Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread - Vernon Davis Reports (pg 11)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Training Camp Thread - Vernon Davis Reports (pg 11) Reply with quote

I thought we should just start a thread for all the offseason activities.

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 1h
Play of the day: @Kaepernick7 post corner TD to Brandon Lloyd vs. P Cox in red zone team period.

Quote:
#49ers RB @MarcusLattimore caught a few short passes, practiced with no knee brace.

Quote:
Defensive highlight: @PatrickWillis52 intercepted McLeod Bethel-Thompson in 7-on-7 period.

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 23m
Kap on Brandon Lloyd: "He's been amazing out here."

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 9m
One of the other highlights of the #49ers OTA session was seeing @Okoye chase down @morrisCODE_tr3 during a kick return drill.

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 7m
#49ers QB @Kaepernick7 on Brandon Lloyd: "Very smooth. Very disciplined with his routes and he’s an easy target to throw to.”

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Kap is building a nice repertoire with Lloyd, but very unlikely he makes the team.

I wish they had the highlight of Okoye running down the fastest player on the team.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 2m
Red zone an area of emphasis these #49ers OTAs. Jim Harbaugh: "We're about 35, 40% operating in the red zone these OTAs"

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 35m
During the OTA, Kaepernick spent a lot of time talking with Brandon Lloyd and fired several strikes to him in the Red Zone.

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 27m
Watching the OTA, I got an immediate sense that Brandon Lloyd could have a roster spot carved out for him despite all the other WRs...

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 26m
Why? Kaepernick's own words: "That's something that we know we've struggled with here--the Red Zone... And he's had success down there."

Now that is interesting, how do we make room for him? Who is the odd man out?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 2m
Red zone an area of emphasis these #49ers OTAs. Jim Harbaugh: "We're about 35, 40% operating in the red zone these OTAs"

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 35m
During the OTA, Kaepernick spent a lot of time talking with Brandon Lloyd and fired several strikes to him in the Red Zone.

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 27m
Watching the OTA, I got an immediate sense that Brandon Lloyd could have a roster spot carved out for him despite all the other WRs...

Quote:
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 26m
Why? Kaepernick's own words: "That's something that we know we've struggled with here--the Red Zone... And he's had success down there."

Now that is interesting, how do we make room for him? Who is the odd man out?

Osgood maybe? If someone like Skov/Borland/D. Johnson who will make the team can show some special teams prowess, it would make Osgood's singular skill obsolete. Of course, this is all early and without pads, so I'm not sure it'll have much of an effect on the roster just yet.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, there are still a lot of factors to determine who makes the team, but I kind of thought it was a forgone conclusion he would be cut.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/05/28/colin-kaepernick-on-the-49ers-new-receivers-the-red-zone-not-talking-about-his-contract-publicly-and-moving-on-from-the-miami-incident/

I loved Kaepernick bringing up improving his footwork as that his been a weakness for him.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Definitely, there are still a lot of factors to determine who makes the team, but I kind of thought it was a forgone conclusion he would be cut.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/05/28/colin-kaepernick-on-the-49ers-new-receivers-the-red-zone-not-talking-about-his-contract-publicly-and-moving-on-from-the-miami-incident/

I loved Kaepernick bringing up improving his footwork as that his been a weakness for him.

Feet are one of the most important factor in accuracy, so yeah, it's a pretty neat thing to work on for him. In a perfect world, if his completion percentage could hover around 63-65% this year, our offense woud look great.

It sucks that we don't have more practices open to the media. It's just so exciting to hear about football after so long. On the other hand, we've gotten over-excited about minicamps in the past. Can't wait for preseason. I really want to see Okoye. I'm hoping he takes a spot on the team and Dobbs is cut. Having that freight train on special teams could be fun to watch.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Feet are one of the most important factor in accuracy, so yeah, it's a pretty neat thing to work on for him. In a perfect world, if his completion percentage could hover around 63-65% this year, our offense woud look great.

It sucks that we don't have more practices open to the media. It's just so exciting to hear about football after so long. On the other hand, we've gotten over-excited about minicamps in the past. Can't wait for preseason. I really want to see Okoye. I'm hoping he takes a spot on the team and Dobbs is cut. Having that freight train on special teams could be fun to watch.

I think 63% is definitely attainable and would love for him to have a YPA of 8-8.5.

Yeah, not sure why the team won't allow the media to film. I mean the Cowboys did right?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought Lloyd would be an early cut. On the other hand even now he's probably better than a bunch of guys we've had on the roster recently. Too bad for him we drafted one and traded for one. They both probably have a better chance to make it than Lloyd does.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Nick Moody(54) that big last year? He looks huge.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:

Yep. Big and bad arsed. Better than Borland will be, is my guess... hope the backup ILBs all get a fair chance out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:

Yep. Big and bad arsed. Better than Borland will be, is my guess... hope the backup ILBs all get a fair chance out there.

I think they definitely will, but why do you think he will be better than Borland? I never really watched much of Moody, but do you think he has a good chance of being ahead of Borland on the depth chart?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
--During one-one-one drills, tight end Vance McDonald could not shake Patrick Willis, who broke up a Blaine Gabbert pass. . . . Rookie linebacker Chris Borland intercepted a Gabbert pass intended for LaMichael James. . . Rookie cornerback Dontae Johnson ran deep with Jacobs and broke up a pass 45 yards down the field from Kaepernick.

--Willis intercepted a McLeod Bethel-Thompson pass intended for rookie tight end Kevin Greene in a red-zone drill.

Oldman, you SURE Moody is better than Borland? Laughing

Kidding of course, but I will be very intrigued to see the progress of Johnson throughout the offseason. As stated before, he is the prototypical Coach Donatell project.

Gabbert is such a bust, can we please cut this guy already? Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:

I think they definitely will, but why do you think he will be better than Borland? I never really watched much of Moody, but do you think he has a good chance of being ahead of Borland on the depth chart?

Sure.. I'll go climb out on that limb. Not like it matters, should it break. As for the why.. just my hunch after seeing a bit of each.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, obviously Whilhoite is the favorite to win the spot since he has experience, but maybe one of the younger guys step up.

PWilly is going to have a monster season. Just a hunch Wink.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes been pretty jacked up.

oldie hates borland bc his short arms Laughing
i didnt like the pick very much either, but i think he earns the 2 spot without bow. his limited athleticism i think can be hidden with our great line and pat next to him. so his instincts will shine imo

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: