Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft - Scouting Reports - Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.

As far as drafting a QB is concerned, if we were to get one this year my vote would go to Oregon State's Sean Mannion. His College stats are VERY similar to another former Cowboy's player, Troy Aikman. They are similar in size and throwing style. Just look at their stats:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/troy-aikman-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sean-mannion-1.html

their completion percentage is almost identical. Alright, Mannion has thrown more INT's than Aikman, but he has also thrown for more yards and TD's.

If they got him this year and concetrated on building the defense over the next 2 years, this team may be a legit contender by 2017.

Just my opinion.
atownfootball16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Jameis, these qb's worry me. Granted I haven't done a lot of research but just watching a little bit of tape the running qb's just scare me. If not for a qb I would love someone like Randy Gregory or Leonard Williams on the DL. If we move away from Murray, which I don't love the idea of, Melvin Gordon is really intriguing. He reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atownfootball16 wrote:
After Jameis, these qb's worry me. Granted I haven't done a lot of research but just watching a little bit of tape the running qb's just scare me. If not for a qb I would love someone like Randy Gregory or Leonard Williams on the DL. If we move away from Murray, which I don't love the idea of, Melvin Gordon is really intriguing. He reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles.

I would take Hundley over Winston. I think with another year under his belt, he (Hundley) will be the top ranked QB going into the draft next May - especially with the character/legal concerns that Winston has.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.

As far as drafting a QB is concerned, if we were to get one this year my vote would go to Oregon State's Sean Mannion. His College stats are VERY similar to another former Cowboy's player, Troy Aikman. They are similar in size and throwing style. Just look at their stats:

their completion percentage is almost identical. Alright, Mannion has thrown more INT's than Aikman, but he has also thrown for more yards and TD's.

If they got him this year and concetrated on building the defense over the next 2 years, this team may be a legit contender by 2017.

Just my opinion.

At this point, I am avoiding Mannion until the mid-later rounds, personally.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Just my opinion.

At this point, I am avoiding Mannion until the mid-later rounds, personally.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that I would take him with the first pick, unlike Aikman. I would say 2nd or preferably 3rd round. That way we could build our D line in the first 2 rounds. I really believe a 3rd round QB can win big in this league given the right weapons, protection and coaching. As of right now we have 2 out of 3 in weapons and protection (our O line is going to be awesome). It is the coaching that worries me. I mean, any team that can blow two 2nd half double digit leads (Det, GB) by NOT running the frickin ball (coaching 101), especially when your RB is averaging almost 5 yards a carry, is suspect.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braxton Miller likely out for the season with a shoulder injury

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why people who compare a regular individuals back issues with a pro athlete always leave out the part where the athlete is getting the best imaginable care every single day of their lives. Good days and bad days be damned, as long as Sunday's are a good day.

As for 2015 draft, I see lots of QB talk, but what is the point if we can't field a defense that stops anyone?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
I never understood why people who compare a regular individuals back issues with a pro athlete always leave out the part where the athlete is getting the best imaginable care every single day of their lives. Good days and bad days be damned, as long as Sunday's are a good day.

As for 2015 draft, I see lots of QB talk, but what is the point if we can't field a defense that stops anyone?

I think Romo's good for another year. The next draft should definitely be dedicated to the defense.

Plenty of good DL prospects, but I would love to land Denzel Perryman.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:

I think Romo's good for another year. The next draft should definitely be dedicated to the defense.

Odd. You spelled Dante Fowler Jr.'s name wrong.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:

Odd. You spelled Dante Fowler Jr.'s name wrong.

Laughing I'm high on Perryman...would love to have him should we decide to move on from Lee god that really hurts saying that and McClain doesn't show enough to stick around.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Shaq Thompson please. Perfect WLB for us

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously our needs are on Defense

I love Perryman. I like the high energy violent play

What are yalls thoughts on

Mario Edwards and Leonard Williams?

I like Edwards across from Demarcus Lawrence but i am not as high on him as everyone eles but i see the physical skill

Leonard Williams inside or outside and is he a fit?

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Thoughts on the following mock?

Mario Edwards, Jr. DE, Florida State (Round 1)
Shaq Thompson OLB, Washington (Round 2)
Corey Robinson OT, South Carolina (Round 3)
Leon Orr DT, Florida (Round 4)
Taylor Kelly QB, Arizona State (Round 5)
Jermauria Rasco DE, LSU (Round 7)

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Thoughts on the following mock?

Mario Edwards, Jr. DE, Florida State (Round 1)
Shaq Thompson OLB, Washington (Round 2)
Corey Robinson OT, South Carolina (Round 3)
Leon Orr DT, Florida (Round 4)
Taylor Kelly QB, Arizona State (Round 5)
Jermauria Rasco DE, LSU (Round 7)

Was actually just watching some of Edwards. Could be a great fit on the left side with D-Law as the RE. I obviously love Thompson. I've only seen a game of Robinson, but wasn't a huge fan. Jake Fisher is a guy I like that could be in that range. Don't know much about Orr. Kelly is okay as a developmental guy I guess. Rasco is a solid player, wouldn't mind him in the 7th. Good stuff, Des.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you watch'd my Gator?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: