Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft - Scouting Reports - Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13749
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
IMO next year we have to draft a QB high. If Winston or Hundley are in range (or falls) for the Cowboys we have to draft one. They are blue chip prospects and we need someone to backup Romo. Whether it's one or two back surgeries, they are still serious enough to go get a talented replacement in 2015 who can learn for a year or two.


The only way this team drafts a QB is if Romo's back isn't up to par. If he is suffering then obviously the team will need to draft one. But if he is fine this team will not waste a high draft pick on a QB when they are trying to get Romo as many pieces as possible to go out an win a SuperBowl.


I couldn't agree more. The only way the Cowboys draft a QB in the 1st round in the next 2 years is if Romo's back goes out and he can no longer play. All you guys saying we should draft someone and groom them, think about this. Romo is the only QB since Troy Aikman that this team has developed. We've drafted, signed and traded for guys. None of them were developed. Jason Garrett, Wade Wilson and company have never developed a player at the QB position. In fact, I'd say that Romo really hasn't gotten any better at all under their tutelage. The guy Romo worked with under Parcells was David Lee, formerly of the Arkansas Razorbacks. Romo and Lee worked together after practice a lot. Romo credited Lee with his development. Since Lee left, Romo has not gotten better at all. If our coaches have never developed a QB before, what makes y'all think they will do so any time soon?


What makes you think JG and co will be around next year? He's in the last year of his contract and there has been zero discussion about extending the guy. JG has had the benefit of the highest payroll in the NFL every year and never finished better than 8-8. Frankly, 2014 isn't looking great for him either.

Shouldn't a new coach be given the opportunity to set up the team with his personnel?
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da Boyz


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 3923
Location: Waldorf, MD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.


For sure. If the opportunity arises they need to pull the trigger asap. If taking one high doesn't present itself then they at least need to just keep stockpiling talent ala Seattle until that player is there for them. Either way the sights need to be set on the long term, because as you said I just don't see this team turning it around in the next 2 seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Boyz wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.


For sure. If the opportunity arises they need to pull the trigger asap. If taking one high doesn't present itself then they at least need to just keep stockpiling talent ala Seattle until that player is there for them. Either way the sights need to be set on the long term, because as you said I just don't see this team turning it around in the next 2 seasons.


I agree 100%.

The idea is to take be ready to take a QB when the opportunity presents itself. When you are forced to find one, bad things usually happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
romo2bryant


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 443
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any knowledge on Vic Beasley?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6682
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge on Vic Beasley?


Yeah, I watched him a decent amount last year. He's my top rush linebacker, but its very early in the process, obviously. Pretty sure he is a former RB like Barr, but he isn't quite as big. Super quick and very tough to deal with off the edge though
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
romo2bryant


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 443
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge on Vic Beasley?


Yeah, I watched him a decent amount last year. He's my top rush linebacker, but its very early in the process, obviously. Pretty sure he is a former RB like Barr, but he isn't quite as big. Super quick and very tough to deal with off the edge though


Would he be a defensive end in our 4-3 or OLB like Von?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6682
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge on Vic Beasley?


Yeah, I watched him a decent amount last year. He's my top rush linebacker, but its very early in the process, obviously. Pretty sure he is a former RB like Barr, but he isn't quite as big. Super quick and very tough to deal with off the edge though


Would he be a defensive end in our 4-3 or OLB like Von?


In our scheme, SLB like Miller
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cmd34


Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 103
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Wait on a QB until 2016 and get Hackenberg please


Dead on take.
_________________
Cowboys and USC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CT Cowboy Fan


Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 963
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmd34 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Wait on a QB until 2016 and get Hackenberg please


Dead on take.


100% agree. The only problem with this is that he will be the #1 overall pick in 2016, I just don't see us being the worst team in the league or doing an RG3 trade either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
cmd34 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Wait on a QB until 2016 and get Hackenberg please


Dead on take.


100% agree. The only problem with this is that he will be the #1 overall pick in 2016, I just don't see us being the worst team in the league or doing an RG3 trade either.


Every year we hear this about a player. He has 2 years before he is draft eligible. There is WAY too much college football for him to play before making statements like that. With the way quarterbacks rise and fall, he's more likely to be an eventual 2nd rounder than the #1 overall pick.

Anyway, it's a dumb idea to "wait" for one specific player. The only way he's worth it is if he ends up as the clear #1 pick. In which case you probably don't have a shot at him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25129
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Time to look into who's who of this year? Any players who can help this team going forward?

Someone mentioned I should look at Michigan's Frank Clark. Anyone have any opinions?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4131
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Does anybody really think Romo's going to get a ring with this team over the next couple of seasons?

There's a chance, but I'm not betting the future on it. We need to build this roster into a long-term contender, and a huge part of that is figuring out our next long-term QB.


Not a chance. Our defense is going to be awfully bad and will hold us back. Our D needs an infusion of talent from a couple of drafts. Stranger things have happened but I don't see us contending for a while. While the defense gets rebuilt, Romo gets older.

I agree with you that a huge part of our long term strategy has to be addressing our QB post Romo. My fear is that the defensive needs will be so great that we may bypass the franchise QB to address our defensive needs with the mindset that Romo is going to play forever.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT Cowboy Fan


Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 963
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he's a sophomore or RS sop more so I don't know if he can come out this year, but I think we should all keep an eye on Ohio States Joey Bosa. He's a 6'6" 285 DL. I've seen him lined up all over the place, some DT and both DE spots. If he can develope some pass rush moves I think he'd be a great strong side DE in our system.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6682
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
I don't know if he's a sophomore or RS sop more so I don't know if he can come out this year, but I think we should all keep an eye on Ohio States Joey Bosa. He's a 6'6" 285 DL. I've seen him lined up all over the place, some DT and both DE spots. If he can develope some pass rush moves I think he'd be a great strong side DE in our system.


Unfortunately only a true soph. He is sooooo good though
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group