Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread - Vernon Davis Reports (pg 11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quinton Patton served as the No. 3 wide receiver while Stevie Johnson didn't enter the game until the third quarter.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/24/6651227/49ers-notes-grass-gets-mixed-reviews.html#storylink=cpy

I wonder if Patton is ahead of Johnson on the depth chart, or is it more of us wanting to evaluate Patton?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that is right as I saw Johnson on the field in the 1st quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Quote:
Quinton Patton served as the No. 3 wide receiver while Stevie Johnson didn't enter the game until the third quarter.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/24/6651227/49ers-notes-grass-gets-mixed-reviews.html#storylink=cpy

I wonder if Patton is ahead of Johnson on the depth chart, or is it more of us wanting to evaluate Patton?

I'd say it's a mix of wanting to evaluate and keeping a light load on Stevie, who missed a few practices with an injury.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
chamilitary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus martin diagnosed with a dislocated kneecap. thank goodness it wasn't a torn acl.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamilitary wrote:
marcus martin diagnosed with a dislocated kneecap. thank goodness it wasn't a torn acl.

Much better than I was hping for when I saw the electric cart carrying him off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamilitary wrote:

I know it's an 8 week injury, but I wouldn't be shocked if they IR him. Martin and Brandon Thomas will end up being this year's version of Tank and Dial. Can't wait to see what they can do in 2015.
struby3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

I know it's an 8 week injury, but I wouldn't be shocked if they IR him. Martin and Brandon Thomas will end up being this year's version of Tank and Dial. Can't wait to see what they can do in 2015.

Marcus Martin is still very raw though. He needs as much practice time as he can get. Those extra 10+ weeks of practice could be very important for him. Plus, we never dress more than 7 OL anyway. Keep him on the 53 and bring him back to practice when he is ready.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Marcus Martin is still very raw though. He needs as much practice time as he can get. Those extra 10+ weeks of practice could be very important for him. Plus, we never dress more than 7 OL anyway. Keep him on the 53 and bring him back to practice when he is ready.

You could be right, if playing against the best of opponents. I tell ya though.. I am breaking down his snaps from the last game... and I am not finding any that make me think he can't start when healthy. He looks like he belongs out there. Kilgore not looking bad either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

You could be right, if playing against the best of opponents. I tell ya though.. I am breaking down his snaps from the last game... and I am not finding any that make me think he can't start when healthy. He looks like he belongs out there. Kilgore not looking bad either.

Fine. Start grooming one of them to play G.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Looney has looked like he belongs too. Also, Brandon Thomas is a great prospect to develop once healthy. Iupati is no doubt gone after the season.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Looney has looked like he belongs too. Also, Brandon Thomas is a great prospect to develop once healthy. Iupati is no doubt gone after the season.

I used to think this was pretty likely. But with Boone's holdout we might just decide to move him. Im not talking about who's better. But it's always a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out how to allocate the cap money. At the G position it might come down to how much it would take to sign one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's 2014 NFL Season Prediction

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11377732/2014-nfl-season-preview-analysis-game-game-predictions-more-every-team

They have the 49ers going 11-5 and finishing in second place

ESPN Predicted Standings:
1. Seahawks 12-4 -- Second Seed
2. 49ers 11-5 -- Fifth Seed
3. Cardinals 7-9
4. Rams 5-11

Not bad, I can't complain much but I do think the Seahawks will have a bit of a super bowl hangover. I also think the niners will regain the west title.

My Predicted Standings:
1. 49ers 12-4 -- Second Seed
2. Seahawks 10-6 -- Fifth Seed
3. Cardinals 8-8
4. Rams 4-12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaMike has been terrible on returns these last two weeks. I find it really hard to justify dressing him on gameday. Give Bruce the job already. Even the other Bruce has been better than James on kick returns.

Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LaMike has been terrible on returns these last two weeks. I find it really hard to justify dressing him on gameday. Give Bruce the job already. Even the other Bruce has been better than James on kick returns.

Yeah, it hasn't been pretty. Granted, that first one, he really didn't have much of a choice. That ball was rolling into the end zone, but the Texans would probably have caught up to it before then and downed it at the 1-yard line. The second one was just bad. Fair catch that one. No point in taking a big hit and risking losing the ball.

Third one was pretty good coverage and really bad blocking by our special teams. He had nowhere to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Yeah, it hasn't been pretty. Granted, that first one, he really didn't have much of a choice. That ball was rolling into the end zone, but the Texans would probably have caught up to it before then and downed it at the 1-yard line. The second one was just bad. Fair catch that one. No point in taking a big hit and risking losing the ball.

And both kickoffs he couldn't get back to the 20. I don't remember Ellington being short of the 30. At the end of a game, that's a pretty big difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: