Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final 53 Prediction Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Final 53 Prediction Thread Reply with quote

Just how it sounds, this thread will be used to document our predictions on the final 53. You can obviously just post a new prediction every time you change your mind about a certain player/position.

I'll start us off:

Offense: 24
QB: Russell Wilson // Tarvaris Jackson // Terrelle Pryor
HB: Marshawn Lynch // Christine Michael // Robert Turbin
FB: Kiero Small // Derrick Coleman
WR: Percy Harvin // Doug Baldwin // Paul Richardson // Jermaine Kearse // Kevin Norwood // Ricardo Lockette
TE: Zach Miller // Anthony McCoy // Luke Willson
OT: Russell Okung // Justin Britt // Michael Bowie
OG: JR Sweezy // Alvin Bailey // James Carpenter
OC: Max Unger // Lemuel Jean-Pierre

Defense: 25
LEO: Cliff Avril // Benson Mayowa // Jackson Jeffcoat
DT: Brandon Mebane // Tony McDaniel // Jordan Hill // Jesse Williams
LDE: Michael Bennett // Cassius Marsh // Greg Scruggs
OLB: KJ Wright // Bruce Irvin // Malcolm Smith // Kevin Pierre-Louis
MLB: Bobby Wagner // Heath Farwell
FS: Earl Thomas // DeShawn Shead
SS: Kam Chancellor // Jeron Johnson
CB: Richard Sherman // Byron Maxwell // Jeremy Lane // Tharold Simon // AJ Jefferson

Special Teams: 3
K: Steven Hauschka
P: Jon Ryan
LS: Clint Gresham

PUP List: 1
WR Sidney Rice

Practice Squad: 8
OL Jared Smith
CB Eric Pinkins
DT Jimmy Staten
SS Dion Bailey
LB Horace Miller
QB B.J. Daniels
RB Spencer Ware
LB Korey Toomer

Notable Cuts
QB Keith Price
LB O'Brien Schofield
WR Chris Matthews
DT D'Anthony Smith

Notes: The last roster spot came down to Robert Turbin, Heath Farwell, and O'Brien Schofield, with the latter missing out on the final 53 due to the fact that I determined he wouldn't be used much at LEO with Avril/Irvin/Mayowa/Jeffcoat on the roster and he wasn't valuable enough as a rotational LB or special teamer with the addition of KPL. The Seahawks have kept 5 total RBs every year since Pete has been the HC, so I stayed with that pattern to keep Turbin on the roster, with Spencer Ware just narrowly missing out on a spot to Kiero Small.

I think the team will be forced to keep Jeffcoat on the final 53 (though not the active gameday roster) to ensure not losing him to another team like they did with Chris Harper. With Clemons gone I think this team is going to be looking for as many LEO guys as they can fit on the roster, and they have 4 with the way I've predicted it.

Staten and Pinkins are the two guys from this draft going to the practice squad as both players need some serious refinement to their game. I could see Staten getting called up later if the team is forced to IR or PUP Jesse Williams. I just narrowly put BJ Daniels over Keith Price because I really don't think Price has much potential at this level. DeShawn Shead barely takes a roster spot from Dion Bailey due to the fact that he has shown the ability to play S and CB.
darnell

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Wilson, Jackson, Pryor (3)
RB: Lynch, Michael, Turbin, Ware (4)
FB: Small (1)
WR: Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, Norwood, Lockette (6)
TE: Miller, Willson, McCoy (3)
OT: Okung, Bowie, Britt (3)
OG: Sweezy, Carpenter, Bailey (3)
C: Unger, Jeanpierre (2)

Total Offense: 25

LEO: Avril, Mayowa, Schoefield (3)
LDE: Bennett, Marsh, Scruggs (3)
DT: Mebane, McDaniel, Hill, Williams (4)
OLB: Wright, Irvin, Smith, Pierre-Louis (4)
MLB: Wagner, Coyle (2)
CB: Sherman, Maxwell, Lane, Adams, Simon (5)
S: Thomas, Chancellor, Johnson, Bailey (4)

Total Defense: 25

PUP: Rice

So, similar - except I went with Ware instead of Coleman, Schofield instead of Jeffcoat (though Jeffcoat is cheaper and has longer term so I can see him getting the nod), went Coyle over Farwell (I think they would like to find someone to be the new Heath and this could be the guy), Adams over Jefferson and Bailey over Shead.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys are saying that Pryor will make the 42 man roster. Any word on how he's doing in OTA's? Has he improved his passing? I know he's had a tendency to do that in the off season and early on during the season. Any input?
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's ESPN's version -
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/7070/seattle-seahawks-projected-53-man-roster

Some notable guys that didn't make the cut.
- FB K. Small (kept Ware and Coleman at FB)
- WR S. Rice (chose Ricardo Lockette instead due to ST ability)
- DT J. Hill (Lots of competition all over the DL, UDFA DE Jeffcoat also was sent to the PS)
- LB O. Schofield (KPL and Toomer were the chosen ones here)
- Safeties E. Perkins and D. Bailey (the writer kept Terrance Parks on the final 53, should be another one to watch during TC).

I think he had some interesting thoughts and certainly went against the grain in some spots. I think Rice makes the team and we can worry about which WR can play special teams later. I just have no faith in Lockette's ability to ever produce on offense.
It'd be a shame to see Jordan Hill get cut but I didn't see anybody that clearly should have been cut in his place.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on Pryor and how he's doing? His throwing mechanics? Does it appear that he will be the number three QB?
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Any word on Pryor and how he's doing? His throwing mechanics? Does it appear that he will be the number three QB?

It looks like he's going to have to battle for his spot this pre-season. Good chance we run with 2 QBs again and if I was him, I wouldn't bank on staying with this team as a #3.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we still down on Pryor? After watching him I can see he has improved his passing. Much of that is due to a better Oline. He's still dangerous.
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Are we still down on Pryor? After watching him I can see he has improved his passing. Much of that is due to a better Oline. He's still dangerous.

His decision making scares me. T jack can at least function in this offense, but this guy is a loose cannon.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

His decision making scares me. T jack can at least function in this offense, but this guy is a loose cannon.

I believe you have a diamond in the rough. When I say he's dangerous I mean with the potential to be an outstanding player.
6'6" and probably the fastest man on your team with a 4.3/40. He just needs time as he never had much of a passing game in his career. He always had the ability to run away from trouble in college.
Remember, he's a 3rd string QB at the moment. I want to see him succeed. I'm just sorry it wasn't with the Raiders.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brock Coyle takes Farwell's spot this year.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

I believe you have a diamond in the rough. When I say he's dangerous I mean with the potential to be an outstanding player.
6'6" and probably the fastest man on your team with a 4.3/40. He just needs time as he never had much of a passing game in his career. He always had the ability to run away from trouble in college.
Remember, he's a 3rd string QB at the moment. I want to see him succeed. I'm just sorry it wasn't with the Raiders.

Sorry, but between Thomas, Harvin, Richardson, Lockette and Lane he's nowhere near the fastest. It's really not even that close with some of them either.

S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

Sorry, but between Thomas, Harvin, Richardson, Lockette and Lane he's nowhere near the fastest. It's really not even that close with some of them either.

Wow, you have four guys faster than Pryor?
Thought I'd check as I am confident that you don't know what you have or how really fast Pryor is. And then you said it's not really even close with some of them. I'm sure you based that comment more on a visual than reality.
Percy Harvin 4.41
Kevin Norwood 4.48
Paul Richardson 4.40
Ricardo Lockette 4.34. Now Ricardo is fast.
I couldn't find a time on Jeremy Lane. I'm sue he's fast.
You could attack the figures but I got them off the internet.
Terelle Pryor 4.32 at his Pro Day. Only time I got for him.
He looks like he's running in slow motion and it's very deceptive. Watch guys chase him and he just pulls away.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

Thought I'd check as I am confident that you don't know what you have or how really fast Pryor is. And then you said it's not really even close with some of them. I'm sure you based that comment more on a visual than reality.
Percy Harvin 4.41
Kevin Norwood 4.48
Paul Richardson 4.40
He looks like he's running in slow motion and it's very deceptive. Watch guys chase him and he just pulls away.

If you think Pryor could beat Harvin, Richardson or Lockette in a foot race, I believe you're crazy. Thomas and Lane may be a lot closer. Also it seems like you found the best time for Pryor you could find, and the worst for the others (not sure why Norwood is even on there).

Best time i could find for these guys (as if it matters)

Harvin: 4.28
Thomas: 4.37
Lockette: 4.26
Lane: 4.42 (lowest I could find for him, but he has been said to be among our fastest players)
Richardson: 4.28

4.32 is the fastest I could find for Pryor.

S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

Percy Harvin 4.41
Kevin Norwood 4.48
Paul Richardson 4.40

If you think Pryor could beat Harvin, Richardson or Lockette in a foot race, I believe you're crazy. Thomas and Lane may be a lot closer. Also it seems like you found the best time for Pryor you could find, and the worst for the others (not sure why Norwood is even on there).

Lane: 4.42 (lowest I could find for him, but he has been said to be among our fastest players)

Why did I expect a personal attack? I know, I'm crazy
You said he's no where near the fastest and his time is right there with the fastest guys on your team.
Actually that time for Pryor was the only one I surveyed as was the case with the other players. I did not look for his fastest time.
He's amazing in the open field. I saw him run a bootleg at the 5 yard line against San Diego 95 yards for a TD. He just blew by the defense like they were standing still. Oh, and I'm sure I mentioned he has a straight arm like a pile driver. The man knows how to run. Unfortunately he thinks he can run away from everything.
If only he could improve his passing under pressure he could easily supplant Jackson.
He's been criticized for poor decisions. With less pressure he would make better decisions and I hope you have the Oline to protect him. Unfortunately I know very little about Seattle. My only hope is that I get a chance to see him play in this league.
He's on your team at the moment. If he makes the cut would you support him?
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
imani wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Plush wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

Percy Harvin 4.41
Kevin Norwood 4.48
Paul Richardson 4.40

Why did I expect a personal attack? I know, I'm crazy
You said he's no where near the fastest and his time is right there with the fastest guys on your team.
Actually that time for Pryor was the only one I surveyed as was the case with the other players. I did not look for his fastest time.
He's amazing in the open field. I saw him run a bootleg at the 5 yard line against San Diego 95 yards for a TD. He just blew by the defense like they were standing still. Oh, and I'm sure I mentioned he has a straight arm like a pile driver. The man knows how to run. Unfortunately he thinks he can run away from everything.
If only he could improve his passing under pressure he could easily supplant Jackson.
He's been criticized for poor decisions. With less pressure he would make better decisions and I hope you have the Oline to protect him. Unfortunately I know very little about Seattle. My only hope is that I get a chance to see him play in this league.
He's on your team at the moment. If he makes the cut would you support him?
Support him? He isn't going to take Wilson's job so why would it matter?

I like the security of T-Jack way more than a gamble on Pryor if we need him. We know what we have with Tarvaris. An 8-8 season. Say Russell goes down for 4 games this year. We realistically go 2-2 with Tarvaris. With Pryor we probably go 1-3 or winless. Especially with our schedule. That's right now. Can Pryor turn it around? Sure. I don't think he will though.

And remember, he played against Denver's #3 defense.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: