able to keep games close, we'll be running it a lot and splitting carries between 3 or 4 RBs (Reece included).

What i'm most concerned about is Woodley playing RE. I'm not sure he can provide enough pressure at this point in his career. Hopefully, Smith, Tuck, Mack and Moore can make up for our lack of a true elite rusher.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think Gabe Jackson is going to earn a starting spot and he'll play at the highest level out of this rookie class.
Everything is pretty much an unknown when it comes to the 2014 Raiders but if i have to bet on something, it's our running game being one of the best in the league. Sparano now has his kind of linemen to work with and there's good depth in the backfield. As long as we're able to keep games close, we'll be running it a lot and splitting carries between 3 or 4 RBs (Reece included).

What i'm most concerned about is Woodley playing RE. I'm not sure he can provide enough pressure at this point in his career. Hopefully, Smith, Tuck, Mack and Moore can make up for our lack of a true elite rusher.

Exactly. If we get pressure from 5 guys, it would easily make up for an elite guy.Last year we arguably only got pass rush from houston on the d line.This year, tuck woodley mack and smith will provide a solid individual pass rush. Moore on top of that would make it excellent.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Exactly. If we get pressure from 5 guys, it would easily make up for an elite guy.Last year we arguably only got pass rush from houston on the d line.This year, tuck woodley mack and smith will provide a solid individual pass rush. Moore on top of that would make it excellent.

i remember we were top 5 in sacks early in the yr but iirc it was dbs getting them on blitzes

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

dmac-the pres
dj
murray
watson
ausberry
berg
burris

matt 3.0
branch
nix
dmac

penn
matt 3.0
tuck
mjd
carlos
cwood

Pessimistic much? I can't help but disagree with a ton of these except for mcfadden. Hayden and watson came into camp banged up so i wouldn't call them injury crew. Come on now...

just being realistic. dj and watson have been injured since day once and have yet to justify their draft selection. while other rookies have a year under their belt dj and watson are basically redshirt freshmen and we need them to play up to their draft status like savy sophs

Raider X wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: