Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread - Vernon Davis Reports (pg 11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet
Sounds like #49ers WR Brandon Lloyd has a real good chance to make the team. Hes fitting in, which is just as good news. Bonded with Boldin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those planning on attending the last open practice:

Quote:
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 1m
#49ers open practice scheduled tomorrow has been moved up from 5pm to 4:15pm! Make sure you are on time and don't be late!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
As usual too much over-reaction to the few quaters of play Gabbert has been in for. He was much better this game than the first. At this point in the year with a new QB you just want to see improvement. And who knows what he could do if Vernon, Crabs and Boldin were out there with him. Heard Ted Robinson on the radio yesterday saying he has looked fantastic in practice so far. Plus, he's only got a few month's worth of coaching from our staff. If they see any talent there then they're going to want a chance to polish it.

He's also Blaine Gabbert and there's a reason why the opinion on him is pretty low; this is not a rookie. This is a guy who does have NFL tape, and has never looked all that impressive or even capable of being an average back up quarterback in the NFL. What you're seeing is not an overreaction to his crappy play, I think it's more or less just people saying, "yeah, so those feelings on Gabbert as a player were pretty much spot on"

Really? Well let's see. In his third year he broke his thumb in preseason, then had his throwing hand stepped on and had 15 stiches in it, then got more seriously hurt. He essentially had no third year. So we'd have to go back to his second year in the league to see how much he sucks.

His ccompletion percentage was up 8 percentage points from his rookie year. In absolute numbers it was higher than jake Locker, and (you'll love this) exactly the same as Cam Newtton. It was just a few points lower than Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder and of course Kap. Here's anther surprise for you - it was only two points lower than both Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin in their second years. His QBR was up 12 points from his rookie year and also higher than Locker, and just a few points lower than Ponder and Griffin in his second year, and not too terribly far behind Newton, Dalton and Luck's second season. His TD.Int ration was virtually the same as Ponder and Newton, and better than Griffin.

I'm still not saying he's great or even will be some day, but he showed vast year over year improvement from his rookie year to his second year, and even in absolute terms his stats weren't far behind a lot of other young qbs that people think are pretty good. One more year of improvement like his second and he'll be a darn good backup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
You guys nervous after the first two games, or do the guys who need to look good look okay and a couple camp bodies making it seem worse than it is?

I'm absolutely terrified about what happens if Kap goes down. Other than that, I'm not overly concerned

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry big9erfan, but I just don't see it with Gabbert. He was known to panic in the pocket and make errant throws and that hasn't changed since coming here. What is funny is he had some great training camps in Jacksonville but was the opposite in the games. Gabbert is what he is, and Harbaugh and the crew miscalculated with this trade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I'm sorry big9erfan, but I just don't see it with Gabbert. He was known to panic in the pocket and make errant throws and that hasn't changed since coming here. What is funny is he had some great training camps in Jacksonville but was the opposite in the games. Gabbert is what he is, and Harbaugh and the crew miscalculated with this trade.

I'd like to see him in his second year in an offense. His situation is eerily similar to Alex Smith at this point. I don't really see us having a better option right now either. If we are going to pick up another backup QB it wont be until after roster cuts. I wish we would have held onto BJ Daniels last year instead of cutting him for Skelton, it would have been interesting to see what he looked like going into his second year.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Barrows, one source said the 49ers were looking for a first or second round pick, while another source said the team would prefer not to trade him, and would need to be blown away by an offer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) tweeted at 2:53 PM on Wed, Aug 20, 2014:
Source: Teams have inquired about trading for #49ers holdout guard Alex Boone, but SF is not interested in trading him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I don't want to trade Boone either, and the only way I would is if it was an offer we absolutely couldn't say no to. The fact that Looney hasn't been a complete disaster probably kills any leverage that Boone could have had. At this point Boone is only hurting himself by sitting out.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
Good. I don't want to trade Boone either, and the only way I would is if it was an offer we absolutely couldn't say no to. The fact that Looney hasn't been a complete disaster probably kills any leverage that Boone could have had. At this point Boone is only hurting himself by sitting out.

Yup! Which is why I feel like it's so dumb of him to be holding out in the first place. Baalke don't do that crap and he should know by now. Just show up [/b]

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
757-NINER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
You guys nervous after the first two games, or do the guys who need to look good look okay and a couple camp bodies making it seem worse than it is?

In short....no.

Preseason is one big Jedi mind trick. I wish more fans understood this. Your never as good or as bad as it may appear to the naked eye. We'll be fine once the real bullets start flying....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I know. Could be. I'm just hoping that year over year improvement from year 1 to year 2 can continue under Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tolzein stuck in the pocket and made a pretty good td throw.

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Tolzein stuck in the pocket and made a pretty good td throw.

My understanding is that he has looked pretty good this preseason.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMJ to play tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 35 of 38

Jump to: