You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout/Dissappointments....Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

How is Murray going to breakout buried behind MJD, DMAC and probably Sheets when the season starts?

Also seems you have a bias against the FA signings. Laughing Laughing

Sheets? lol No. My reasoning is DMC or MJD will go down at some point, giving Murray his chance to split the workload. I think he'll seize the opportunity.

None of the FA's we brought in were impressive last season, and aside from MJD, who I thinks nearing the end, they're heading into a worse situation on this team.

Sheets? lol yes. He's proven more as a RB than Murray. Listening to Allen talk about the RB position in one of his recent press conferences, he singled out MJD, DMC and.... Sheets. Even mentioned Stewarts name.

The staff didn't seem to high on Murray to start with, so he would have to really impress. In the end, he's a straight line upright RB. Nothing special about him.

I just don't like that Sheets is already 30
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if sheets could bring fresh legs for 1-3 that be great. rbs are a dime a dozen if you have a great offensive line
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Ausberry - Was the starter a year ago before injury. Solid hands and ability to work in space. Will be a favorite target for Schaub who likes the TE.

I could swear you were laughing at people bringing up his name just a couple weeks ago.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

How is Murray going to breakout buried behind MJD, DMAC and probably Sheets when the season starts?

Sheets? lol No. My reasoning is DMC or MJD will go down at some point, giving Murray his chance to split the workload. I think he'll seize the opportunity.

None of the FA's we brought in were impressive last season, and aside from MJD, who I thinks nearing the end, they're heading into a worse situation on this team.

Sheets? lol yes. He's proven more as a RB than Murray. Listening to Allen talk about the RB position in one of his recent press conferences, he singled out MJD, DMC and.... Sheets. Even mentioned Stewarts name.

The staff didn't seem to high on Murray to start with, so he would have to really impress. In the end, he's a straight line upright RB. Nothing special about him.

Yeah... he has little upside. Murray might make the roster on that alone. Or Sheets legal issue up in Canada.

But Murray isn't going to bust out, he's a dime a dozen RB. Atkinson could bounce him simply because they are similar runners but GAIII has KR abilities.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Ausberry - Was the starter a year ago before injury. Solid hands and ability to work in space. Will be a favorite target for Schaub who likes the TE.

I could swear you were laughing at people bringing up his name just a couple weeks ago.

I was laughing at the hype he's gotten over a stiff arm, if that's what you are referring to.

I think he will be a decent pass catcher. Not saying he's pro bowl caliber or anything. Just that he was the starter, so there is a good chance he retains the role and puts up 600 yards and a handful of TDs.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I was laughing at the hype he's gotten over a stiff arm, if that's what you are referring to.

I think he will be a decent pass catcher. Not saying he's pro bowl caliber or anything. Just that he was the starter, so there is a good chance he retains the role and puts up 600 yards and a handful of TDs.

Well if he's gonna be Schaub's favorite target he could breakout. I heard he's looking good.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Yeah... he has little upside. Murray might make the roster on that alone. Or Sheets legal issue up in Canada.

But Murray isn't going to bust out, he's a dime a dozen RB. Atkinson could bounce him simply because they are similar runners but GAIII has KR abilities.
Murray taking first team reps today so that's that.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Nothing special about a 230 lb RB with 4.3 speed? Kids a specimen. No chance Sheets makes the team over him.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Think you're wrong here BP!

I looked into Murray quite a bit before the 2013 draft and was really impressed with his juke and lightness of feet for such a big, fast guy. IMO this kid could be what we all hoped DMC would be. He's good catching the ball out the backfield and has a very good character by the accounts I've read. He's going to suprise a few people this season Very Happy
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Nothing special about a 230 lb RB with 4.3 speed? Kids a specimen. No chance Sheets makes the team over him.

Darkness always keeps it 100. I like Murray's potential, again he needs to prove himself. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if we keep 4 rbs with jones drew and McFadden injury history. Atkinson could make the cut if he proves himself adding more youth
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

No. That's Al Davis thinking. Means nothing if he has no vision, runs straight up and doesn't convert size to power. Not saying this describes him as he's an unknown.

Plenty of big fast guys are not great NFL football players.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

I looked into Murray quite a bit before the 2013 draft and was really impressed with his juke and lightness of feet for such a big, fast guy. IMO this kid could be what we all hoped DMC would be. He's good catching the ball out the backfield and has a very good character by the accounts I've read. He's going to suprise a few people this season Very Happy

When's he going to see the field over MJD and DMC?

Let's be real here. He was in Allen's dog house prior to hitting injured reserve last year. This offseason they signed back DMC. Added MJD. Signed Sheets from the CFL. Does that sound like an organization who is excited about their recently drafted RB?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Let's be real here. He was in Allen's dog house prior to hitting injured reserve last year. This offseason they signed back DMC. Added MJD. Signed Sheets from the CFL. Does that sound like an organization who is excited about their recently drafted RB?

week 4 when they're both injured?
i think we're trying to get as many RBs as we can because we're scared of having our best ones on the bench hurt for most of the season. it's not necessarily a sign of coaching discontent.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Dude you're always so over the top they are not going to give up on a young possible future at RB for 30 plus year old injury prone RB's on 1-2 year deals. It was a small sample size but Murray ran well in the carries he had plus he landed in the dog house because it was rumored his injury wasn't football related.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Breakout Seasons:
Ausberry
Mack
Murray
Watson

Disappointments:
Schaub
Jones-Drew
Jones
Woodley

Dude you're always so over the top they are not going to give up on a young possible future at RB for 30 plus year old injury prone RB's on 1-2 year deals. It was a small sample size but Murray ran well in the carries he had plus he landed in the dog house because it was rumored his injury wasn't football related.

RBs are a dime a dozen. They are not going to wait around on him. The fact Allen listed him 5th verbally on the RB depth chart in a recent press conference says something.

There is nothing over the top. They will take the best 3 RBs. Murray, Atkinson, Sheets and Stewart are all vying for that spot. So he has work to show up this offseason.

How are he and Atkinson any different right now? Both H/W/S guys, but Atkinson has KR ability. That will go a long way.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: